Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineADRADMIN
Stranger
Loc: Connecticut
coming up on shrooms
    #1014107 - 11/01/02 07:05 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

who here agrees that coming up on shrooms is quite nasty? i get shocks of electricity goin down my body and i twitch and shake all weird. its very unpleasent and i sometimes have a hard time lettin myself let go. once im there tho and have rose to the peak i have control of it and have an awesome time the visuals are smooth and welcoming.

does anyone have any advice, anything at all for the come up? what do u guys usually do. thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: coming up on shrooms [Re: ADRADMIN]
    #1014138 - 11/01/02 07:24 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

THe come up on mushrooms is quite rapid. Some times the drastic change in such a short amount of time is a lot to handle.

Only thing i could say is decrease absorbtion time by eating ona full substance. Dont slow it down to much cuz once you start tripping and you try to dose again it doesnt increase intensity just makes it longer.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineKillerClown
From Outer Space

Loc: in a dark corner
    #1014248 - 11/01/02 08:24 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I get very anxious when I start to come up. It usually helps to distract myself with a lava lamp, or by petting an animal. One thing I can't do is watch TV when they start to kick in, makes me feel like I'm about to jump out of my skin.

InvisiblePsilosKube
I'm eat todd did

Loc: In bed with your woman
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: ADRADMIN]
    #1014739 - 11/02/02 12:08 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
PK

All information and images posted by myself are fictional and for entertainment purposes only. I accept no responsibility for inapropriate or Illegal use of this information.

Offlinehuboldium
Re: coming up on shrooms [Re: PsilosKube]
    #1014860 - 11/02/02 01:25 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

alright,
eat half your mushrooms, wait 5-10 minutes and eat 1/3 of what you have left, wait another 5-10 mins and then eat the second third, then after another 5 mins eat the rest, this will slow your come up, also, drink a smoothie about half an hour before eating them, make sure you are in a comfortable place, put on some mindfuck music that you can really get into, you wont even notice the comeup if its realy good music, dont worry or think about the come up, clear your mind and take it as it comes

Offlinekaptain_karma
We're all inthis together
Loc: the jolly old land of Oz
    #1016255 - 11/02/02 04:28 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, the last time I did shrooms, it came on fast as shit, but it still took me like an hour to peak. I smoked some salvia 10x during that period, which may have had something to do with it. I agree that shrooms can come on a little too speedy sometimes, soI like to find a quiet, not-too stimulating place to chill till I start to plateau.

Offlinemikey_
SURFING ON SINEWAVES
Male

Loc: Liverpool
Re: coming up on shrooms [Re: kaptain_karma]
    #1016380 - 11/02/02 05:20 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

the come up is the worst part for me. i get anxious and my hearts starts beating fast. weed makes it worse as well.
i always feel like i'm not part of peoples conversations as well, if i'm sitting with firends i feel like i'm far away from them. not a nice body load for me.
once i'm past it though i'm cruising.
the best thing to do is to distract yourself, do something. so youre not concentrating on your body.

--------------------
The poison is the dose - Paracelsus
Let your food be medicine and your medicine be food - Hippocrates

OfflineAnGiL420
Your Momma
Loc: It's hot and dirty
    #1016519 - 11/02/02 07:02 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

My come up on shrooms I always feel like I need something. I get so irritated and anxious. I am not happy just sitting there. I am not enthused by trying to do something. My body gets this weird feeling and it sucks, but once I'm there I'm like YEAHHHH!

OfflineKwaidan
Stranger
Re: coming up on shrooms [Re: AnGiL420]
    #1016768 - 11/02/02 08:34 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Must be nice when they actually take effect, maybe I'll find out myself one day. They don't seem to work at all on me.

OfflineRoger_irrelevant
War's boring,change thechannel!

#1018437 - 11/03/02 12:57 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

who here agrees that coming up on shrooms is quite nasty? i get shocks of electricity goin down my body and i twitch and shake all weird. its very unpleasent and i sometimes have a hard time lettin myself let go. once im there tho and have rose to the peak i have control of it and have an awesome time the visuals are smooth and welcoming.

The answer is to try not control it! It's ok to lose yourself for a while, don't worry you're in good hands :smile:
I find sitting in darkness away from distraction helps. Anything you do while sober (well not EVERYTHING) is best avoided as it will just remind you how far from normality you are.
I get shakes too, uncontrollable spasms in fact, it's the ego not wanting to let go, but I tell myself that "This is what I want, this is what must happen."

--------------------
We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams...

OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Loc: Qu?bec
Re: coming up on shrooms [Re: Roger_irrelevant]
    #1018799 - 11/03/02 02:57 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I LOVE coming up on shrooms. The feelings it gives me are undescribable. I feel anxious, but in a good way. I always wonder what the trip is going to be like, and I'm always looking forward to the peak, and I know I'm getting closer to it with every passing second... I love it way better than the comedown, because sometimes it (the comedown) makes me feel dissapointed...

--------------------
I'm a bipedal carbon-based pseudo-random number generator.

Demonstration: 152.

OfflineKanibus
Killa KanProductions

Loc: Canada
Re: coming up on shrooms [Re: Meph]
    #1019225 - 11/03/02 07:41 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I dont really like the coming up on shrooms. It takes to damn long. I usually chew half the bag for 10 minutes, wait a bit, chew the other half for 10 minutes, then i wait like 20 minutes and smoke some weed, and when im done the shrooms should start to kick in. But still it takes about an hour and a half for the peek to start.

--------------------
~~~~ CHECK THIS SHIT OUT ~~~~
http://www.geocities.com/magicmushroominfo/
http://www.geocities.com/killakanproductions/
~~~~ CHECK THIS SHIT OUT ~~~~

OfflineADRADMIN
Stranger
Loc: Connecticut
Re: coming up on shrooms [Re: Kanibus]
    #1019298 - 11/03/02 08:08 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

meph im the exact opposite man. i love coming down on shrooms. especially if i just got out of a huge mindfuk trip and got atleast level 4. suddenly when i start to realize the things around me i become so enlightened and amazing. coming down is great i am in such of a good mood if it was a good trip and stay in a positive mood all week. especially if i resolved some things.

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
    #1021450 - 11/04/02 02:49 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

hey i love coming down too! especially when the trip was strong and gave me some knowledge;-)

OfflineBitchCakes
The captain ofouter space

Loc: Sea Attole
    #1022703 - 11/04/02 10:28 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

The come on for me is pretty wicked...I always feel anxious, nervous, uncomfortable, and sick. Whenever I think about tripping, I think about those effects first even though I absolutely love the 4-5 hours that follows it.

The two things that work for me to kind of ignore these feelings are..

Play video games. If I focus all my energy into it, I get sucked in until I'm tripping pretty hard.

Play music. If you play an instrument, play it...its fun, and feels cool when youre starting to buzz a little bit.

--------------------
-I'm a dork-

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #1024524 - 11/05/02 01:52 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I dunno, it's kinda fun to be like, "wait a minute, something is different," and things kinda look cartoonish and colors are a lil brighter. Then you just laugh your ass off. I guess the come on just doesn't bother me, but i've never done a high dose, which I assume would make the come on worse.

--------------------

OfflineTheta
TranscendentalExplorer

#1025895 - 11/05/02 09:16 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

IMO, your subjective experience "coming up" on shrooms is dependant on and indicative of you personality and state of mind - just as is your experience with the trip itself.

I for one love it...

OfflineTrip_Out_7
PaRTy aNiMaL

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: coming up on shrooms [Re: Theta]
    #1025908 - 11/05/02 09:22 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

My first trip, the come up was awesome. I was anxious and it felt so cool!

One trip started out with them coming on too strong, and I started having a bad trip, and I told myself "there's no fucking way I'm going to have a bad trip" and I went and sat with a friend and I let myself go and the come up was fine after that. And the trip was pretty good and intense.

--------------------

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
    #1026584 - 11/06/02 12:42 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I agree, the comeup is very intense and I dont like it, but after the first hour or so I'm good to go. The comedown is great too, as things slowly fit back together and my mind makes sence of everything.

I feel so uncomfortabally insane during the comeup, sick, and the jumbled sences are harsh. I dont know what I want to do with myself. I usually just sit and listen to music or scribble on paper. I'll try playing videogames sometime - that sounds like fun.

Offlineaxtv
child of the sun
Re: coming up on shrooms [Re: TeKHeAD009]
    #1029110 - 11/06/02 05:22 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

As weird as it might be to beleive the first time i took shrooms i totally forgot during the come up. I was really stoned and ate about a half 8th and just went into the other room to play some video games. I got so into the game i totally forgot i took the shrooms. (that and i was really stoned)....as soon as i got up i sure as hell rememered haha;.

--------------------
...remember...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies