Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenocoast
Trichome Technician

Re: when god talks to you [Re: Legalize]
    #10218621 - 04/23/09 07:42 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Legalize said:

For example: Big bang theory. Holy fuck. There was nothing

Thats a bit of a paradox innit? Nothing cannot exist, nothing can only not exist, thats what makes it nothing, meaning it couldnt have been there before the big bang theory happened, SOMETHING, had to have been there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Loc: North Alabama
Re: when god talks to you [Re: nocoast]
    #10218643 - 04/23/09 07:50 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Some highly respected quantam physicists explain the birth of as universe as possibly coming from a collision of two conflicting universes, resulting in an expulsion of matter and dark matter from therein, and creating our newer universe. :strokebeard3:

OfflineMr. Kite
Curious Newcomer
 User Gallery

#10218647 - 04/23/09 07:50 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Sometimes you just have to realize when you're just in one of those

:eek: woah MAN!

moments, where everything is a coincidence and everything is important.

But really, kudos to your concience. I also have an active concience, and if I do something wrong I can't live with myself. I think that shows alot that you were honest enough with yourself to see what you did wrong. congratulations, you've become a better person.

--------------------
"It doesn't really matter if I'm wrong/ I'm right. Where I belong I'm right."

Edited by Mr. Kite (04/23/09 07:52 AM)

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Re: when god talks to you [Re: drainhaven]
    #10218711 - 04/23/09 08:11 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

drainhaven said:
Great read man, heres $.02- just so you dont get confused- God,or whatever letters you use to describe the energy, would not make you feel guilty. Your ego or your friend, who was messing with your vulnerable altered mind, did that. A 100% positive, loving energy, wouldnt chastise you-knowwhatamean? IMO

I am an atheist, but I like and respect this post very much.

We, as humans tend to be our biggest critics, and we often dwell on feelings of guilt and shame once we have allowed ourselves to accept the fact that we have acted imperfectly, and then choose to live differently.

Taking inventory on ourselves is a difficult and tricky thing to do.  Sometimes it takes psychedelics to give us the necessary perspective from which to critique our intentions in life.

If there is a God, I would like to think of HIM/HER/IT in the same sense as being 100% loving and caring, not wanting us to hold onto our guilt, for it only a by-product of our ability to learn from our mistakes.

--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

Offlineteck345
human being
 User Gallery

Re: when god talks to you [Re: Swyfty Swyf]
    #10219322 - 04/23/09 10:33 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Swyfty Swyf said:

I am an atheist, but I like and respect this post very much.

We, as humans tend to be our biggest critics, and we often dwell on feelings of guilt and shame once we have allowed ourselves to accept the fact that we have acted imperfectly, and then choose to live differently.

Taking inventory on ourselves is a difficult and tricky thing to do.  Sometimes it takes psychedelics to give us the necessary perspective from which to critique our intentions in life.

If there is a God, I would like to think of HIM/HER/IT in the same sense as being 100% loving and caring, not wanting us to hold onto our guilt, for it only a by-product of our ability to learn from our mistakes.

couldn't of said it better my self

Offlinelethargic
Stranger
Male

Loc: my humble abode
Re: when god talks to you [Re: teck345]
    #10219342 - 04/23/09 10:37 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

So what do you plan on doing after this experience? Are you going to still do acid / give them to others?

--------------------

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Re: when god talks to you [Re: lethargic]
    #10219455 - 04/23/09 11:05 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Enquiring minds want to know. :popcorn:

--------------------

Offlineteck345
human being
 User Gallery

#10220187 - 04/23/09 01:25 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

well since the trip i still encourage people to trip. not as recklessly as i once did. i still trip from time to time. not in the cocky manner i once did. i now take trips in different directions or use them to get a little more creative with music theory. i pretty much got rid of everything own except a military surplus bag full of gear for survival, guitar, and my harmonicas. if i am going to stand for something im really going to stand for it. i have a love and understanding of all living things. i live everyday to the best of my abilities. when someone speaks i focus on everything they are saying. i don't owe all this to LSD. its just the way i see life. i also write for about an hour or so a day. the relationships you make with living things are the most rewarding thing you can experience in life. eve the thoughts your sharing with me on this page. i value them very much.

OfflineLegalize
Metalhead
Male

Loc: USA Flag
    #10220208 - 04/23/09 01:27 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

When god talks to me I worry.

--------------------

Opiate free since 8/26/10 :thumbup:

Opiate free since 6/22/11 :thumbup: :sun: :thumbup:

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

#10220418 - 04/23/09 02:02 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

What is it that you feel is so necessary to stand for that it means you should not allow yourself to have things?

Are you monkish?

And how are you on the net?

Do you keep a laptop in your army surplus bag and go to a coffee shop periodically to charge up and chat on the Shroomery?

--------------------

Offlineteck345
human being
 User Gallery

#10220503 - 04/23/09 02:19 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

not allow myself to have things? swyfty i don't make rules for my life that's silly. i just don't need lots of things right now.  i travel a lot computers are everywhere. ive met a lot of people and loved them very much. im helping my old uncle with some work around his house. he lives far out in the country and i use his computer.i just like telling of my experiences and this is a good vice along with my journals.

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

#10220554 - 04/23/09 02:28 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I think I see now.

It sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders.

I am glad you have told us about yourself.

I agree that when two or more people connect on a spiritual level, it is priceless.

Many people have a hard time truly listening to another human being and having a meaningful conversation, because while the other person is talking, they are getting all amped up to talk about whatever is on their mind.

You must take pride in your ability to listen.

I'm glad to have met you, my good man.

--------------------

Offlineteck345
human being
 User Gallery

#10220564 - 04/23/09 02:29 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

some kind words there swfty. same to you.

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Beyond the dualism of : God vs. No God [Re: teck345]
    #10223375 - 04/23/09 10:57 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Hope this helps 
a short excerpt from "Alan Watts on Zen Buddhism"

That in this universe, there is one great energy, and we have no name for it. People have tried various names for it, like God, like

* Brahmin, like Tao, but in the West, the word God has got so many

funny associations attached to it that most of us are bored with it. When people say "God, the father almighty," most people feel funny inside. So we like to hear new words, we like to hear about Tao, about Brahmin, about Shinto, and __-__-__, and such strange names from the far East because they don't carry the same associations of mawkish sanctimony and funny meanings from the past. And actually, some of these words that the Buddhists use for the basic energy of the world really don't mean anything at all. The word _tathata_, which is translated from the Sanskrit as "suchness" or "thusness" or something like that, really means something more like "dadada," based on the word _tat_, which in Sanskrit means "that," and so in Sanskrit it is said _tat lum asi_, "that thou art," or in modern America, "you're it." But "da, da"--that's the first sound a baby makes when it comes into the world, because the baby looks around and says "da, da, da, da" and fathers flatter themselves and think it's saying "DaDa," which means "Daddy," but according to Buddhist philosophy, all this universe is one "dadada." That means "ten thousand functions, ten thousand things, one suchness," and we're all one suchness. And that means that suchess comes and goes like anything else because this whole world is an on-and-off system. As the Chinese say, it's the _yang_ and the _yin_, and therefore it consists of "now you see it, now you don't, here you are, here you aren't, here you are," because that the nature of energy, to be like waves, and waves have crests and troughs, only we, being under a kind of sleepiness or illusion, imagine that the trough is going to overcome the wave or the crest, the _yin_, or the dark principle, is going to overcome the _yang_, or the light principle, and that "off" is going to finally triumph over "on." And we, shall I say, bug ourselves by indulging in that illusion. "Hey, supposing darkness did win out, wouldn't that be terrible!" And so we're constantly trembling and thinking that it may, because after all, isn't it odd that anything exists? It's most peculiar, it requires effort,...

more at
http://www.dharmaweb.org/index.php/Alan_Watts_on_Zen_Buddhism

Offlineteck345
human being
 User Gallery

Re: Beyond the dualism of : God vs. No God [Re: laughingdog]
    #10223524 - 04/23/09 11:31 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

thanks man i hope this helps all who are  are interested in this thread

OfflinePsilomind
Anti-Prohibitionist
 User Gallery

#10223761 - 04/24/09 12:15 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Why does learning about your shortcomings or wrongdoings have to be a bad thing? Why does anything related to God or Jesus have to so negative or full of dis-belief? What proof is there that God does not exsist? Furthermore, what proof is there that Jesus did not exsist? And why is it so important for some to say that they don't? Does this give the ok to do whatever you like whenever you want without having to be responsible to someone for it? Why is it so important for some to look for other explanations on how we all came to be?

I don't know about you all but I sure as hell don't want to find out that God/Jesus, the Bible all that is TRUE when it's too late and I'm facing God for the last time on my way to hell because I refused to beleive in Him and his Son, and his death and resurection and the forgiveness......

--------------------
Wir sind nicht so gut, versuchen Sie besser zu allen Zeiten und um Vergebung bitten.

Offlineteck345
human being
 User Gallery

Re: when god talks to you [Re: Psilomind]
    #10223816 - 04/24/09 12:28 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

the bible was written by man. its flawed.

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: when god talks to you [Re: Psilomind]
    #10224082 - 04/24/09 01:32 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Psilomind said:
Why does learning about your shortcomings or wrongdoings have to be a bad thing? Why does anything related to God or Jesus have to so negative or full of dis-belief? What proof is there that God does not exsist? Furthermore, what proof is there that Jesus did not exsist? And why is it so important for some to say that they don't? Does this give the ok to do whatever you like whenever you want without having to be responsible to someone for it? Why is it so important for some to look for other explanations on how we all came to be?

I don't know about you all but I sure as hell don't want to find out that God/Jesus, the Bible all that is TRUE when it's too late and I'm facing God for the last time on my way to hell because I refused to believe in Him and his Son, and his death and resurrection and the forgiveness......

Some of the things just do not make sense. I'm not saying historically, or as in they're physically impossible, but things such as anti-gay, suppression of sex, drugs are bad, cursing (words) are bad (in themselves). I could go on. I'm not saying I'm better than (the bible's) god, but I can't follow a leader I disagree with.

To more directly answer you question, I don't question whether God exists, Christian or otherwise, that's silly, but I do question how God exists.

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
-Buddha

Offlineretrospect
Re: when god talks to you [Re: krypto2000]
    #10224200 - 04/24/09 02:15 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Apparently it's quite common for people to interperet their experiences as God, I think it's better known as the Clear Light, and when you react with fear and confusion these things tend to happen. Nextime recognize the experience as ego loss and become one with it. That's just my advice because I have had a couple of 'psychotic' experiences similar.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: when god talks to you [Re: retrospect]
    #10224245 - 04/24/09 02:49 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

god is the shit, hes the man-thing, he who you wont stop talking about.

the Metatron bitches!

Iridescent butterflies, songs and words.

One suchness

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder