Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineOpioid
Male

Loc: Canada
Re: I'm a 20 year old living at my parents house with no plans for the future. [Re: Tedwilto]
    #10208848 - 04/21/09 05:42 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Tedwilto said:
Quote:

Poid said:
How about those people that make a decent living out of growing medicinal marijauna?

if you can do it, all the power to you. Im just saying that almost all stoners make absolutely nothing useful out of their hobby. Not to say its not fun, just not productive.

Yeah, I'd rather work during the week and be a weekend warrior

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: I'm a 20 year old living at my parents house with no plans for the future. [Re: DieCommie]
    #10208856 - 04/21/09 05:42 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Qubit said:
Quote:

Poid said:
How about those people that make a decent living out of growing medicinal marijauna?

Id say a hobby in gardening can certainly lead to a fruitful career. :thumbup:  Dont confuse gardening/agriculture with smoking pot.

Good point, but you can't deny that many artists are influenced by psychedelic drug use.

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

OfflineOpioid
Male

Re: I'm a 20 year old living at my parents house with no plans for the future. [Re: Poptart]
    #10208860 - 04/21/09 05:43 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Poptart said:
I just don't see myself enjoying any career that is realistic.

Any career that sounds like I might enjoy it is unstable.

And everything sounds so boring to me.

Yeah I think the same things too.  Most people probably don't like their jobs though.

--------------------

OfflinePoptart
 User Gallery
Re: I'm a 20 year old living at my parents house with no plans for the future. [Re: Opioid]
    #10208882 - 04/21/09 05:45 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Opioid said:
Quote:

Poptart said:

Yeah I think the same things too.  Most people probably don't like their jobs though.

lol you sound like me
My parents say that alot of people do love their jobs but I dont belive it.

I think people just learn to tolerate their jobs.

Wtf really enjoys working?

I just need to pick a career that I hate the least.

OfflineOpioid
Male

Re: I'm a 20 year old living at my parents house with no plans for the future. [Re: Poptart]
    #10208888 - 04/21/09 05:46 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Poptart said:
Quote:

Opioid said:
Quote:

Poptart said:

lol you sound like me
My parents say that alot of people do love their jobs but I dont belive it.

I think people just learn to tolerate their jobs.

Wtf really enjoys working?

I just need to pick a career that I hate the least.

Yeah, pretty much everything I think of is stressful in one way or another.

--------------------

Invisibletrees
 User Gallery

Re: I'm a 20 year old living at my parents house with no plans for the future. [Re: igwna]
    #10208895 - 04/21/09 05:48 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

if you keep believing that everything is getting worse for you or that there is no future.

then there is no future and things will keep getting worse.

--------------------
Trees is dead, this is his mum posting

OfflinePoptart
 User Gallery
Re: I'm a 20 year old living at my parents house with no plans for the future. [Re: trees]
    #10208914 - 04/21/09 05:51 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

well until I change something in my life nothing good will ever happen but I don't know what to do or where to go.

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Loc: North Alabama
    #10208916 - 04/21/09 05:51 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Then face the music and do something boring that you can make money at quickly.

If you drive yourself, you can make good money in construction, and you don't have to go to school.

I didn't start until I was 23.

I wish I had started at your age, but as it is, I have an office job and I talk on the Shroomery and stay high all the time.

--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #10208929 - 04/21/09 05:54 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

You sound hopeless!

Seriously.

A)  How can you not know what you want to do?  It's fucking you, dude, not some alien organism inhabiting your body.  How can you not know what *you* want?

B)  How can you be 20 and stand living with your parents?  I would be fucking insane.  Don't you want some independence?  Does your Mom do your laundry?

C)  How did you run out of money at school smoking pot?  I smoked myself stupid all through college and never ran out of money.  Did you work while you were in school?  If not, why not?

D)  Just get serious dude.  Stop building all these false obstacles for yourself and just *do* shit.  I sound like a fucking Nike commercial, but it's really not hard.  Stop endlessly thinking and DO.  If you're working 40-hours a week and living at home, you can't have any fucking serious bills.  You should be able to save enough money in no time to do whatever you want to do.  Get out of your comfort zone.  Move to some tropical paradise and carve coconuts on the beach, if you want.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10208934 - 04/21/09 05:55 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Poptart said:
well until I change something in my life nothing good will ever happen but I don't know what to do or where to go.

Just feel lucky that you make money. Go camping and trip in nature, invest in stocks, go fishing, do something! I would kill to have a stable construction job right now! :smile:

:rockets:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

OfflinePoptart
 User Gallery
Re: I'm a 20 year old living at my parents house with no plans for the future. [Re: Swyfty Swyf]
    #10208939 - 04/21/09 05:56 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I DO NOT want to work in construction.

I have already learned that just by working here for 3 months.

If I had to work construction for the rest of my life I would just kill myself.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I'm a 20 year old living at my parents house with no plans for the future. [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #10208940 - 04/21/09 05:56 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
B)  How can you be 20 and stand living with your parents?  I would be fucking insane.  Don't you want some independence?  Does your Mom do your laundry?

Some people have closely knit families. :shrug:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10208945 - 04/21/09 05:56 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Poptart said:

Go to college.

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: I'm a 20 year old living at my parents house with no plans for the future. [Re: Poid]
    #10208947 - 04/21/09 05:57 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Quote:

Madtowntripper said:

Some people have closely knit families. :shrug:

I thought I had you on ignore, WTF.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Invisibletrees
 User Gallery

Re: I'm a 20 year old living at my parents house with no plans for the future. [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #10208965 - 04/21/09 06:00 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Move to some tropical paradise and carve coconuts on the beach, if you want.

how much money do you think it takes to move out to a tropical paradise with a small shack to live in on the beach, with a small area for growing fruits and veggies, so i can carve coconuts on the beach?

ive always dreamed of having this....

--------------------
Trees is dead, this is his mum posting

OfflinebrainsOplenty
myconut
Male

Loc: on your sister
    #10208972 - 04/21/09 06:01 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Poptart said:

out of work union carpenter, been laid of for three months now. STOP YOUR WHINING YOU LITTLE BITCH-ASS POPTART MUNCHING DOUCHEBAG.:fishsmack:

--------------------
FOR GOD'S SAKE MAN! TELL ME ABOUT THE FUCKING GOLF SHOES!!!

LIVIN THE LIFE!!!

"WE KNOCK NIGGAS OUT AND MAKE EM BOUNCE LIKE RICKY HATTON"- IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Loc: North Alabama
    #10208989 - 04/21/09 06:03 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Poptart said:

It's not for everyone.  You gotta be tough.  :FattyNoneck:

--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

OfflinePoptart
 User Gallery
    #10209002 - 04/21/09 06:05 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
You sound hopeless!

Seriously.

A)  How can you not know what you want to do?  It's fucking you, dude, not some alien organism inhabiting your body.  How can you not know what *you* want?

C)  How did you run out of money at school smoking pot?  I smoked myself stupid all through college and never ran out of money.  Did you work while you were in school?  If not, why not?

D)  Just get serious dude.  Stop building all these false obstacles for yourself and just *do* shit.  I sound like a fucking Nike commercial, but it's really not hard.  Stop endlessly thinking and DO.  If you're working 40-hours a week and living at home, you can't have any fucking serious bills.  You should be able to save enough money in no time to do whatever you want to do.  Get out of your comfort zone.  Move to some tropical paradise and carve coconuts on the beach, if you want.

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
You sound hopeless!

Seriously.

A. Because every option I have thought of sounds fucking boring and not for me.

B. I can't stand living at my parents house I'm going fucking nuts here. And I have no friends here. I need to get out but I don't know where to go or what to do.

C. I was working when I moved out but I got fired (I don't even know why they fired me). And I just Put off getting a job and just smoked weed all day with my friends. Until one day I coulden't pay rent.

D. I know I know your right I make up way to many excuses and I am being pretty pathetic but I just have no willpower to do anything and I have no ideas and I'm just way depressed.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: I'm a 20 year old living at my parents house with no plans for the future. [Re: trees]
    #10209007 - 04/21/09 06:05 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

trees said:
Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Move to some tropical paradise and carve coconuts on the beach, if you want.

how much money do you think it takes to move out to a tropical paradise with a small shack to live in on the beach, with a small area for growing fruits and veggies, so i can carve coconuts on the beach?

ive always dreamed of having this....

If you just want to sleep on the beach and be a vagrant, it costs however much a plane ticket costs.

But to live reasonably well is going to cost you similar to what it costs in the states.

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#10209012 - 04/21/09 06:06 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Poptart said:
A. Because every option I have thought of sounds fucking boring and not for me.

B. I can't stand living at my parents house I'm going fucking nuts here. And I have no friends here. I need to get out but I don't know where to go or what to do.

C. I was working when I moved out but I got fired (I don't even know why they fired me). And I just Put off getting a job and just smoked weed all day with my friends. Until one day I coulden't pay rent.

D. I know I know your right I make up way to many excuses and I am being pretty pathetic but I just have no willpower to do anything and I have no ideas and I'm just way depressed.

EVERY JOB IN THE WORLD SOUNDS BORING TO YOU?

If so, you really are hopeless.

I have no other advice to give you.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds