Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineZigmat
Far Out

LSD question - how can this be explained?
    #10138683 - 04/09/09 07:35 PM (15 years, 10 days ago)

Okay, I'll try to keep this story short. About a month ago me, my brother and a friend tried LSD. They were having 1 hit each, while i was having a higher dose, 2 hits.

The trip started normally, i was in for quite a ride, and so were them. In a determined moment of the trip, me and my brother realized that my friend was unable to communicate. When i say unable to communicate, i really mean it. You would talk to him, and he would limit to looking at you with a confused face and then looking away.

These effects lasted for about 6 more hours. In this time period, he did things he later claimed not remembering, like pouring a drink all over himself and destroying several things. This situation of course brought our trip down quite a few.

Now, even considering body weight, this didn't make any sense. I was the skinniest guy of the three of us, and with 2 hits i didn't get effects even near those of my friend. He is actually quite a large guy and pretty heavy.

What happened? What could've made him unable to communicate for about 6 or 7 hours?

Thanks for reading!

Oh and i will be writing a trip report afterwards, it was complete madness.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarri

Re: LSD question - how can this be explained? [Re: Zigmat]
    #10138718 - 04/09/09 07:42 PM (15 years, 10 days ago)

Same with me except with 2c-e does that forgot everything feeling ever go away?

OfflineZigmat
Far Out

Re: LSD question - how can this be explained? [Re: Harri]
    #10138748 - 04/09/09 07:48 PM (15 years, 10 days ago)

Well he apparently doesn't like to speak much about what happened that day, he pretty much avoids the subject. On the few rare occasions we ever spoke about it, he said he remembers few things about the trip, like the exact moment where he became unable to communicate.

He became himself quite slowly, and even the next day he was acting a little strange. As the days passed by, he recovered himself.

Is this some sort of hypersensitivity to LSD? I'm guessing he shouldn't be touching psychedelics again, is this so?

--------------------

Offlinemockingbird
It Goes Round And Round

Loc: 0high0 Flag
    #10138843 - 04/09/09 08:03 PM (15 years, 10 days ago)

LOOP LOOP LOOP, or he may have a pre existing condition phychologily that was triggered by the lsd.  This one time i was at a friends house and we were all tripping, and this kid took three hits, started going into thought loops would repeat himself contently then he lost control broke a huge picture frame then picked up the glass and broke it in his hand.  everyone started running he tore the antenna off some poor girls new car.  I ended up on the roof with a golf club with my buddy.  He was a big boy and im really skinny this man was running around the house with a samuri sword.  This coke dealer friend of the girls whos house it was who was an even bigger boy came in and literally roped him up while we started to clean.  The sword ended up piercing the mattress of the master bedroom not before cutting off every corner off every cabnit he could fined...it was truly awful

--------------------

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: LSD question - how can this be explained? [Re: mockingbird]
    #10138883 - 04/09/09 08:09 PM (15 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

mockingbird said:
LOOP LOOP LOOP, or he may have a pre existing condition phychologily that was triggered by the lsd.  This one time i was at a friends house and we were all tripping, and this kid took three hits, started going into thought loops would repeat himself contently then he lost control broke a huge picture frame then picked up the glass and broke it in his hand.  everyone started running he tore the antenna off some poor girls new car.  I ended up on the roof with a golf club with my buddy.  He was a big boy and im really skinny this man was running around the house with a samuri sword.  This coke dealer friend of the girls whos house it was who was an even bigger boy came in and literally roped him up while we started to clean.  The sword ended up piercing the mattress of the master bedroom not before cutting off every corner off every cabnit he could fined...it was truly awful

to be perfectly honest

in that situation

i would have just fucking left, :shrug:

i've done it before,

shit gets out of hand with fucking idiots who don't know what they're getting themselves into,

and insta-bail.

walking home is much funner then freaking out over some idiot being an idiot.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

OfflineZigmat
Far Out

#10138888 - 04/09/09 08:10 PM (15 years, 10 days ago)

Now that you mention loops... He was actually looping in some way. There were a few phrases that got "stuck" on him. He would constantly ask to go back to where we came from (with the exact same words) withing 2 minute periods or something like that.

It was actually an awful experience, since i was still tripping but couldn't focus at all in my trip because i was worried about my friend staying like that. I feel like i wasted most of my experience because of this.

--------------------

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

#10138902 - 04/09/09 08:12 PM (15 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Zigmat said:
Now that you mention loops... He was actually looping in some way. There were a few phrases that got "stuck" on him. He would constantly ask to go back to where we came from (with the exact same words) withing 2 minute periods or something like that.

It was actually an awful experience, since i was still tripping but couldn't focus at all in my trip because i was worried about my friend staying like that. I feel like i wasted most of my experience because of this.

The best way I think to deal with that is to change the scenery,

if you're inside, go outside,

if you're listening to music, turn it off,

if you're talking to him, stop talking to him, and vice versa,

find something to do,

roll a ball back and forth,

even the slightest change in the moment will probably throw his loop off or get him to stop freaking out.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Offlinemockingbird
It Goes Round And Round

Re: LSD question - how can this be explained? [Re: pfxtc]
    #10139063 - 04/09/09 08:35 PM (15 years, 10 days ago)

I wish i coulda left i was WAYY out from my home.  it was crazy man

--------------------

OfflineZigmat
Far Out

#10139453 - 04/09/09 09:32 PM (15 years, 10 days ago)

So there is a chance this was a *REALLY LONG* thought loop? Makes sense now that I've read up a bit on them, since he constantly got stuck with phrases, like insisting we went back or insisting we went down to the river. We tried several times to break him off of his trance with no success.

Would the thought loop also explain the fact that he kept doing random stuff like bathing himself in Coke-Cola and destroying random things?

--------------------

Offlinemockingbird
It Goes Round And Round

#10139510 - 04/09/09 09:41 PM (15 years, 10 days ago)

ive seen people throw things and doing acts such as that when they start feeling as though certain objects were projecting a negative karma. therefore the object is projecting that upon the person . i mean i dont think its quite ego-loss, correct me if im wrong but i dont think it was that.

--------------------

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

#10139522 - 04/09/09 09:44 PM (15 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

mockingbird said:
ive seen people throw things and doing acts such as that when they start feeling as though certain objects were projecting a negative karma. therefore the object is projecting that upon the person . i mean i dont think its quite ego-loss, correct me if im wrong but i dont think it was that.

lol i've thrown my ipod against the wall because it was upsetting me,

and i threw a water bottle because i couldnt get it open

:shrug:

the damn water bottle was pissing me off, everytime i reached for it it moved farther away :frown:

--------------------

koods said:

Life-long trip report

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: LSD question - how can this be explained? [Re: pfxtc]
    #10140774 - 04/10/09 04:39 AM (15 years, 9 days ago)

I don't think the lsd sensitivity varies as much as salvia sensitivity, but i does look like your looped friend had 5 to 10 times as much effect as the rest of you.
maybe extra on his blotter, (not all are equal, and sometimes you can get extra at the edge if you are lucky)

anyway amnesia is what you get after losing sense of body. when the layers of the trip, are too thickly piled up to process.
time has long since disappeared,
someone in this state of mind may still loop, but is mostly sleep walking.
looping is often associated with a slightly less intense layering,
but confused body sense and looping do go together a lot.
so his state could have been fluctuating into amnesia, sleepwalking and back to loopy discombobulation.

he may not have been in a bad psychological state prior, just too high dosed,
but a person who is in an emotional way could go like this with a regular dose,
emotion is like that.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlineneoclimber
InformationJunky
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago/Nashville
Re: LSD question - how can this be explained? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #10204777 - 04/20/09 11:33 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I have dosed LSD about 30-40 times and done my fair share of research on it and it's effects. What happened to your friend had less to do with the amount of acid and more to do with his grasp on reality and mental stability. If someone has a loose grasp on their mental state while sober, they often "go off the deep end" when tripping. Psychedelics are not for the faint of mind.

--------------------
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Raoul Duke

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown bottle in my shaving kit." - Dr. Gonzo

Hunter S. Thompson 1937-2005
Rest in peace brother.

OfflineLegalize
Metalhead
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: LSD question - how can this be explained? [Re: neoclimber]
    #10204877 - 04/20/09 11:55 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

LSD is a psychedelic and like mushrooms, they can really fuck with your mind at times. Everyone's biology is different, and nobody's mind is the same, so you can get a lot of different reactions out of people, both good and bad.

--------------------

Opiate free since 8/26/10 :thumbup:

Opiate free since 6/22/11 :thumbup: :sun: :thumbup:

Offlineretrospect
Re: LSD question - how can this be explained? [Re: Legalize]
    #10205265 - 04/21/09 01:55 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

it happens because people enter a certain mindstate on LSD.

possible to guide them out of the mindstate and bring back the euphoria etc

normally happens when people react with fear or confusion, and its more likely to happen when people do have existing mental disorders, because they might experience their disorder tripping.

but many people have mental illness tendencies/thought processes that don't effect their sober life.

Edited by retrospect (04/21/09 01:58 AM)

OfflineZigmat
Far Out

Re: LSD question - how can this be explained? [Re: retrospect]
    #10206176 - 04/21/09 09:58 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I believe you're right, retrospect. My friend is quite stable mentally, and i don't believe he has a preexisting condition. However, when he took the LSD, he had little to no idea of the effects. I'm guessing that once the trip was reaching full strength, he had no idea of what was going on, causing the aforementioned state on him.

At least that's my guess at the time.

--------------------

Offlinedrdee
Strange but not a Stranger

Loc: Midwest USA
    #10206240 - 04/21/09 10:22 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Hi Zigmat,
Trying to understand what was going on with your friend, from viewing the externals is impossible.  God only knows what was going on in his mind.  Reality does get obliterated.  Bathing in coca cola to him could have been something totally unique and interesting in his mind. 

I was unable to talk on my first trip.  I couldn't even get out of my chair.  I tried to eat an audio cassette because I thought it was food. Once I finally could talk, my words came out of my mouth visually like notes on a musical score.

So whether the dosage was correct or not...it was too much for him.  Glad he recovered.
Peace,
Dee

--------------------
I am no longer an active shroomery member

OfflinePsychopsylocibin
Paradigm Shift

Re: LSD question - how can this be explained? [Re: drdee]
    #10207265 - 04/21/09 01:39 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Every person reacts differently to every substance. If he went into the trip completely oblivious to what was about to happen to him, he probably thought he was losing his mind and may have been a bit paranoid. I lost my ability to talk once on a strong dose of mushrooms, that was a bit different though. I know my substances and their effects, it was just the way the trip happened. I say, if you're going to do it again, make sure you're somewhere he's comfortable and make sure he KNOWS the effects of LSD on the mind and body. Safe tripping man!  :mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

--------------------
"If God dropped acid, would he see people?" - Steven Wright

"I don't do drugs, I am drugs" - Salvador Dali  :mushroom2:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder