Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOphanim
The Molecule'sSpirit
Male

Re: Albums that can be described best as divine psychedelic journeys [Re: ManyAk]
    #10597058 - 06/30/09 10:29 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ManyAk said:
I want to say THANK YOU to whoever mentionned THE EMPYREAN from JOHN FRUSCIANTE in this thread.

That album is holy.

That was the first post, lol :smile: I love that album. I looked at more of his work, and was initially disappointed to find that he never makes any two albums of the same sound. But really, it's kind of cool regarding it as a unique gem in the sprawling musical realm.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHiei
8======><=====8
Male User Gallery

Re: Albums that can be described best as divine psychedelic journeys [Re: Ophanim]
    #10597195 - 06/30/09 11:05 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Did anybody mention Acid Mothers Temple here?

I strongly suggest this album too:

Fripp & Eno - The Equatorial Stars

it makes the most sober man on earth trip

(Yes he's Robert Fripp of King Crimson!) :tripping:

--------------------
◄►۞◄►

Edited by Hiei (06/30/09 11:12 AM)

OfflineManyAk
Not A Shitgiver
Male

Loc: Somewhere but not here
Re: Albums that can be described best as divine psychedelic journeys [Re: Ophanim]
    #10597872 - 06/30/09 01:30 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Ophanim said:
Quote:

ManyAk said:
I want to say THANK YOU to whoever mentionned THE EMPYREAN from JOHN FRUSCIANTE in this thread.

That album is holy.

That was the first post, lol :smile: I love that album. I looked at more of his work, and was initially disappointed to find that he never makes any two albums of the same sound. But really, it's kind of cool regarding it as a unique gem in the sprawling musical realm.

There's so much emotions going on in you when you listen to the album, it's crazy. I absolutely love it, recommended to everyone.

And once again, thank you!

--------------------
                                  we are all luminous beings
why then do we not appear before each other radiant in our illumination

OfflineOphanim
The Molecule'sSpirit
Male

Re: Albums that can be described best as divine psychedelic journeys [Re: Wingnutt]
    #10622234 - 07/04/09 07:39 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Wingnutt said:
Sound Tribe Sector 9 - I really can't believe no one had mentioned them yet.  A great place to start is their album "Artifact".
However, their live shows are where its at.  They have one of the best light shows in the scene.  Download some of their shows (and many others) for free at www.archive.org

I just listened to these blokes. GREAT recommendation. They're really incredible.

Offlinedecember333111
.e v o l v e.
 User Gallery

#11516577 - 11/24/09 03:00 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Ophanim said:
I'd love to hear some of your thoughts on this. I'm not talking about good individual songs or just any album that doesn't force you to skip tracks. I'm talking about albums that take your mind away for the entirety and leave you feeling floored by the end.

My feeling is that any album that can be an incredible psychedelic journey is something with enough emotional movement and depth to simply be an amazing album all around. Playing with the mind and giving the imagination a playground is truly the key to perfect art.

These ones qualify for me, hands down:
John Frusciante - The Empyrean
The Porcupine Tree - In Absentia
Mew - And The Glass Handed Kites
Boards of Canada - The Campfire Headphase

A few more come close, albums by Blonde Redhead, The Smashing Pumpkins, and Plaid, to name a few - but they just don't have the out of this world impact that the above list does.

So who's got some albums to add?

all of TOOL's albums are perfect for tripping. i'm wondering why nobody mentions 10,000 Days? omg, i can't even explain what  that album does when i'm on mushrooms. it's a guide to another dimension, but so much more. maybe you're too young, as 10,000 days is about 27 years, 4 and one half months. try it with a partner, when ur trippin, put on 10,000 Days and sit and gaze thru each others' eyes... like the lenses on the cd cover. the instructions are in the music! just listen.
Lateralus is a 7 part spectral meditation tool, a tool for self-realization, self-improvement, etc., etc. it helped get me off drugs. it energizes and rejuvenates and aligns the chakras.
and the videos... have you noticed that they are not the same each time u watch them? their art is a living entity that we are all consciously co-creating, and it is very much linked with the realm of psychedelics.

--------------------
Love and Light
.evolve.

Offlinebardleyrichard
My Keyboard Got Damaged
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ohio Flag
Re: Albums that can be described best as divine psychedelic journeys [Re: december333111]
    #11516874 - 11/24/09 05:38 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

december333111 said:all of TOOL's albums are perfect for tripping. i'm wondering why nobody mentions 10,000 Days? omg, i can't even explain what  that album does when i'm on mushrooms. it's a guide to another dimension, but so much more. maybe you're too young, as 10,000 days is about 27 years, 4 and one half months. try it with a partner, when ur trippin, put on 10,000 Days and sit and gaze thru each others' eyes... like the lenses on the cd cover. the instructions are in the music! just listen.
Lateralus is a 7 part spectral meditation tool, a tool for self-realization, self-improvement, etc., etc. it helped get me off drugs. it energizes and rejuvenates and aligns the chakras.
and the videos... have you noticed that they are not the same each time u watch them? their art is a living entity that we are all consciously co-creating, and it is very much linked with the realm of psychedelics.

Good bump!
:thumbup:
I like this thread.
I'd like to add:

Spacemen 3: Playing With Fire or Perfect Prescription

Both are incredible albums

--------------------
I find myself yearning for clouds returning, all that the rain promises, and more...

OfflineJerad
The truth is?
Male

Loc: Illinois, by STL
Re: Albums that can be described best as divine psychedelic journeys [Re: bardleyrichard]
    #11516944 - 11/24/09 06:37 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Wow, ive looked up a bunch of music I've never heard of from this thread so far and uuuuh... i definitely found some new tunes to listen to next time(s) i trip =P

also i might as well add sooo-

artist- Animal Collective
song(s)- My girls, reverend green, water curses, fireworks, summertime clothes, peacebone, ect.

this band i began to listen to when i first discovered psychedelics, and Ive listened to them ever since =P good band

Offlinebatheinthefountain
ॐ ॐ ॐ
Male

Loc: Germany
Re: Albums that can be described best as divine psychedelic journeys [Re: bardleyrichard]
    #11517013 - 11/24/09 07:16 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

bardleyrichard said:
Quote:

december333111 said:all of TOOL's albums are perfect for tripping. i'm wondering why nobody mentions 10,000 Days? omg, i can't even explain what  that album does when i'm on mushrooms. it's a guide to another dimension, but so much more. maybe you're too young, as 10,000 days is about 27 years, 4 and one half months. try it with a partner, when ur trippin, put on 10,000 Days and sit and gaze thru each others' eyes... like the lenses on the cd cover. the instructions are in the music! just listen.

Good bump!
:thumbup:
I like this thread.
I'd like to add:

Spacemen 3: Playing With Fire or Perfect Prescription

Both are incredible albums

OfflineForce Ten
Home Will Always Be Here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Elation Station Flag
Re: Albums that can be described best as divine psychedelic journeys [Re: batheinthefountain]
    #11517180 - 11/24/09 08:17 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

If no one has reccomended Lemon Jelly yet (not going to look) they're amazing. I highly reccomend the albums Lost Horizons and Lemonjelly.KY

Words can not accurately describe the beauty of these albums.

--------------------

So hear this please
And watch as your heart speeds up endlessly
And look for the stars as the sun goes down
Each breath that you take has a thunderous sound
Everything, everything's magic

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom