Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRoland123
Stranger

Room and materials, 1st timer, pls help me prepare
    #10204307 - 04/20/09 09:55 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Ok Shroomers, this is my first attempt at growing. I have dedicated a bathroom to be my grow site. I have drained and sterilized the toilet with bleach, 409 and ajax.  I will also be sealing the bowl and resevior so nothing can enter from the pipes. I have sealed the drain to the sink so nothing can come up from the pipes.  I have disabled and sealed the exhaust fan. I will be disinfecting the walls with bleach and 409. I will be covering the walls with sheet plastic to maintain the humid enviroment. I will be replacing the 4 small light bulbs in the overhead light fixture with CFLs. I have put weather stripping around the door to reduce airflow into the room. I will be using Ball mason jars inside plastic containers for cultivating then shotgun plastic containers for fruiting. I am using BRF, Vermiculite and Perlite for my cakes and to maintain humidity. I am planning on using damprid and a mini-fan (4") in another shotgun plastic container to dry them. I am also buying an air filter to keep contaminants out. Am I missing anything? Will the damprid be enough to fully dry them and should they be in a sealed or shotgun box for best results?  How long should the CFLs be on per day? Should the CFLs be on during both the cultivating AND fruiting processes?Is the air filter necessary? Thank you all for any advice you can offer.

Edited by Roland123 (04/20/09 10:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoland123
Stranger

Re: Room and materials, 1st timer, pls help me prepare [Re: Roland123]
    #10204574 - 04/20/09 10:55 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I see a lot of people are viewing this post. Help me out here guys. Any feedback will help. I have no one else to talk to about how to get this going.

Invisiblefreespeech
disciple
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #10204658 - 04/20/09 11:13 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Roland123 said:
I see a lot of people are viewing this post. Help me out here guys. Any feedback will help. I have no one else to talk to about how to get this going.

People say not to use a bathroom because there is almost certainly mold on and under everything in there. You won't be able to clean it short of taking the bathroom apart.

You don't use damprid with a shotgun terrarium. Fan dry until mostly dry and then finish with the damprid in an airtight container.

Quote:

Roland123 said:
I am using BRF, Vermiculite and Perlite for my cakes and to maintain humidity.

Vermiculite and perlite "for" your cakes? What do you mean by that? Don't put perlite in your cakes. Verm goes in your cakes. Perlite goes in the shotgun terrarium.

You should search and read more. All the answers are in the archives.

Good luck!

InvisiblePolk_Audio3
Moon Cricket
Male User Gallery

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: Room and materials, 1st timer, pls help me prepare [Re: freespeech]
    #10204666 - 04/20/09 11:15 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

www.mushroomvideos.com You have read or been told wrong or a law enforcement officer nah lol.

--------------------

OfflineRoland123
Stranger

Re: Room and materials, 1st timer, pls help me prepare [Re: Polk_Audio3]
    #10204695 - 04/20/09 11:21 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks freespeech. No I'm not putting perlite in the cake, brf and verm, with the perlite in the terrarium. I have nowhere else to dedicate to the cultivating besides the b-room, that's why I'm going nuts with the disinfectants and sealing. I'm no damn officer Polk. I have watched a lot of videos and read for hours, but I am going down the checklist and making sure I have everything. Please keep responding to this post, I really want to get this right.

Invisibledrainhaven
Awake
 User Gallery

Loc: SouthernMan
    #10204709 - 04/20/09 11:23 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

"I will also be sealing the bowl and resevior so nothing can enter from the pipes. I have sealed the drain to the sink so nothing can come up from the pipes.  I have disabled and sealed the exhaust fan."

:rofl2:

Gonna shit outside?? Good joke sir....

--------------------
"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience." -Anonymous

Spawning To Coir Tek
Blutjager's LC Tek

Edited by drainhaven (04/20/09 11:25 PM)

InvisiblePolk_Audio3
Moon Cricket
Male User Gallery

Loc: Amsterdam
    #10204714 - 04/20/09 11:25 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I know Roland I was pulling you pinky toe! lol like freespeech said the bathroom is not a good place. Do you have a glove box? What about FAE? What size jars?

--------------------

OfflineRoland123
Stranger

Re: Room and materials, 1st timer, pls help me prepare [Re: drainhaven]
    #10204774 - 04/20/09 11:32 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

It's a 2 story townhouse with 2 and a half bathrooms you tool. What does it take to get help around here. I'm a personal trainer who moonlites as a bouncer at a nightclub. I got a long history of getting loaded and an expunged rap-sheet from my early twenties. I have a fiancee and a dog named Bella. I drive an '87 Volvo. Anything else anyone wants to know before you'll help me? I'm not asking anyone to tell me where they eat,sleep,shit,fart, or fornicate. I'm just asking if I have everything I need to do this right. I really don't think giving advice on this shit is even grounds to prosecute OR investigate someone. If your some tweeked out paranoid idiot, please don't comment on my thread. ADVICE ONLY.

OfflineRoland123
Stranger

#10204803 - 04/20/09 11:37 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I can make glove boxes, but was hoping I wouldnt have to. 1/2 pint jars. I was hoping to use a couple boxes as I have ordered several strains. That is the reason I wanted to use the entire bathroom.

Offlinedeladude
king size

#10204865 - 04/20/09 11:50 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i usualy f'ing hate it when noobs get cocky!
but buddy i like you!
that was hilarious!

your going a little overboard with the toilet and plastic.
your bathroom sounds good and clean!

it sounds like you are trying for a nice large environment, so i'd say go easier and build a martha. the problem with having that much humidity in your bathroom is you'd be litteraly harvesting mold.

if you go out and buy a set of cheap plastic garage shelving, you can wrap that with plastic and throw a cool mist humidifier in it."but hurry as soon as summer comes they are a little harder to come by"

the air filter isn't needed, a food dehydrator imo is much quiker than damprid, however you can store them with damprid to make sure they stay cracker dry and don't mold. dont worry about heat from the dehydrator/ i have never had a problem with potency.

if you have any other questions i would be more than happy to help!

btw welcome to the shroomery man! people are usualy very helpful around here but once they get to jokin around it can get annoying.
but judging from your response YOUR GOING TO FIT IN GREAT!

--------------------
losers always talk about doing their best, winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

Invisibledrainhaven
Awake
 User Gallery

Re: Room and materials, 1st timer, pls help me prepare [Re: deladude]
    #10204898 - 04/21/09 12:01 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Tool eh?  I had it coming haha...

But lighten up,  youre on a psychedelic board already so enjoy yourself!! sheesh
When things are funny I laugh. But really read the description to a friend, stranger, or dog and see if they dont laugh out loud.

Also, pay extra attention to "trusted cultivators" and none to me.
You can search by topic and trusted cultivators-priceless. :hi:

--------------------
"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience." -Anonymous

Spawning To Coir Tek
Blutjager's LC Tek

OfflineRoland123
Stranger

#10204959 - 04/21/09 12:20 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Excellent. I'll get the shelving and the dehydrator. Thanks a lot deladude. I'm not mad at you drainhaven, I know that people joke on forums all the time. I'm no stranger to giving a newb a hard time. I didn't know I could search by specific members. I'm stoked about this forum and my upcoming attempt at cultivation. Thanks guys.

Offlineriosricky
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nor Cal ^
    #10205000 - 04/21/09 12:35 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

looks like your more prepared then I was my first time, lol, sounds like you know what you are talking about so good luck to ya.

--------------------

Offlineev0ldave
Stranger
 User Gallery

#10205115 - 04/21/09 01:08 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Roland123 said:
I can make glove boxes, but was hoping I wouldnt have to. 1/2 pint jars. I was hoping to use a couple boxes as I have ordered several strains. That is the reason I wanted to use the entire bathroom.

if you are doing 1/2 pint jars then there is no reason to seal off an entire bathroom, the point of the jars is for the sterility and optimal CO2 levels.  In a townhome, go monotub or just go to walmart and buy a couple of 10 gallon fish tanks ( $12/each ).  Once the jars are colonized you will not have to worry too much about contams.  My grow room consists of canvas painters covers for furniture mounted to ceiling and hangs to floor in garage to cut down on air movements while working.  Of course I dont have all the experience of a lot of these guys, but out of 6 different cake and monotub projects, no contams yet.  Just remember, there is such a thing as trying to be too clean.

Edited by ev0ldave (04/21/09 01:12 AM)

Invisiblevirus1824
Mr Mushroom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
    #10205815 - 04/21/09 08:15 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

moonlites as a bouncer at a nightclub

dont get enough income from the shit you take from people? so trying to grow some shrooms? or do you use all the drugs you take from people yourself?  :rail:

Also wondering if you want to grow shrooms because you cant bust people with shrooms on them? or just looking for some extra income and fun while your annoying the shit out of people.

Nice aggressive attitude 2, something that is apperently universal in your trade together with any sign of intelligence and manners. is it because of the steroids? questions.. questions..

--------------------
A weekend wasted is never a wasted weekend

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Room and materials, 1st timer, pls help me prepare [Re: virus1824]
    #10205851 - 04/21/09 08:29 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

come one people stop wasting forum space messing around. The guy is asking for some advice.

Bathrooms are generaly not the greatest place to use, since they are usually quite moist and tend to grow various different types of moulds. The toilette itself is very dirty as everytime its flushed it sprays fecial matter everywhere.

However, it seems like this bathroom isnt going to be used as a bathroom, is well cleaned. So i guess it will be fine. Keeping it nice and sanitised should make it a nice workspace.

You dont have to worry about using plastic sheeting over the walls and keeping the room humid. Thats what your fruiting chamber is for. Chances are that if you do humidify that room, your going to get condensation everywhere on the walls and thats what will allow moulds and bacteria to grow.

I seriously suggest building a glovebox for working with inoculations, making syringes prints etc - it doesnt cost much its just a big clear pastic container with 2 holes for your arms. Its damn neer impossible to keep a room free of contaminants without sealing it complelty off and heavily filtering the air. even then, you will be bringing some contaminants in and out. You are a big vector in contaminnation.

Get yourself some latex gloves. Your shedding dead skin cells all the time.Dont want that landing on your stuff. weiring freshly laundered cloathes is a good idea.

70% alcohol you will need, for cleaning your gloved hands and wiping jar lids before inoculation. You need something for flame sterilising your syringe needles. I suggest a lighter that has a wind proof flame. Those ones that have a blue flame work great. REgular lighters work ok but it takes so damn long to heat the needle up. I use a small blotorch and it heats the needle up in half a second and gets it white hot.

www.mushroomvideos.com

has some great videos showing the entire process.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineMasterCaster
Just Some Cool Dude
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: Room and materials, 1st timer, pls help me prepare [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10205973 - 04/21/09 09:04 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

you could put some bleach in the sink trap.  that way you could continue using it, just throw a bit down it each time you do use it.

Offlineelectrics
wave rider
Male User Gallery

Loc: In front of my Computer
Re: Room and materials, 1st timer, pls help me prepare [Re: MasterCaster]
    #10206033 - 04/21/09 09:24 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

You are doing better than me buddy..You got the right idea the fact that you can commit a whole room to this Hobey is great!! forget that it is a bathroom after everything yo have described doing it is now you're own professional lab. I have always gone with mono tubs myself in the past just because they are low maintenance and give great yields. It sounds to me having all that space and a shotgun terrarium is a waste..I guess get a feel for things first..Then play around. As long as you keep you're new Lab sterile you should have no problems...You read about other growers who try and get that third flush outta a mono before the trich sets in...so remember mold spores are everywhere....Good Luck.........>>*E

--------------------
"Listen now I'm talking I've been here for weeks, waiting in this growing crowd staring at my feet, The world around me is Turning I'm just standing still, The time has come for changes do something or I will" Phish

OfflineCamKron
Mychotic
 User Gallery

Re: Room and materials, 1st timer, pls help me prepare [Re: electrics]
    #10206050 - 04/21/09 09:29 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

dont use damprid as desiccant!
think of the planet, bake some epsom salts for an hour and use that instead (after the fanning, of course)...
things like damprid cause all sorts of ecological problems...
just tryin to keep things healthy :smile:

--------------------
:cool: :mushroom2: :cool: All Pics And Advice Is Just Google Research :cool: :mushroom2: :cool: :mushroom2:

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Room and materials, 1st timer, pls help me prepare [Re: electrics]
    #10206066 - 04/21/09 09:32 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I actually like this idea. Just having a dedicated space, even for growing pf cakes. Im sure you will progress to bigger things when you get a few pf grows under your belt.

Im going to be venture into a mono type grow soon on a small scale using this

its a minidub tub using 2 3 litre food tubs. The lid has the middle cut out so basicaly its just the part that attaches to the tub left and glued together so both tubs snap together.

Ive not when with polyfill holes but instead 1/4 inch holes along the substrate level.

Im going to be testing it soon with just crumbled cakes to see how it does to find out how many holes i can use before RH suffers. I want to get as much FAE in these while keeping rh high

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlinedeladude
king size

#10206362 - 04/21/09 10:48 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

virus1824 said:
Quote:

moonlites as a bouncer at a nightclub

dont get enough income from the shit you take from people? so trying to grow some shrooms? or do you use all the drugs you take from people yourself?  :rail:

Also wondering if you want to grow shrooms because you cant bust people with shrooms on them? or just looking for some extra income and fun while your annoying the shit out of people.

Nice aggressive attitude 2, something that is apperently universal in your trade together with any sign of intelligence and manners. is it because of the steroids? questions.. questions..

whats wrong virus? cant get into the clubs? get a life!

--------------------
losers always talk about doing their best, winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

OfflineRoland123
Stranger

#10209299 - 04/21/09 06:42 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks Camkron, I'll be buying a dehydrator, and thank you Veda, I'll be looking into monotubes if I run into any problems with this initial trial.

Offlinefishy
Stranger

#10209380 - 04/21/09 06:53 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

the best teacher is experience.

the whole plan sounds a bit overboard to me, a whole room is nice if you plan on sticking with growing but for the first time it seems a bit much.

Also, I don't like the idea of using the bathroom either. Bleaching the walls and floor isn't going to make any room contaminant free.

--------------------
*Looking for any edibles, PM me if you're feeling generous today!*

:mushroom2:Do what you know is right...:mushroom2:

OfflineRoland123
Stranger

#10209427 - 04/21/09 07:01 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Wow. What can I say, Virus, your the biggest problem I have found on forums like this. Any retard can go spouting off whatever nonsense he thinks is funny. I was only aggressive in response to another idiot who was abusing the forum. I'm a registered guard and head of security at the nightclub at which my fiancee is the general manager. I took the position because she was having problems with her staff. If you are the type of goddamned retard that is somehow able to get himself caught in the middle of a nightclub with illicit drugs then I think they should not only be taken because you are most likely dumb enough to hurt yourself, but you should also be sterilized because with an IQ that low you really shouldn't breed. As for the ignorance I hold a BS in kinesiology, as well as a several accredidations from nationally recogniized institutions including a C.S.C.S, C.P.T., and a C.N.C.. (certified strength and conditioning specialist, certified personal trainer, certified nutritional consultant)I come on forums to use them properly by giving and seeking advice. You on the other hand obviously have so little going on in your life that you have the time to waste sitting at your parents house bothering other people who are worth a damn. Do us all a favor and log off this site and back onto World of Warcraft where you have some other retards with whom to talk internet trash. Also, a little advice about guards and bouncers. Neither of these positions is LEGALLY able to search your person unless they have reason to believe you are carrying DEADLY WEAPONS, and only then can they search WITHOUT your consent. If you are detained in any way without the guard or bouncer alerting you that you are under a citizens arrest it is grounds to prosecute. ANY search other than for weapons or detention without arrest is ILLEGAL. Many people unknowingly consent to be searched and detained without knowing that they needn't do either.

OfflineRoland123
Stranger

#10209487 - 04/21/09 07:07 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the backup deladude. One of my biggest pet pieves is stupidity, which this punk Virus has far surpassed. It's more sad than anything. To think that one day he will have an equally stupid wife and they will be teaching their innocent children to be just as stupid......I fear for the fate of the world. I bet he wishes we could all just play video games, deliver pizza for a living, and get along.

Offlinefishy
Stranger

#10209554 - 04/21/09 07:15 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Roland123 said:
Thanks for the backup deladude. One of my biggest pet pieves is stupidity, which this punk Virus has far surpassed. It's more sad than anything. To think that one day he will have an equally stupid wife and they will be teaching their innocent children to be just as stupid......I fear for the fate of the world. I bet he wishes we could all just play video games, deliver pizza for a living, and get along.

dude you need to calm down.

he said bad things and so have you, there is no need for any of this on our forum.

--------------------
*Looking for any edibles, PM me if you're feeling generous today!*

:mushroom2:Do what you know is right...:mushroom2:

OfflineRoland123
Stranger

Re: Room and materials, 1st timer, pls help me prepare [Re: fishy]
    #10209701 - 04/21/09 07:35 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I'm calm bud. I came on here for advice, which I have gotten and I greatly appreciate. I hope to be successful with my endeavors and return to give advice in repayment. I have done this on many forums. The mediators should ban people like Virus who use the forum to stroke their own egos. It's unproductive and creates an enviroment of hostility which no one who is here with pure intentions will appreciate. I apologize to anyone who is offended by my responses to that knitwit, but I feel that sometimes they need to be put in their place.

Invisibledrainhaven
Awake
 User Gallery

#10209703 - 04/21/09 07:35 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I stand corrected then.

--------------------

Spawning To Coir Tek
Blutjager's LC Tek

Edited by drainhaven (04/21/09 08:00 PM)

Invisiblefreespeech
disciple
 User Gallery

#10209792 - 04/21/09 07:46 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Come on guys, nobody else cares about this flamewar. Take it private :yawn:

OfflineRoland123
Stranger

#10209843 - 04/21/09 07:54 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I'm actually only 5'6" drainhaven, not 6'4", and I don't smoke. You forget that I was also responding to Polk who accused me of being a police officer. If you had offered advice from the beginning rather than "having fun" this thread never would have become some pissing contest between someone who honestly just wanted to get some help and a bunch of guys making this forum a very hostile place. No one likes to be the new guy, ask for help, then get made fun of. You continue to do this by assuming I am a liar and that I do not have the credentials which I have worked my ass off to earn. I was simply trying to let Virus know that you can be a "bouncer" and be intelligent. I had appreciated your apology and even thanked you for the advice that you had given. You have decided to retread and "have fun" again at the expense of others. Am I the one with self esteem issues? Continue to harass the new guy and you will prove my point. I'm here for help, not to fight.

OfflineRoland123
Stranger

#10209856 - 04/21/09 07:55 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I wouldn't waste my time freespeech, I just came here for advice and got crapped on.

Invisiblefreespeech
disciple
 User Gallery

#10209863 - 04/21/09 07:56 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

:lockdance::lockdance::lockdance::lockdance::lockdance:

Invisiblevirus1824
Mr Mushroom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
    #10211772 - 04/22/09 01:54 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

no i have to dissapoint you. i dont play video games. i dont live at my parents,  and i never get bounced. because its either

A. im organizing the party (which is what i do)
B. Im decorating the party
C. Performing at the party (fire,  Bo staff or DJ)
D. all of the above

Quote:

but you should also be sterilized

You should have said castrate since im a guy and so are most here :wink:

The reason i flipped knowing you are a bouncer is because you people are the main aggitation for me. and the biggest loss of money and damage to the the image of my parties. The worst guests i always have, are the bouncers, which is funny because they should provide a safe enviroment and be a good host. but yea u get the certificate with a piece of butter in general.
In the summer its no problem since then i host the parties in the forest or on the beach, and i rather talk to cops which usually let me progress if i clean up my mess.

But doing such things as asking for money if people want to go outside and smoke. without my prior consent. engaging in guests randomly looking them in the eyes. You used drugs huh! tossing them out.
Randomly standing at the toilet, pulling people out accusing them of smoking and tossing them out. while they dont do anything but taking a whizz. guards snorting coke like theres no tomorrow. you get the idea.

But yea i overreacted. perhaps your a good guy, i tried reasoning with security but never got anymore than 2 word sentence from any of them. the best guard i had EVER was the one that didnt do anything or said anything. But yea i think everyone has a aggitation in his or her life. in my case its the French and bouncers.

--------------------
A weekend wasted is never a wasted weekend

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate