Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePeace_Patrol
Rambling hippie
Loc: Electric Neverending
Active Boletus spp.?
    #1019997 - 11/04/02 04:27 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Hellooooooo fungi-holics!
This last shroom season (here in NZ) I discovered the tasty morsel 'Bolets'. When I was reading in some shroom ID books so that I didn't poison myself, I noticed that there were several species of Boletus family that were listed as 'Poisonus' and also had a note saying 'Strong bluing reaction within moments of picking' or something along those lines, which was nearly identical to what they said for Ps. Cubensis and other psilocybes in the same books, which we all know are not infact poisonus but HALLUCINOGENIC goodies!
So, you can see why my curiosity was roused when I was just chillin over here at entheogen.com and I saw on the list of 'Possible and confirmed psychedelics' several members of the boletus species (including Boletus niggerimus - this one must bruise really black! Gotta love 'political corectness').
Does anyone know what's up with these? Do they contain Psilocybin / psilocin, or other hallucinogenic chemicals? And are they also poisonus for human consumption? Don't worry, I'm not intending on going out and munching on some blue-bruising boletes in a hurry (not that I even found any of these ones) but I am pretty interested as to why they are listed on the psychedelic list as well as having a bluing reaction!
Thanks everyone! I await interesting input eagerly, like a paedophile drooling at the school gate with a bag of candy in hand waiting for the 3 o clock bell. OK sorry I'm rambling again. Does anyone know about these boletes?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: Active Boletus spp.? [Re: Peace_Patrol]
    #1020112 - 11/04/02 06:29 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

The bluing compound in several boletes is xerocomic acid and is not active nor poisonous. Bluing reaction in boletes is not directly related to their edibility, some of bluing boletes are edible (but not very good).
No toxic substances have been found in boletes that are considered poisonous and they're probably just hard to digest and/or cause an allergic reaction.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Active Boletus spp.? [Re: zeronio]
    #1020150 - 11/04/02 07:20 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

>some of bluing boletes are edible (but not very good).

Xerocomus badius is an example of a tasty bluing boletoide .

OfflinePeace_Patrol
Rambling hippie
Loc: Electric Neverending
Re: Active Boletus spp.? [Re: zeronio]
    #1027100 - 11/06/02 06:30 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

So, are the ones listed at the link above hallucinogenic? I find this interesting as people only really talk about Psilocybe / Panaleous / Amanita, there has got to be some other crazy shrooms out there! ('Magic' ones I mean)

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: Active Boletus spp.? [Re: Peace_Patrol]
    #1027474 - 11/06/02 11:08 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

That list is probably not very accurate - we know that Paneolina foenisecii is not active.

But - yes - there has got to be some other crazy shrooms out there. There are thousands of unknown species. Read this article - http://www.entheogen.com/boletusm.html.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology