Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehomebaked
Social Scientist

Loc: Queensland, Australia
Live 5 minute walk from a horse track & stables.
    #10194068 - 04/19/09 08:30 AM (15 years, 1 day ago)

Apparently this is a haven for finding fantastic fungi?

In the colder parts of Australia, people are saying mushroom season is iminent. I live in quite a warm part, but it has been quite cool the last couple of weeks. Would it be worth waiting for the next spot of rain, then going out the next few days after at night and looking amongst manure?

There are walking paths everywhere, where the trainers excersise their horses, so should I just look at the grass where horses go, or in physical manure?

All you Aussies out there could maybe help me with climate too. I'm on the Gold Coast, SE QLD.

Cheers!

--------------------

'Are the black bits in bananas, tarantula's eggs?' Vince Noir

'This acid is like felix felias' High friend

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
Re: Live 5 minute walk from a horse track & stables. [Re: homebaked]
    #10194082 - 04/19/09 08:37 AM (15 years, 1 day ago)

Where you live you want warm climate, because you will be looking for tropical fungi, not the ones that grow in moderate climate. Panaeolus cyanescens and Psilocybe cubensis is what you should be looking for growing in and around cow patties and horse poo.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Offlinehomebaked
Social Scientist

Re: Live 5 minute walk from a horse track & stables. [Re: German Kahuna]
    #10194105 - 04/19/09 08:47 AM (15 years, 1 day ago)

Ok sweet. So warm/humid, and after rain? Or is the humidity enough to make them sprout on their own?

--------------------

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
    #10194150 - 04/19/09 09:08 AM (15 years, 1 day ago)

Warm/humid and after a rain is ideal.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Offlinehomebaked
Social Scientist

Re: Live 5 minute walk from a horse track & stables. [Re: German Kahuna]
    #10194204 - 04/19/09 09:24 AM (15 years, 1 day ago)

Excellent. Thank you so much for your help!

--------------------

Offlinetiptop
Stranger

#10195507 - 04/19/09 02:00 PM (15 years, 21 hours ago)

Just left Cent FL, My house basically was a horsefarm. If you had a dream about an area of endless poop, it was my backyard. I found virtually no mushroom activity in the poop of any importance. But I did find activity period, which leads me to believe it wasn't anything to do with feed. The time of year was great for a couple weeks there, days peaking 85 degrees, with very humid nights and misty mornings, had a few nice downfalls of rain.

I did find a couple fungi growing from our horse manure, But I literally setup piles of the stuff and watered it before night fall. It was never successful. However our garden was producing quite a bit of fungi action. It was quite plentiful with pan. cinc, however the ones I found, resmbled pan cinc so closely, I even found pics that were IDENTICAL in habitat , spore print, look , size,    But I found 3 characteristics that just screamed FOE.  After ingesting nearly 35 dried specimens, I have concluded these are quite edible for dinner side or whatever you prefer, I enjoyed plucking freshies as I was cleaning the garden of weeds.  They had a pleasant taste and it was an enjoyable experience to eat some un-planted (by us) mushrooms.

I literally had ZERO side effects, At all, From eating those dried specimens. So they do prove to be a decent little edible garden mushroom.

However, don't get me wrong. Despite my bad experience, or luck with horse manure, I have heard many times that it's very common in Australia, and I also heard there are some very potents around.

--------------------

:psychsplit:  :slomo:  :dizope: :dizope:  :slomo: :psychsplit:  ah  HAH,  Victory Joint!  :jointsmile:

Edited by tiptop (04/19/09 02:03 PM)

Offlinehomebaked
Social Scientist

Re: Live 5 minute walk from a horse track & stables. [Re: tiptop]
    #10195551 - 04/19/09 02:05 PM (15 years, 21 hours ago)

Thanks for your informative post! I sure hope you're right about Aus.... Temperature should allow growth in a couple of weeks....

Fingers crossed.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates