Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleStickyTasticBud
stickybudz
 User Gallery

Poll: Does the shroomery community need more Poly bag vendors?
    #10195417 - 04/19/09 03:43 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Hello all,

On my quest for my oyster grow, I had a lot of trouble hunting down poly bags. There are not many options currently. The options are to order bulk poly tubing, either a 1075 ft roll or to buy smaller rolls from other vendors. Or try to track down poly bags, but most are too short. So I was thinking if there is an interest, I can help provide sensible quantities of poly bags for the mushroom crowd.

12" x 36" 4 mil poly bags

Would there be interest in a vendor who could supply small amounts, 0-50 poly bags, as needed? The size is perfect for substrate logs for oyster grows, etc. They are sealed at the bottom for easy filling and can easily be tied off at the top.

So anyway, I thought I would put up a poll. If there is enough interest, I might look into offering this to the community here. It has just been a lot of pain hunting down the appropriate bags and since most vendors don't actually sell poly bags for substrate logs, just tubing or autoclavable bags for spawn, which are not really appropriate to grow oyster logs and column oysters.
Would you be interested in buying individual poly bags (in amounts of 0-50) perfect for subrstrate logs?
You may choose only one
Yes
No
I often need a supplier for poly bags or poly tubing but have trouble finding one
You may choose only one
True
False

Votes accepted from (04/19/09 03:40 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll | Filter by response

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleStickyTasticBud
stickybudz
 User Gallery

Re: Poll: Does the shroomery community need more Poly bag vendors? [Re: StickyTasticBud]
    #10197621 - 04/19/09 09:39 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the one answer so far. Lets keep em coming.

Please write a post if you are one of the people who does need them.  It would be extremely helpful.

Also, let me know what you expect you would typically need and any comments/questions you might have about the bags. If there is enough interest I may pursue being a small vendor.

OfflineAngus
Trailer Park Supervisor
Male User Gallery

Re: Poll: Does the shroomery community need more Poly bag vendors? [Re: StickyTasticBud]
    #10203710 - 04/20/09 10:08 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I was actually thinking about posting today to ask who had the cheapest bags.  Most people probably want them with filter patches and maybe injection sites already put in them, but I don't mind cutting a piece of tyvek.  I'd like to buy a length of the tubing to try.

InvisibleStickyTasticBud
stickybudz
 User Gallery

Re: Poll: Does the shroomery community need more Poly bag vendors? [Re: Angus]
    #10223764 - 04/24/09 02:15 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the replies so far. I will keep this going until the end of the month at least. So far, it seems as though there is some interest.

Angus, I would not be selling the types of bags you described. These will only be plain poly bags and possibly plain tubing. These bags will be intended for log growing. I believe the types of bags you are describing are used as spawn bags. It is safe to assume though, that the bags could have multiple uses for this community.

Any additional comments are welcome. I will try to take a picture of the bags soon.

InvisibleStickyTasticBud
stickybudz
 User Gallery

#10224830 - 04/24/09 09:29 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I thought about this some more. You could use these for spawn bags I suppose. They will not be gusseted though or as thin as most spawn bags.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
    #10225048 - 04/24/09 10:46 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

before you get too carried away with this venture...

you need to talk to geokills and see what the requirements are to become a Shroomery Vendor.

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineRogerRabbitV
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: upstate NY, USA
Re: Poll: Does the shroomery community need more Poly bag vendors? [Re: Roadkill]
    #10225697 - 04/24/09 01:44 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Just as a suggestion, you might make a few and send them to existing vendors to add to their product line.  There might even be an interest in the poly tubing cut to various lengths, but not sealed at either end.  I haven't checked to see if the other vendors offer such a thing now or not.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineCryogenicz
what?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Poll: Does the shroomery community need more Poly bag vendors? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #10227214 - 04/24/09 06:18 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I actually have this material and I also have a supplier for them. Why I haven't already added this to my product list, I don't know why?:confused:

-Graham

--------------------
www.MycoPath.com
Mushroom Spawn, Cultures, Fungi Bags, Casings, Master Grain Jars, Bags for In-vitro, Laboratory supplies, and much more!
Mushroom Supplies. Fast Turnaround Times. Great Service.
orders@mycopath.com
enter code shroomery for 10% off product.

www.FungiForum.com

OfflineSOUTHERN
NAIL DRIVER
 User Gallery

Loc: south
Re: Poll: Does the shroomery community need more Poly bag vendors? [Re: Cryogenicz]
    #10228256 - 04/24/09 09:31 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I saw a post the other day and someone said that they got ice bags from stores or ice houses.. and they seemed to be pretty cheap and everyone gotta know somewhere they bag there own ice. i use newspaper bags, now but i am getting some ice bags soon. News paper bags r  alitle small for me to push straw and newspaper down in them but they work for me.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds