Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHellRide420
Stranger

Martha Set Up - What type of humidifier? Jars?
    #10184037 - 04/17/09 11:25 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

4 x Martha closets (32x 64qt containers) what humidifier would you suggest? There are a few that AFOAF is looking at Wal-Mart, most are about $60 the other is $150. The more expensive one is an ultrasonic with cool mist feature. See here: http://walmart.ca/search/main?cmd=search&lang=

Wondering what humidifer the FOAF should purchase and if he only needs one for the 4 closets (32 containers)?

Also how many 8oz jars are needed to fill a single container and how much horse manure/coir should be mixed together in the container?

Thanks

--------------------
A girl on my MSN is a really hot chick. She seduces me a lot. We will meet in 6 months for sex. Her f*ck buddy is computer illiterate. She sells her p*ssy to me if I research stuff for him. He lives in the British Virgin Islands

Therefore, as a real man I must keep my mushroom wet, it gets too light when it dries up. So, I will ask a lot of questions. Just think...every time one of you helps me I get that much more closer to her p*ssy.

I also post in first person because it's a lot easier than saying the sexual partner of a girl I have on MSN is wondering...every single post!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFunkadelicFlash
Ascension-Bound
Male

Re: Martha Set Up - What type of humidifier? Jars? [Re: HellRide420]
    #10184076 - 04/17/09 11:32 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I might just be talking out of my ass because I'm not a mass grower of mushrooms, but that seems pretty ambitious if you don't even know the proper amount or ratio of materials needed in your tubs. I guess shoot for the stars, though, eh? haha Best of luck.

--------------------
I embrace my desire to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human.

OfflineHellRide420
Stranger

Re: Martha Set Up - What type of humidifier? Jars? [Re: FunkadelicFlash]
    #10184103 - 04/17/09 11:37 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I suppose my FOAF is rather ambitious. He has some experience with smaller grows and probably has a good idea on the needed amount but wants to make sure when he purchases the jars he purchases enough and gets the right combo. He's a little stubborn with basic math :grin: From what I understand he hasn't found an in depth Martha tek yet.

--------------------
A girl on my MSN is a really hot chick. She seduces me a lot. We will meet in 6 months for sex. Her f*ck buddy is computer illiterate. She sells her p*ssy to me if I research stuff for him. He lives in the British Virgin Islands

Therefore, as a real man I must keep my mushroom wet, it gets too light when it dries up. So, I will ask a lot of questions. Just think...every time one of you helps me I get that much more closer to her p*ssy.

I also post in first person because it's a lot easier than saying the sexual partner of a girl I have on MSN is wondering...every single post!

OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
    #10184213 - 04/17/09 12:00 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I use cheap impeller type units that I get a thrift stores. One per unit.

see link in my sig.

OfflineHellRide420
Stranger

#10184411 - 04/17/09 12:34 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

The thrift stores here have almost nothing at all. One thread I looked at the guy had a double wide martha setup with just one humidifier, the FOAF will really need 4 to cover 32 containers (assuming he uses the $60 or $150 model at walmart)?

--------------------

Edited by HellRide420 (04/17/09 12:34 PM)

OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

#10184467 - 04/17/09 12:46 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

As I said, I run one per martha and 16 sink/dish washing containers in each martha. I have changed to using 12 kitty litter boxes per unit but the same concept. It works fine.

The best humidifier setup I saw was a home made humidifier that was a 55gal drum, a pond fogger unit, and a 150cfm fan to push the air through the unit into tubing to the marthas. I think they had it running 6 or 7 marthas.

You only need 85% to 90% humidity and most humidifiers do not have a problem keeping a martha well above that point.

Now, you can use one humidifier to humidify two marthas, but your humidity will fluctuate with the number of casings you have in the unit. If you have 1 full and 1 empty you will have a problem keeping the humidity up in both of them. If you can find a valve to allow you to switch the output when one was empty it should work.

OfflineHellRide420
Stranger

#10184560 - 04/17/09 01:05 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

What's the size of the dishes and what's your yield (guesstimate) per martha? The pics I was looking at in other threads had two per shelf, except for the double marthas.

--------------------

OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

#10184592 - 04/17/09 01:12 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

These are stock dish pans from Walmart

I dont know the size. The kitty litter pans fit 3 to a shelf but I tend to turn them long ways which gets 2 to a shelf.

The number of containers has less to do with the output than the amount of substrate.  I try to keep my substrate at 2" to 3" thick with a 1/2" casing layer of coco core.

OfflineHellRide420
Stranger

#10184614 - 04/17/09 01:16 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

What's your weight of substrate/casing total and yield? From what I've seen in other pics people had their containers colonizing the mycelium, so are jars still necessary (I assume so) and if so when can they spawn to the martha setup?

Where do you suggest going to purchase the shelf unit at? Home Depot?

--------------------

OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

#10184691 - 04/17/09 01:30 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

HellRode420,

I start with 40lb bags of bird seed as the SPAWN.

Substrate is coco coir, vermaculite, and cow poo mixed to my standard.

Read the links in my signature they should help some and the shelves are from Lowes in the closet organization section with chains to hold them in place. Read the Martha Faq for more into.

You need to learn the basics of WBS and spawning.

Edited by Cyber (04/17/09 01:33 PM)

OfflineHellRide420
Stranger

#10184930 - 04/17/09 02:03 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Where can I get cow poo at? I thought hpoo was better though? Can't the WBS just be done with mason jars anyways?

--------------------

OfflineHellRide420
Stranger

#10188435 - 04/18/09 06:32 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

My FOAF picked up a Vicks V420 cool mist humidifier. Does anyone know how to go about plugging it into the Martha, maybe a tek on it? He's not the best guy with his hands and usually messes stuff up without a bit of a guideline. I saw your tek Cyber but he showed me the humidifier and there is no hole like the one you have.

Does the humidifier really have to be set up directly in the Martha though? It can't go in the middle of the room? It's already pretty humid (will know the humidity later tonight) and I think it's just a bit "extra" to use 1 per martha. They are only $35 each at WalMart though, and like $20 online + shipping so it's not that painful since he was willing to buy the $150 one and a $50 backup.

Also he said there was no cow poo at WalMart when he looked. Do you think Canadian Tire would have it and is their garden section even open yet?

--------------------

Edited by HellRide420 (04/18/09 06:33 AM)

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #10188621 - 04/18/09 08:27 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

You only need 85% to 90% humidity and most humidifiers do not have a problem keeping a martha well above that point.

thats not right. you want mid to upper 90's. You may get away with it when using a casing layer, but best performance is still achieved at high humidity.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineHellRide420
Stranger

Re: Martha Set Up - What type of humidifier? Jars? [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10188663 - 04/18/09 08:47 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

From the reading I've done for my FOAF most of the time people say the closer to 100 the better but there are a lot of people satisfied with having 91-93%

So for this Vicks cool mist he picked up it doesn't have a pipe connection I don't think. It's this model: http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/kazteststore2_1955_1915453

How should he go about installing it to the martha?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder