Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMrJoeMonkey
MrJoeMonkey
Loc: USA
In a Rush
    #1018377 - 11/03/02 02:34 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hey
OK, I am new to this forum, and I have never grown shrooms before. KNowing that, the reason I am visiting the forum is I am a little paranoid freak, and I want to know if I did things wrong, or if there is still a possibility that my shrooms may still grow. HEre is my situation:
I started on the PF-TEK method yesterday (saturday), using the B+ strain purchased from sporeworks. I used my "Home-made" brown rice flour, and store-bought vermiculite as well as spring water from convenience store. As far as I know, I did everything right up until the innoculation. I was in a rush, so after sterilizing my 5 jars in a steaming pot for about an hour and a half, I let them out to cool for about a half hour. Since I was in a rush... I threw them in a freezer (that was pretty clean and empty) still fully covered. I took them out when they were mildly cold on the outside and began innoculating. After I finished innoculating the jars and started putting them into their home for the next two weeks or so, I noticed the outside of the jars were slightly warmer than room-temp. My question is this: Would this be a VERY bad thing, or would the spores possibly or probably survive this. I have read that the B+ strain will tolerate a wide range of temperature, and that spores can take extreme temperatures, but I don't know if that last statement is correct. Any information anybody can give would be great.
Thank you,
-MrJoeMonkey

--------------------
"He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom" - Anton Szandor LaVey

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
Re: In a Rush [Re: MrJoeMonkey]
    #1018387 - 11/03/02 02:41 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

If it's over 106 degrees just wait. Also I thought that putting hot jars in the freezer would have shattered your jars. As for the other questions read the faq, the link is at the top of the page.

Edited by daussaulit (11/03/02 02:41 PM)

OfflineMrJoeMonkey
MrJoeMonkey
Re: In a Rush [Re: daussaulit]
    #1018405 - 11/03/02 02:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I did read the FAQ, and no my jars didn't shatter. I only looked for forums on shroom growing today after yesterday (my start date) and wanted to see if these jars were junk now and if I should start over.

--------------------
"He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom" - Anton Szandor LaVey

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

#1018414 - 11/03/02 02:49 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

if it's sterilized properly your fine, they can last a few months. As for the temperature of the jars, if it's less than 90 degrees inject it already.

OfflineMrJoeMonkey
MrJoeMonkey
Re: In a Rush [Re: daussaulit]
    #1018421 - 11/03/02 02:52 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I injected it about 2 minutes after removal from freezer, will spores still produce mycealium? Or should I ditch these jars and start process over?

--------------------

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

#1018426 - 11/03/02 02:54 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

give us an update in 7 days

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: MrJoeMonkey]
    #1018429 - 11/03/02 02:55 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

OfflineMrJoeMonkey
MrJoeMonkey
Re: In a Rush [Re: ]
    #1018436 - 11/03/02 02:57 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

THank you. I think I will re-innoculate one of the jars (I don't want to waste spore solution), and I'll let you guys know

--------------------

OfflineMrJoeMonkey
MrJoeMonkey
    #1041035 - 11/10/02 03:32 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

OK... here's my update after 7 days. I re-innoculated one of the 5 jars, and it's been 7 days since that re-innoculation. The strain is once again B+, and I don't see any signs of Mycelium. Method is PF-TEK, so I think it should have happened by now, so I guess I should junk these? ANy help would be great.

--------------------

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #1041065 - 11/10/02 03:50 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Are they in an incubator? I've waited longer than seven days. I'd say leave those and make another batch, and don't be in a rush this time around.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Offlineswangthestang
Stranger
Re: In a Rush [Re: Skikid16]
    #1041074 - 11/10/02 03:58 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

what I have found is not to check them and let them stay in complete darkness for as long as possible, when my jars were colonizing, the more days I would leave them in the dark they faster the shit would grow.

OfflineMrJoeMonkey
MrJoeMonkey
Re: In a Rush [Re: Skikid16]
    #1041088 - 11/10/02 04:02 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

NO incubator. just dark closet at about room temp.

--------------------

OfflineDrummer
CelestialMechanic
Male

Loc: SE Michigan
    #1042313 - 11/11/02 03:00 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

In reply to:

NO incubator. just dark closet at about room temp.

Expect colonization times to be slower when they are incubating at room temp, unless your room is somewhere between 80-87 degrees.

--------------------
People don't want other people to get high, because if you get high, you might see the falsity of the fabric of the society we live in.

-Ken Kesey

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation