Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: The Right Wing is an Official Terrorist Threat According to DHS [Re: Mastamike1118]
    #10171381 - 04/15/09 12:52 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

i dont understand how any drug user can be for the right wing when all they have done is drop taxes for the fuckin rich ass and started the whole war on drugs in the first place.... lol wtf is wrong with u guys!!!!!

The problem is that democrats are almost as bad when it comes to the war on drugs.  Worse sometimes, look at the number of pot smokers that got locked up under Clinton. 

Republicans want to punish drug users by sending them to prison, democrats want to help drug users by sending them to prison.  Which is worse?

Remember that leaving people alone, free from unnecessary interference of government is more of a republican position than a democrat position. 

The problem is that 90% of the republicans in office aren't real republicans, they are just there because they think thats the way to get ahead.  Often they are right.

I told my girlfriend that I was more of a republican than a democrat and she almost dumped me on the spot.  I never was able to successfully explain to her why republicans are actually preferable to democrats if you remove the neocons from the equation.  She hears the word republican and thinks of bush/reagan/cheeny, and anything I say after that falls on dead ears.  Of course the presence of neocons means that on average democrats are currently the lesser evil, but not much lesser.

That doesn't matter though, its always important to vote for the right person based on issues, no matter what party affiliation they have.  Remember that the most anti-drug-war member of congress is a republican.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMastamike1118
Male

Re: The Right Wing is an Official Terrorist Threat According to DHS [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #10171552 - 04/15/09 01:14 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

which side will we if ever see legalization under?

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: The Right Wing is an Official Terrorist Threat According to DHS [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #10171571 - 04/15/09 01:17 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:

Republicans want to punish drug users by sending them to prison, democrats want to help drug users by sending them to prison. 

Which is worse?

:yesnod:

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: The Right Wing is an Official Terrorist Threat According to DHS [Re: Mastamike1118]
    #10171831 - 04/15/09 02:04 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

which side will we if ever see legalization under?

In my opinion its equally likely to come from either side. 

Its important to join MPP, MAPS and DPA and do as much activism as you can, but at the end of the day if you aren't having fun with your activism you are probably wasting your time.

Fighting the drug war is a lot of fun though, and there are a lot of cool people at drug reform conferences.

OfflineTGRR
Horrible Bastard

Re: The Right Wing is an Official Terrorist Threat According to DHS [Re: KidgardFromSRQ]
    #10173313 - 04/15/09 06:33 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

KidgardFromSRQ said:
Quote:

TGRR said:
Quote:

KidgardFromSRQ said:
You'll eat your words.

I doubt it.  I'm a misanthrope.  I'm kinda looking forward to all of this shit.  After all, the American public DEMANDED it, and who am I to get in the way of self-determination?

Haha!  You fucking primates!  You wanted secret police, you GOT secret police.

What makes you so sure I wanted this?  I didn't cheer Bush. Hell, I couldn't even vote in the 04' elections. You don't realize what a vital threat this is to you. Your freedom of speech is on the line. But, that's really what this government wants. They want people like you who don't care. People who will sit on their pessimistic views and not care what happens as long as they can get drunk on the weekends and watch T.V. Come time they take your rights away as a human, since you are a human, will you care? Would you mind when Obama forces you to do "voluntary community service?" I mean, he did try and pass that in Congress, however it was not covered in the media until the mandatory aspect of it was removed - and even then it was skimmed over, despite it initially violating our constitutional rights.

So, I ask you, misanthrope homo sapien, what will you do when they come for you?

1.  My freedom of speech stopped existing as a right (as opposed to a privilege) once asswipes like Clinton and Bush instituted "free speech zones" and got away with it.

2.  The mandatory aspect is back.  Google HR1444.

3.  Depends how smart they are about it.  If they bushwhack me at the grocery store, probably nothing, as it will happen too fast to do anything about it.  However, as it is the US government and thus incompetent by definition, they'll probably screw it up and I'll make some good 6 o'clock news footage.

Frankly, I stopped caring about this when I realized that both parties are the same damn thing, and I've been giggling my ass off at the so-called "conservatives" that put up with this shit for 8 years, and suddenly NOW have a problem with it.

I gotta be me.

--------------------
What can we do to help you stop screaming?

Official Mr Shoebat lackey.

OfflineTGRR
Horrible Bastard

#10173322 - 04/15/09 06:34 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Quote:

Po-lice?  I didn't order any police.

Sure you did.

Complacency is just as bad as active participation.

--------------------

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: The Right Wing is an Official Terrorist Threat According to DHS [Re: TGRR]
    #10177428 - 04/16/09 11:56 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TGRR said:
Quote:

KidgardFromSRQ said:
You'll eat your words.

I doubt it.  I'm a misanthrope.  I'm kinda looking forward to all of this shit.  After all, the American public DEMANDED it, and who am I to get in the way of self-determination?

i pity you...you'll never know love.

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

OfflineTGRR
Horrible Bastard

Re: The Right Wing is an Official Terrorist Threat According to DHS [Re: Syle]
    #10179644 - 04/16/09 06:17 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Syle said:
Quote:

TGRR said:
Quote:

KidgardFromSRQ said:
You'll eat your words.

i pity you...you'll never know love.

My hate keeps me warm at night.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order