Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: How To Stop a Bad Trip:benzodiazepine V.S. anti psychotic [Re: DNBplus]
    #10182109 - 04/17/09 12:29 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

It's best to let a 'bad' trip run it's course. Deep breathing, relaxation and good music helps.

If someone becomes violent it's best to bring them down with 300mg of B3 aka Niacinamide aka Nicotinamide aka Nicotinic Acid Amide.
That's 5-10 times the RDA. B3 is best taken as part of a B complex.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

Re: How To Stop a Bad Trip:benzodiazepine V.S. anti psychotic [Re: Middleman]
    #10182965 - 04/17/09 05:02 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

It is possible to relax a violent person with words though, Stan Grof only ever had to give 2 people valium. He was very against the idea as it can cause mild to heavy PTSD etc.

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

Re: How To Stop a Bad Trip:benzodiazepine V.S. anti psychotic [Re: LedHead]
    #10183027 - 04/17/09 05:48 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I completely agree.RIDE IT OUT.But when it is no longer mental and you start to have physically signs of a panic attack then I say do what you have to do to relax.The only reason I am asking these questions is like I said befor I feel as if my tripping days are coming to a end due to my anxiety disorder and I am looking for anyway to prevent that.And if I cannot prevent it then I guess I have to except the harsh reality that I can no longer trip :frown:

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

#10183054 - 04/17/09 06:00 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Buy Stanislav Grof "LSD Psychotherapy" that ought to renew your interest in a different way. I have had physical signs but it is all from mental material, it's up to you to deal with it on the trip. This will make your trip sometime amazing sometimes crap but always you will come out with massive benefits to your general wellbeing.

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

#10183110 - 04/17/09 06:28 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I hate to say it, but if you have at least 2 or 3 bad trips in a row its time to quit psychedelics for a while. Thats not a good sign

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

Re: How To Stop a Bad Trip:benzodiazepine V.S. anti psychotic [Re: Almond Flour]
    #10183149 - 04/17/09 06:50 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

IMO bad trips mean that you are surfacing more of your unconscious fears, this is good because it means you can deal with them rather than having them unconsciously affect your entire life. It is neccessary not to ignore them.

--------------------

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: How To Stop a Bad Trip:benzodiazepine V.S. anti psychotic [Re: Grapefruit]
    #10183176 - 04/17/09 07:06 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I think all trips involve terror as well as ecstasy. My worst experiences have always involved problems with setting rather than set.

Can't go wrong with Grof, make sure to check out Dr. Stan Grof - "The Holotropic Mind: The Three Levels of Human Consciousness and How They Shape Our Lives" if you haven't.

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

Re: How To Stop a Bad Trip:benzodiazepine V.S. anti psychotic [Re: Middleman]
    #10183260 - 04/17/09 07:50 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

thanks guys I will check those out.And Grapefruit one of the reason I trip is to face my problems and try to better myself and I have never had a problem with that up until the past 2 years(like I said 2 out of my 4 bad trips was due to panic attacks)my anxiety level has grown so much it is hard.

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

Re: How To Stop a Bad Trip:benzodiazepine V.S. anti psychotic [Re: Almond Flour]
    #10183263 - 04/17/09 07:51 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

my last bad trip(besides last fri)was 2 years ago but if it happens again I think you are right.

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

#10183271 - 04/17/09 07:54 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I have been thinking about it and naturally I am a anxious,and hyper active person.I said be for that the attacks started after I said to myself "WOW I'm tripping hard,COOL!"I am wondering if my excitement about tripping balls causes me to get anxious and maybe that sets it off,I dont know.

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

#10183483 - 04/17/09 09:08 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Check the books out it will give you a whole new understanding of tripping. There often strange reasons for why you are having a bad trip but usually these are distractions from the real problems of your unconconscious it is up to you to try and look for the real reasons behind it. Silence and darkness on your own is probably the best way to do this. I recommend reading one of the two books before your next trip, I haven't read middlemans suggestion yet but I surely will, I'm sure they are both good. LSD psychotherapy changed my trips a lot.

Have a browse of this http://www.scribd.com/doc/2551036/LSD-Psychotherapy-Stanislav-Grof

--------------------

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

Re: How To Stop a Bad Trip:benzodiazepine V.S. anti psychotic [Re: Grapefruit]
    #10183501 - 04/17/09 09:14 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks,I am willing to try anything.This shit is really bothering me,you guys can flame me all day for what I am about to say but the only way I feel right now is like some Christan that has been stripped of there bible and right to worship what they believe in(for the record I am NOT a religious person).Thanks for all the positive input to Grape and Middleman.

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

#10183650 - 04/17/09 09:53 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I know the feeling, hang in there. :wink:

--------------------

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

OfflineLedHead
Stranger

#10183714 - 04/17/09 10:10 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

DNBplus said:
I have been thinking about it and naturally I am a anxious,and hyper active person.I said be for that the attacks started after I said to myself "WOW I'm tripping hard,COOL!"I am wondering if my excitement about tripping balls causes me to get anxious and maybe that sets it off,I dont know.

its guaranteed mental dude, you dont need to terminate your trips.  That really is the cowards way out, you should not be tripping if you have to sit there and abort trips, i am sorry but you do not deserve these wonderful drugs if you treat them like a common whore like that.  This is a manifestation of ego issues and other mental issues which you are not dealing with on a trip. Plus if you abort trips you are leaving the trip when you havent worked this stuff out and it could lead to problems while sober :heart:

--------------------
I'm a traveler of both time and space...

Edited by LedHead (04/17/09 10:12 AM)

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#10183727 - 04/17/09 10:13 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LedHead said:
Quote:

DNBplus said:

its guaranteed mental dude, you dont need to terminate your trips.  That really is the cowards way out, you should not be tripping if you have to sit there and abort trips, i am sorry but you do not deserve these wonderful drugs if you treat them like a common whore like that.  This is a manifestation of ego issues and other mental issues which you are not dealing with on a trip. Plus if you abort trips you are leaving the trip when you havent worked this stuff out and it could lead to problems while sober :heart:

Mmmm, sweeping, elitist statements. Delicious.

--------------------

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

#10185813 - 04/17/09 04:33 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LedHead said:
Quote:

DNBplus said:

its guaranteed mental dude, you dont need to terminate your trips.  That really is the cowards way out, you should not be tripping if you have to sit there and abort trips, i am sorry but you do not deserve these wonderful drugs if you treat them like a common whore like that.  This is a manifestation of ego issues and other mental issues which you are not dealing with on a trip. Plus if you abort trips you are leaving the trip when you haven't worked this stuff out and it could lead to problems while sober :heart:[/quo
I agree.I never once said that I wanted to "abort" my trips,my main issue like I said many times in the anxiety.My main question was answered by dreamer a few pages back,and that is that you cannot really take anything to help with anxiety without effecting the trip.I am going to give it a brake for about a month and try to trip again and if I have a panic attack witch I cannot control I will medicate the anxiety issue and probably call it quites if it happens again.Nothing cowardly IMO about trying to suppress bad anxiety,if I can remember correctly I believe LSDreamer said he took some Benzos while tripping because of a panic attack,just because he did that(and myself)does not mean the trip was trying to be "aborted" just means that he was trying to "abort" a panic attack not the trip.

OfflineSummerDaisies
Out of Retirement
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rocky Mountain High Or at...
    #10185973 - 04/17/09 04:57 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i think you may have misunderstood what the people were saying when they said xanax stops a bad trip. Because i wouldnt say it stops it but i would say that it is going to calm you down and lead you to a better experience, no one said if you take lsd and then take xanax you wont feel the lsd at all. and if they did they are stupid.

xanax has helped me calm down while i was tripping many times when i felt on edge, i think its more mental though, i only take like 0.5

--------------------
[quote]Abuse said:
summerfaggot is one of the biggest cunts on this site.[/quote]

OfflineAnonabyss
Stranger
Re: How To Stop a Bad Trip:benzodiazepine V.S. anti psychotic [Re: SummerDaisies]
    #10313988 - 05/09/09 06:45 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

No offense, but all that's going on here is a stubborn inability to accept this problem as completely mental and everyone else being afraid of saying "no, you're wrong." A problem does not have to be a conscious fear of something you logically decided was worth fearing in order to be considered mental. Something can only be considered completely physical if either the drug affects only that part of the body or only the perception of physical sensation prior to any mental processing. What you are experiencing is, from completely normal effects of the drug, a completely mental anxiety attack which is caused purely by your brain's reaction to something that just so happens to be physical, but the fact that the initial stimulus is physical has nothing to do with the process. Just because your anxiety is rooted in the subconscious mind rather than the conscious mind, it does not indicate that it is at all "physical." When trying to comprehend the nature of this anxiety attack you shouldn't think of it any different from any other (mental) anxiety attack other than that it happens to be rooted in your subconscious.

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: How To Stop a Bad Trip:benzodiazepine V.S. anti psychotic [Re: Anonabyss]
    #10314615 - 05/09/09 09:23 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Anonabyss said:
No offense, but all that's going on here is a stubborn inability to accept this problem as completely mental and everyone else being afraid of saying "no, you're wrong." A problem does not have to be a conscious fear of something you logically decided was worth fearing in order to be considered mental. Something can only be considered completely physical if either the drug affects only that part of the body or only the perception of physical sensation prior to any mental processing. What you are experiencing is, from completely normal effects of the drug, a completely mental anxiety attack which is caused purely by your brain's reaction to something that just so happens to be physical, but the fact that the initial stimulus is physical has nothing to do with the process. Just because your anxiety is rooted in the subconscious mind rather than the conscious mind, it does not indicate that it is at all "physical." When trying to comprehend the nature of this anxiety attack you shouldn't think of it any different from any other (mental) anxiety attack other than that it happens to be rooted in your subconscious.

Ok, nice first post. I am not sure I quite understood what you mean tho........

I am coming down offa shroomies right now tho... SO I might be slightly stupid.

I didnt read all the posts of this long dead relic of a thread from a month ago...................

But, I will comment, just because the subject matter is interesting.

1. anxiety attack = you wont die.... except maybe if you are prone to a heart attack. But... the attack itself.... YOU WILL NOT DIE FROM... maybe getting too scared and jumping out a window...... but the attack ITSELF you will not die. -Why?- is it hard to AcCePt that? Dose up(not the xanax) and get back to me with an answer. :grin:  :mushroom2:

2. medically speaking. maybe the only thing you could do is get on meds.
  BUT psychedelic-ally speaking......... You -should- be able to work it out.

2.a If you cant seem to work it out.... I would recomend taking a break for awhile.... and come back to it later.

2.b If doing drugs to fix psychological problems doesnt appeal to you... I would recomend a good therapist.

Ok, and thats all I got

--------------------
Nothing I write on Shroomery's message boards or in private messages are true.  I am fucking crazy and I make all this shit up because I can.

[quote]sploogepanz55 said:
^^^ haha what a bummer, shad0w. All this talk about dying. :smile:
[/quote]

[quote]psychoanomaly said:
And so, I feel your intolerance and phobia towards rectal administration of psychedelics is a violation of the music of the spheres :rolleyes:[/quote]

[quote]shroom_sandwich said:
I could have sworn I seen a thread about a guy saying his dog killed the neighbors chickens earlier....[/quote]

InvisibleBipolardox
^^^Like the name says^^^
Male

Loc: Renton Wa
    #10318366 - 05/10/09 06:31 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

The only thing I would get from Seroquel is really bad munchies, followed by the urge to sleep. Valium is a barbiturate (so dont use with alcohol). I am actually wanting to trip, havent since 2002, but I'm worried all my meds will dampen the experience. Depakote ( mood stabilizer) celexa (AD). I've heard all kinds of rumors about different things sobering you up, but have yet to see any concrete evidence. I believe when taken to the hospital you would be sedated (least thats what they did to me) Had me take a bunch of sedatives till I passed out, woke up next day right as rain.

--------------------
"When everyone goes home, you're stuck with yourself."
~Layne Staley~
"Life Is Good, and every breath is a gift"  ~Bipolardox~

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder