Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenambi
journeyman
 User Gallery
Pinning Problem
    #10178884 - 04/16/09 04:17 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

A friend of mine moved into a house and in the fridge he found a syuring labeled B+ i knew right away what it was so I mad a LC with it.  1 year later I forgot I made the LC, it was sitting in a closet. Decided to try and spawn it and it was still active!

It's pinnig right now on cases of Poo with a layer of coconut core and verm, problem is all my pins always seem to acumulate on the edges of the case how do I promote pinnign in the center? I have some pins on the center but I never get a full flush as I see in the pictures posted here.

I'm not using any heating source the incubator is located in a warm area where the daytime sun usually gets the temps over 75oF but go down at night to about 68oF Cases are misted daily.

Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDZ
ranger
Male

Re: Pinning Problem [Re: nambi]
    #10178901 - 04/16/09 04:20 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

add a black trash bag to your fruiting container before adding the substrate or spawn.

this way when the substrate draws up the trashbag goes with it and prevents these gaps where mushrooms love to grow.

Offlinenambi
journeyman
 User Gallery
Re: Pinning Problem [Re: DZ]
    #10178991 - 04/16/09 04:36 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

interesting so you line the casings with a trash bag? since this is the first flush how would that affect the pinning on the case? I can understand how the growth would affect the casing compression after a flush but not before one has taken place.

Offlinedead
grateful
Male User Gallery

Loc: North pole
Re: Pinning Problem [Re: nambi]
    #10179450 - 04/16/09 05:38 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

You line the tray with the trashbag before you spawn. Thus as the mycelium colonizes it attaches itself to the plastic, so no air will get to the sides and it will not pin there.

--------------------
"The third eye. You spend years doing everything you can to open it and then the damn thing opens and your friends laugh at you when you tell them you can see their souls behind their eyes burning like rainbows."

Links:
:regularshroom:Nibin's Guide for Noobs
:regularshroom:some easy teks on bulk & grain prep. (my journal)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix