Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous

Mindset of tripping
    #1013474 - 11/01/02 01:57 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I've done shrooms and acid about 10 times now, and during that time, I valued their spiritual powers. I couldn't wait to trip, and I always had a good mental outlook on it, which lead to positive trips. I always score mushrooms when I have the chance, so there is an 8th in my freezer of very powerful shrooms. Part of me wants to take it all and be prepared for a level 5, I always wanted to experience that. Another part feels like tripping is a thing of my past and i'm not in the right mental state..... another words i fear a bad trip... I almost thinks its inevitable for me and the next time I trip I will get a bad one. This disturbs me for two reasons, is there something inside of me that is negative, which is causing me to fear a bad trip? I also don't want to let this fear hold me back from taking the shrooms because i really want to experience ego death. Shrooms have opened my eyes at a young age and have had a significant impact on who I am. Any thoughts on this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Mindset of tripping [Re: ]
    #1013514 - 11/01/02 02:18 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

To experience "ego death" (actually it's more of a transcendance), you must be willing to confront your fears and move through them. If you are ready to do that, then go for it. "There is no birth in consciousness without pain."  :crazy: 

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: Mindset of tripping [Re: Adamist]
    #1013785 - 11/01/02 04:00 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah. Recognize the fear as part of yourself. Don't judge it.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1013916 - 11/01/02 05:00 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

muahahaa this is an EXCELLENT post

"Another part feels like tripping is a thing of my past and i'm not in the right mental state..... another words i fear a bad trip... I almost thinks its inevitable for me and the next time I trip I will get a bad one."

Dude!!! If you THINK you've going to have a bad trip - if you're looking for something to go wrong...... something will go wrong and you WILL have a bad trip. I wouldn't shroom with that mindset (anymore :wink: I did once). You have to be REALLY KNOWING that you'll have a blast, and then... I'll be damned; you'll have a blast!

Edit #1 (Addition): Oh yeah I forgot to mention the other side of this - If you're expecting to have a bad trip...... another thing you can do is take the shrooms and look for the bad trip. Look for things to happen that will ruin everything, make the walls melt and the cops show up. Look for terrorists running into your house with explosives attached to their chest and ak-47s in their hands.... look for terror. If you're expecting a "bad trip," then try and MAKE a bad trip - you'll learn its really hard to do (well, for ME at least... i don't know if everybody should take this advice... but its worked for me). "Oh shit these shrooms I'm holding that I'm about to eat are going to fuck everything up and I'm never going to come back from the sheer insanity they induce - i'm totally fucked for good... oh no this is not gunna be cool... ok i've eaten them.. time to die. can you really die from shrooms? yes, and i'm going to die. just you watch, i'm going to die a terrible disgusting mushroom death and it will all be over before I know it [munch munch]."

Kinda like in Forest Gump when Lt. Dan is up on the mast on the shrimp-boat during that wild storm going "IS THAT ALL YOU GOT!!! COME ON!! YOU CAN'T DEFEAT ME!!!" only don't tell the mushroom it can't defeat you...... tell it that it CAN and WILL, and it won't, from my experience........... maybe i shouldn't have posted this twisted advice because i can see how it might not work for others..... but >click<

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-
"Have a good time all the time"

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (11/01/02 05:07 PM)

OfflineGrowingVines
Slowly Changinginto a Tree
Loc: GA
Re: Mindset of tripping [Re: Strumpling]
    #1014820 - 11/02/02 12:59 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I feel the Same way man. I have trip 10 times exactly, (Why i'm counting, I don't know). And the Same feeling engolfes me, Am i going to have a bad trip? I try to go into my next trip, thinking and hoping i will learn something from this. Most of the time it really works.

--------------------
Peace out my brothers, for everyone has a bit of insanity in them

OfflineKemist
Soul ComponentsPrototype IssueM11983MF50 (x_x)

Loc: The Orgin
Re: Mindset of tripping [Re: GrowingVines]
    #1014986 - 11/02/02 02:20 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

its all about setting.

--------------------
Rafa (x_X)

fuck a sig

OfflineGrowingVines
Slowly Changinginto a Tree
Loc: GA
Re: Mindset of tripping [Re: Kemist]
    #1014996 - 11/02/02 02:23 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, Setting is main thing =)

--------------------
Peace out my brothers, for everyone has a bit of insanity in them

OfflineFlusH
Random person on Internet

Loc: Bizzaro World
    #1017751 - 11/03/02 05:09 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Going threw the long mentally stressing and sometimes scarry feelings of a bad trip always helps me to understand what is causing my fears and to re-map my brain to understand my perception for what it is.

--------------------

OfflinePenguin
You can't be me I'm a Rockstar

Loc: On the Arctic ice shelf.
Re: Mindset of tripping [Re: FlusH]
    #1017770 - 11/03/02 06:13 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Is this in relation to what I read about in Electric Kool-Aid Acid test about 'Now Trip'; a chemical-free trip? was Leary the one who did this?

--------------------
The fear of loss is always greater than the desire for gain

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
    #1017896 - 11/03/02 08:11 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

From my experience, Amanitas are the ultimate ego-killer.
Ego- death IS a bad trip anyway...
Your ego is all the bad AND the good stuff that have to do with you... saying goodbye to you, is not easy.(its like dying by your own will)
It is just a matter of choice.
Remember that you can kill it without any drugs for long periods of time(or completely)...what you have to do is REFLECT and Transmit the egoless world you experience in your narcotic visions, right INTO your everyday world.

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Mindset of tripping [Re: Sterile]
    #1018703 - 11/03/02 02:18 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Re: Ego-loss experience: Its only bad when you're expecting it to be, and then fight whatever starts happening.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinebigdirda
Stranger
Re: Mindset of tripping [Re: Strumpling]
    #1020722 - 11/04/02 11:16 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

not jsut setting, its all about who u trip with and how comfortable you are with them. kinda like pot, i ge the highest and have the best time when im smoking with my closest friends at the time and am in a good mood

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Mindset of tripping [Re: bigdirda]
    #1021582 - 11/04/02 03:35 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I think it's best to trip alone in a comfterble place.

Make sure you look in the mirrior too! It's freakin awesome!

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineKemist
Soul ComponentsPrototype IssueM11983MF50 (x_x)

Loc: The Orgin
Re: Mindset of tripping [Re: Murex]
    #1021631 - 11/04/02 03:52 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

well it is all setting ... safe and fun enviroment, good mood, feeling good ... body, mind, and spirit. bad trips happen when all or sometimes just one of the things are not met. it is however near to impossibe to set one up at the time. maybe it meansd i shouldn't be tripping. anyways there is alway risk of a bad trip but if you know that you can survive them. just give yourself a project to do. talking to someone, arraging beans (dont it), reading, TV .... anything and you will survive. that is unless you you want to play with your thoughts which is the best but most often very scarry and intense.

the following sober morning you sum it up with "that was trippy"

--------------------
Rafa (x_X)

fuck a sig

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#1022039 - 11/04/02 06:42 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

The way I see it, the most worthwhile trips are the ones that seem like they're going "bad" at the beginning.
You know, you've just munched down a quarter on an empty stomach and its already coming on like 5 minutes later.  Before you know it you're on your ass and you can feel the fungus creeping into your organs.  Then you feel your head and it's starting to turn into a warm lump, and your ears seem too small.  At that moment you realize you took too much.  As your equalibrium slips further and further away, you reach out to touch a rock, only to have it recede from your grasp. Yes, you feel much too weird and terror begins to sink in.
Now you are wondering how it is going to come.  You are out here in the forest.  In a dry river bed.  The rocks are red and purple and the insects are relentless.  You have been 'here' before, but some how you know you have gone too far.  This is when you toss away the token cap you were saving for your peak.  The insects are howling demons in your head.  Discarnate spirits who lost their minds out here long ago.  You know, you too, can never return, as you feel your capacity for language and interaction dissolving and oozing from your pores.
Will you be lost out here forever?  What will you do now? You wish you could have told everyone you loved them and thanked them first. Then you begin to taste the end, and now you know what "death" feels like. 
In the darkness you can feel the veil approaching as the void surrounds you and expands from within you. 
But in an infinite moment, death sommersaults into birth.  And just at the point you thought it was all over and you were going to become infinity, you look up and the blazing sun breaks through the clouds. You suddenly leap up into a new day and what feels oddly like a new body.  Like an infant, secretions stream from every orifice in your head, and the frozen expression of terror on your face melts into a mushy smile.  And you wonder who to thank for this rebirth.  In fact, you simply cannot understand what has happened.  You won't for a while.  And you won't care.  Beautiful afterglow.

This is a *simple* description of the best recent trip i've had.  I would prefer an experience like this to a more mellow trip where i was left with a sort of half-slain ego and "some cool visuals".  I think it is helpful to realize that the first 30-40 minutes has the most potential for discomfort.  The only time i think a "bad" comeup could have lasting negative effects is if you were smack dab in the middle of society somewhere and had to deal with authority figures or "squares" (heheh) or something.  If you're going to eat a large dose, plan your trip and don't get stuck somewhere you shouldn't be. 

And remember, just rrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide it out! :cool:

Edited by EvilEye? (11/04/02 06:45 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract