Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Dear everyone who thinks New Jersey is an industrial wasteland,
    #10176777 - 04/16/09 09:33 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

You are wrong. Only northeast Jersey along the coast is an industrial wasteland. You know, like where I live.

BUT! The rest of Jersey is actually pretty damn interesting as far as nature goes. I'm taking this field ecology course where we just go to random aquatic environments and catch pretty much everything we can that lives in and around water.

Did you know that Jersey has a pretty damn big swamp? It's called Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge and it's about 12 square miles. They were going to build Newark Liberty International Airport over the swamp, but the people who lived in the area weren't having it so they bought the land before the contractor could.

I went to that swamp to do a field study on the distribution of Spring Peepers Frogs (Pseudacris crucifer) within their breeding grounds. I took my camera, but I only got a few pics. Believe it or not swamps are wet, muddy, and smell like shit (well ok, hydrogen sulfide, not shit) and that's a bad environment for a camera. Especially when you're waste deep in chest waders trying to get through the mud.

Here are the few pics I did take...

First thing we did was set up our plots then we had a ton of time to kill because the frogs didn't come out till it got dark. We went to this boardwalk over part of the swamp. Apparently this part of the swamp was a breeding ground for the Northern Banded Water Snake. We probably saw about 50+

I counted 10 snakes in this picture

We saw about 15 turtles here, including a 14 inch Common Snapping Turtle.

Eastern Painted Turtle, these things were everywhere and very curious about what the people on the boardwalk were doing. You'd see them just sitting on branches looking at the boardwalk or they'd occasionally swim up to it.

Before we got dinner we stopped at a birds of prey rehab center, saw just about every bird of prey in the US. This is a Bald Eagle. I've seen them in the wild, but never up close. I shit you not this guy stood about 3 feet tall, they're fucking massive.

And here's some more Jersey pics of a morel hunt a few years ago that I did with shroomerite neuro:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleComputerTekGuy
Teh Awesome
Male User Gallery

Re: Dear everyone who thinks New Jersey is an industrial wasteland, [Re: Gumby]
    #10176794 - 04/16/09 09:38 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Cool pics

OfflineRandomHero
�.ǝןqısuodsǝɹɹı
 User Gallery

Loc: shroomery.org Flag
    #10176795 - 04/16/09 09:39 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

oh look towards the bottom, poo .:lol:

--------------------
Been you to have any spike, man?.

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio Flag
    #10176801 - 04/16/09 09:41 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Gumby said:
You are wrong. Only northeast Jersey along the coast is an industrial wasteland. You know, like where I live.

BUT! The rest of Jersey is actually pretty damn interesting as far as nature goes. I'm taking this field ecology course where we just go to random aquatic environments and catch pretty much everything we can that lives in and around water.

Did you know that Jersey has a pretty damn big swamp?

Oooooooo a swamp.

--------------------
!

OfflineMello KittyS
Beautiful Burnout
Female User Gallery

Loc: Sanriotown, Harmonyland
    #10176802 - 04/16/09 09:42 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Jersey is great, i used to hang out in Newark (QXT's FTW) its kind of a slum but its not as bad as everyone says, i smoked a sherm stick across the street from a cop, that was a fun experience.

Theres some creepy guys in Dover, some Ghetto chic's in Jersey City. Hoboken is a favorite of mine because its so close to Manhatten you can take the train right in. Benny Tudino's is some of the best pizza i ever had in my life.

LBI is very nice, and the Pine Barrons are wonderful!!! NJMA runs some very cool forays in Jersey.

honestly i think it has alot more to offer then PA, but thats just my opinion :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Re: Dear everyone who thinks New Jersey is an industrial wasteland, [Re: RandomHero]
    #10176803 - 04/16/09 09:42 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Not just poo. Fresh bear shit. That's not a very comforting thing to find while you're hiking in the mountains 2-3 miles away from civilization.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot

Loc: Flag
    #10176810 - 04/16/09 09:44 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

New Jersey is still a state?

Offlinethirdtragedy
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Loc: planet earth
Re: Dear everyone who thinks New Jersey is an industrial wasteland, [Re: Adden]
    #10176850 - 04/16/09 09:52 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

WTF why are there so many snakes? If I saw that in person I would have been out of there. Nice pics...I don't know anything about jersey.

--------------------

Offlineboxcarguy07
Uno
Male User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: Dear everyone who thinks New Jersey is an industrial wasteland, [Re: thirdtragedy]
    #10176863 - 04/16/09 09:55 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

i was born in jersey, i hate when people hate on it.

oh yeah, and go devils!!!

--------------------
:musicnote:Music doesn't stop at the ears when it begins at the heart.:musicnote:

:psychsplit:"Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind."
            -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:psychsplit:

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #10176866 - 04/16/09 09:56 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I'm pretty sure New Jersey is an industrial wasteland.

Like, really pretty sure.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10176869 - 04/16/09 09:57 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Re: Dear everyone who thinks New Jersey is an industrial wasteland, [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #10176872 - 04/16/09 09:57 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

But dude, they have a swamp.
A fucking swamp, man!

--------------------
!

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Dear everyone who thinks New Jersey is an industrial wasteland, [Re: jewunit]
    #10176881 - 04/16/09 09:59 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Likely an un-reclaimed Superfund site seething with heavy metals and noxious chemicals.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Re: Dear everyone who thinks New Jersey is an industrial wasteland, [Re: Mello Kitty]
    #10176882 - 04/16/09 10:00 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

jewunit said:
Quote:

Gumby said:

Did you know that Jersey has a pretty damn big swamp?

Oooooooo a swamp.

Hey buddy, fuck you. You live in Ohio. Enjoy your corn fields, tobacco fields, Amish people, and flat land. I got accepted to OSU and thought about going there, but once I visited I realized an enema of sulfuric acid would probably be more fun than spending 4 years of my life in Columbus. I'll take Jersey over Ohio any day, thanks.

Quote:

ellenallien said:
Jersey is great, i used to hang out in Newark (QXT's FTW) its kind of a slum but its not as bad as everyone says, i smoked a sherm stick across the street from a cop, that was a fun experience.

Theres some creepy guys in Dover, some Ghetto chic's in Jersey City. Hoboken is a favorite of mine because its so close to Manhatten you can take the train right in. Benny Tudino's is some of the best pizza i ever had in my life.

LBI is very nice, and the Pine Barrons are wonderful!!! NJMA runs some very cool forays in Jersey.

QXT's?
Newark's only bad in certain parts, as long as you stick to The Ironbound, Downtown, and University Heights you SHOULD be fine. You avoid South and West Newark and ANY project.

I think The Ironbound is my favorite part of Newark. Great food, nice people, no bums, hardly any crime, clubs, bars, nice stores. Those Portuguese and Brazilians know how to party like motherfuckers too. Every summer they have Portuguese Fest where they shut down about a mile of Ferry St. for this huge ass 3 day party. Lots of cheap strong drinks, good food and good music. I'd tell ya the girls are hot but I saw too many flabby 40-50 somethings who dressed like they were still in their 20s (maybe it's the culture?). Fun time though, I think anyone in the area should try to make it out for at least one day of the fest.

And yeah, Hoboken is a shitload of fun, I have a lot of friends who live over there. One of them has an apartment on the street where they have the St. Patty's parade. We got a few kegs and about 30-40 people and started drinkin' at 10am for the last parade. Great time. And I also go to Benny Tudino's every time I'm in Hoboken, weird. Weehawken is pretty cool too.

One thing I've yet to do since I moved up here is go down the shore. I'm reluctant. I don't think I could take the level of douchebaggery that is present there.

Also, Atlantic City is :awesome:

Edited by Gumby (04/16/09 10:14 AM)

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
    #10176892 - 04/16/09 10:01 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

:rofl:
Columbus isn't too bad though :shrug:
Go to the shore on a weekday not during the summer and it shouldn't be too bad.

--------------------
!

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Dear everyone who thinks New Jersey is an industrial wasteland, [Re: jewunit]
    #10176896 - 04/16/09 10:02 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

No, Ohio is pretty much a shit-hole as well..

I don't much care for wastelands, be they industrial or agricultural.

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Dear everyone who thinks New Jersey is an industrial wasteland, [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #10176899 - 04/16/09 10:03 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Or cultural.

Salt Lake City sucks as well.

--------------------

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
    #10176903 - 04/16/09 10:03 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Oh Ohio is a huge shithole.
Apparently it has the worst air in the US as well :awesome:

--------------------
!

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#10176911 - 04/16/09 10:05 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

And your river caught on fire.

:lol:

--------------------

OfflineMello KittyS
Beautiful Burnout
Female User Gallery

#10176912 - 04/16/09 10:05 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

you are right about the shores. i avoid wildwood and even seaside now. i went to LBI last summer and stayed in a house on the beach. it was nice because the beach was bare, but the people around the immediate town were quite posh, very stuck up and judgemental. i got laughed at by quite a few "surfer dudes".

got to love the "surfer dudes" of NJ, they sure get some big "tsunami's" there :hehehe:

QXT's is an electro club i used to frequent, until they started to let underage girls in :rolleyes:

--------------------

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#10176916 - 04/16/09 10:06 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Likely an un-reclaimed Superfund site seething with heavy metals and noxious chemicals.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of places along the coast that ARE industrial wastelands. About 3 weeks ago I did a study on a wildlife reclamation area. During the industrial revolution the soil in the area (Liberty State Park) was heavily contaminated with chromium, nickle, and iron. We were checking on the wildlife progress of the reclaimed area and it was doing pretty damn well. I managed to find an endangered species of turtle in the Hudson right next to the reclamation area.

But still, there are a ton of Superfund sites around North Jersey, South Jersey has very few. Superfund is like the worst of the worst in environmental contamination. I don't think they can fix all the heavy metals, but hey, at least they have it contained and stopped the source of the contamination :shrug:

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot

Re: Dear everyone who thinks New Jersey is an industrial wasteland, [Re: Mello Kitty]
    #10176928 - 04/16/09 10:10 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

What's wrong with underage girls at clubs?

OfflineMello KittyS
Beautiful Burnout
Female User Gallery

Re: Dear everyone who thinks New Jersey is an industrial wasteland, [Re: Adden]
    #10176972 - 04/16/09 10:20 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

i like boys n girls ...

but not underage ones :eek:

--------------------

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

#10177037 - 04/16/09 10:40 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Gumby said:

Hey buddy, fuck you. You live in Ohio. Enjoy your corn fields, tobacco fields, Amish people, and flat land. I got accepted to OSU and thought about going there, but once I visited I realized an enema of sulfuric acid would probably be more fun than spending 4 years of my life in Columbus. I'll take Jersey over Ohio any day, thanks.

Really? We had tobacco fields? I wish I knew that.

Ohio does suck, yes, but it's actually pretty beautiful in hindsight. I miss being able to just eat some drugs and walk down the country roads in peace.

Flat lands are beautiful maaannnn

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/5417038

--------------------
Remember to cut your nails regularly.

Offlinehpi
Tsar Bomba
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Montreal, Canada Flag
    #10177042 - 04/16/09 10:41 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Ive always enjoyed going to new Jersey.

It's also the closest spot that they do NHRA drag racing so I'm in English town NJ a lot :laugh:

I;m going back soon, can't fucking wait!

NJ is pretty sweet! I don't think it's an industrialized wwasteland.

--------------------
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!

There exists one lie that is the absolute worst. A lie that has successfully infiltrated many of the Western governments. This lie is Christianity, and it must be fought in every way, shape and form. Burn the churches and kill the priests. The abomination that is Christianity must be wiped from this Earth.

4-Methyl-Aminorex

Offlineunretarded
Tick and poisionoak collector
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali
    #10177063 - 04/16/09 10:45 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Nice pics....

Atlantic city is a giant thumbs down.

Rip off artists on every square inch of the boardwalk and it had the most absurd rules ever.

I shit you not ,2 full size pieces of plywood{4 foot by 8 foot} covered from top to bottom in small print were the rules for the beach ...:rofl2:..Rules for a beach...:rofl2:

No swimming,no radios,no food ,no dogs, There must have been 100 rules on each sign.......it was the most pathetic thing I had ever seen on a beach.

Come on out to cali for some nice beaches with no 64 square foot signs of rules

The mall over the water was cool ,by cool,I mean cool to look at ,inside it was just another mall.The casinos had a gritty feel to them.......all I saw was the boardwalk area ........but it was nothing special and I felt like I should be packin heat or atleast a rambo knife for security and it had a smell to it .It was cool to check out ,but I will never go back...:shrug:

Bullhead city or vegas was much better.

--------------------
I love our leaders and the feds ,they are great people and the laws they make help us!:rofl2:

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Re: Dear everyone who thinks New Jersey is an industrial wasteland, [Re: unretarded]
    #10177068 - 04/16/09 10:47 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Why the fuck would you go to AC for the beach?

--------------------
!

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Re: Dear everyone who thinks New Jersey is an industrial wasteland, [Re: PyroBurns]
    #10177098 - 04/16/09 10:53 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

PyroBurns said:
Really? We had tobacco fields? I wish I knew that.

Yeah man, Southern Ohio and Northern Kentucky is filled with them. I used to see them all the time when my parents would drive up there from GA to Cleveland to see relatives.

Quote:

PyroBurns said:
Flat lands are beautiful maaannnn
[/url]

Yeah, but you know what's way cooler?

Mountains, swamps, wetlands/marshes, deserts, floodplains, coastal dunes, rain forests, beaches, coral reefs, deciduous forests, pine forests, scrublands, mangroves.... you get the point.

Offlineunretarded
Male User Gallery

#10177130 - 04/16/09 10:59 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Nobody goes for the beach ....it was just another point on how shitty it was ......what a vacation spot....:nonono:

If your just going to hole up in a casino ....why goes there anyway.Its just one of a 100 cities that have casino`s and the other ones are much better.....:shrug:

It was nice catching trout on the colorado river in bullhead city while gamblin...it was also cool to see the town with all the donkeys walking the street...yep lots to do there with no billboard of rules.Go shoot machine guns for the price of bullets ,take jet boat rides ,play on the jetski,giant golf course,they sell fireworks and have a place you shoot them off,big fireworks.
Nice scenic mountains and bullhead city is considered to be not that good of a spot.

Sorry I have been alot of places and I would rank atlantic city low on the list.

Hell ,the St.Louis gambling boats were better than atlantic city......cruise the river on a paddle wheel boat while drinkin and gambling,go up in the arch ,lots to see and do there.

--------------------
I love our leaders and the feds ,they are great people and the laws they make help us!:rofl2:

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Re: Dear everyone who thinks New Jersey is an industrial wasteland, [Re: unretarded]
    #10177138 - 04/16/09 11:00 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Because AC is in NJ, and all the other places are farther than Jersey (aside from Turning Stone.)

--------------------
!

Offlineunretarded
Male User Gallery

#10177148 - 04/16/09 11:03 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Get out and about its a big country we live in man.........I am shure atlantic city has some nice things to offer,but on my list of spots I have been ,I saw little that impressed me.
I will not be going back ,put it that way.

--------------------

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
    #10177159 - 04/16/09 11:04 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

That's fine, I would never go to AC if I was from California.
Just like I'll probably never go to Vegas. Too far for a bunch of flashing lights and casinos. They got that shit at AC.

--------------------
!

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#10177170 - 04/16/09 11:07 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I think you have to be a gambling man or a drinker to appreciate AC. I'm the latter so I had fun.

I wouldn't waste my time on AC's beaches. Last time I was there I saw a syringe in the water. No AIDS for me, kthx. Like you said, no one goes to AC for the beach, they go for drinking, gambling, and hookers.

Offlineunretarded
Male User Gallery

#10177192 - 04/16/09 11:12 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Vegas is not too bad ,there is alot to see and do there ,plus it looks pretty cool.
I been a couple of times and its nothing that tops the list or anything ,thats for shure.
Vegas is over rated,its cool to go and see ,the shows are pretty good.
I am glad I have been there,,but yeah,its just vegas,its worth checking out to say you have been there.

I want to check out reno ,thats suppose to pretty good.

Now I will give the racing complex a giant thumbs up in vegas .....we could see the track from inside of the motorhome ....:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
    #10177202 - 04/16/09 11:13 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

unretarded said:
Vegas is not too bad ,there is alot to see and do there ,plus it looks pretty cool.

The coolest part about Vegas is how HUGE everything is. The first time we walked into the Luxor, we were all amazed!

Walking down the strip at night is an experience everyone should have at least once!

OfflineAJ4U
Cloud N9ne
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty Jersey
Re: Dear everyone who thinks New Jersey is an industrial wasteland, [Re: RoosterCogburn]
    #10177338 - 04/16/09 11:39 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

NJ is the shit, as much as i fuckin hate it lol. Where i live is pretty damn boring, it livens up in the summer though when all the Guido tourists come by lol

--------------------

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Re: Dear everyone who thinks New Jersey is an industrial wasteland, [Re: AJ4U]
    #10177358 - 04/16/09 11:43 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

:facepalm:

OfflineAJ4U
Cloud N9ne
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty Jersey
    #10177397 - 04/16/09 11:49 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

LOL yea pretty much what i see if i go to the beach down the street. Thats what sucks about living on the beach and boardwalk is all the damn tourists.

--------------------

OfflineDeekay
 User Gallery

#10177422 - 04/16/09 11:54 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I was born and raised in NJ and currently going to school here, i like it a lot. Where do you live, and other new jersians?

--------------------
Check out my gallery :sun:

Do YOU have The Band's sheet music books? I am paying cash!

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Re: Dear everyone who thinks New Jersey is an industrial wasteland, [Re: AJ4U]
    #10177423 - 04/16/09 11:55 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

That and shore bitches is why I've been reluctant to go down the shore. I've met them away from the beach and they suck at life, I don't even want to see them in their own environment. I'm sure the douchebaggery would increase ten fold.

I will probably go this summer with some friends. Like I said in a previous post, I'm gonna bring my camera and get some pics of the tards. I'll try to borrow a telephoto lens so I don't have to deal with "Hey what da fuck you doin takin pics of me and my girlie, guy? You some kinda homo? I'll fuck you up... After I finish my Heineken."

I get invited to a shitload of events at Sandbar. You ever been there AJ?

OfflineDrunken_Jester
Resident Opiphille
Male

Loc: San Diego, CA
    #10177457 - 04/16/09 12:01 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Gumby make sure you don't get in the way of Tommy and his cheeseballs and sangwitches

InvisibleUnbearable_B
Strangerer

Re: Dear everyone who thinks New Jersey is an industrial wasteland, [Re: Drunken_Jester]
    #10177475 - 04/16/09 12:05 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

IDAHO FTW

Offlineunretarded
Male User Gallery

#10177483 - 04/16/09 12:06 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Come out to cali with that camera Gumby .......girls and people will line up for you to take pics ,plus they like to get naked for said pics.
They will burn one with ya and actually start a intelligent conversation.

I have never met soo many happy go lucky people in my lifa as out here.....it really is a night and day difference.

--------------------

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Re: Dear everyone who thinks New Jersey is an industrial wasteland, [Re: Unbearable_B]
    #10177489 - 04/16/09 12:07 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Drunken_Jester said:
Gumby make sure you don't get in the way of Tommy and his cheeseballs and sangwitches

They're called hoagies. Well, at least in South Jersey.

Quote:

Unbearable_B said:
IDAHO FTW

WTF does Idaho have to offer? Potatoes? I don't even like potatoes.

InvisibleUnbearable_B
Strangerer

#10177583 - 04/16/09 12:28 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

lol

MOuntains man...mountains

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Re: Dear everyone who thinks New Jersey is an industrial wasteland, [Re: Unbearable_B]
    #10177814 - 04/16/09 01:18 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

MOUNTAINS!

Granted, those mountains are in Georgia, but still dude, MOUNTAINS!

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Male User Gallery

#10177834 - 04/16/09 01:21 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

You have mountians... Jersey has Apple Pie Hill. :smirk:

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Re: Dear everyone who thinks New Jersey is an industrial wasteland, [Re: RoosterCogburn]
    #10177943 - 04/16/09 01:43 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

O RLY?

Jersey does have some mountains. We've got the Poconos and the foothills of the Catskills. North and West Jersey = mountains.

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Male User Gallery

#10177955 - 04/16/09 01:45 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Apple Pie Hill is one of the highest points in the Pine Barrens, at 209 feet above sea level. It can be reached by taking Route 532 West from Route 206 or by taking Route 532 East from Route 563. Located in Tabernacle Township, no one knows how Apple Pie Hill got its name, though there is speculation that it shape resemples an apple pie.

Today there stands a 60 foot fire tower which affords the visitor an one of the most incredible views of the Pines available. From there one can view of the west branch of the Wading River, with pine forests covering a level plain that stretches to the horizon in all directions. The only other features visible are a few cranberry bogs to the southeast, the tops of distant towers in Atlantic City to the east, and the tops of skyscrapers in Philadelphia to the west. (One can literally view the east-west extent of the State of New Jersey from here.) On a clear day it is possible to see several hilly escarpments far to the north.. It is a favorite spot of picnickers, and makes a great day hike from the Carranza Memorial along the pink-blazed Batona trail. Starting from the Carranza Memorial the hiker will encounter two hills, the first known as "Tea Time Hill", and the second, "Apple Pie Hill".

:shrug:

I thought that was the best we had...

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

#10178031 - 04/16/09 01:59 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

RoosterCogburn said:
Quote:

unretarded said:

The coolest part about Vegas is how HUGE everything is. The first time we walked into the Luxor, we were all amazed!

Walking down the strip at night is an experience everyone should have at least once!

What the hell? Vegas is a nightmare. DON'T GO THERE

--------------------
Remember to cut your nails regularly.

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Male User Gallery

Re: Dear everyone who thinks New Jersey is an industrial wasteland, [Re: PyroBurns]
    #10178043 - 04/16/09 02:01 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

PyroBurns said:
What the hell? Vegas is a nightmare. DON'T GO THERE

:confused:

You are clearly not speaking for the millions of people who have fun.

Iraq is a nightmare... Vegas is Vegas.

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

#10178224 - 04/16/09 02:26 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Sorry but I have to say that Jersey is pretty shitty.

--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
    #10178230 - 04/16/09 02:27 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Gumby:

Great OP, I agree completely.  I spent the first decade of my life (and 4 weekends a year since then) in Jersey, and I have much love for the state.  People talk way too much shit about it:  Sure, there's a bunch of guidos and new fuckin haircuts - but for the most part it's just as chill as anywhere else.

Plus, highest GDP/capita in the U.S :awesome:

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Dear everyone who thinks New Jersey is an industrial wasteland, [Re: memes]
    #10178290 - 04/16/09 02:34 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I also hear good things about your diners.

--------------------

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: Dear everyone who thinks New Jersey is an industrial wasteland, [Re: Silversoul]
    #10178355 - 04/16/09 02:44 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Diners, pizza, and slutty women.

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10178478 - 04/16/09 02:59 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I just did some hiking in the swamp myself, it's one of my favorite places to be. I didn't even know they had swamps in the northeast.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#10179025 - 04/16/09 04:42 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

High Point, located in the northwestern part of New Jersey in Montague, Sussex County in the Skylands Region of New Jersey, is the highest elevation in the state at 1,803 feet (550 m)

Not much, but it's somethin'.

OfflineBuggingOUT
Stranger

#10179036 - 04/16/09 04:43 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I think New Jersey was where that movie Broken Flowers was filmed. Looked nice

--------------------
Krishna said:
some fags melted down, other fags retaliated, i did my dishes.

Invisiblefilthee
DWWP
Male

Loc: australia
    #10179062 - 04/16/09 04:48 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

i love how your people rally together and do shit like that ie bought the swamp

here we have no chance cause we're practically thirdworld

the multinational companies own our polititcians and you cant out bid  conglomerates especially a greedy ones

same as our housing market

its hard for first time home owners to get a fair price on a home at an auction when the other bidders have cell phones and are agents for foriegn buyers

all the land and homes here in sydney are overpriced

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male

Loc: Cypress Creek
    #10179196 - 04/16/09 05:07 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

ahh I've been mentioning this fact for a while :lol:

I'm in monmouth county, I think it's pretty damn nice here...taking the train north is depressing...it's all abandoned factories and industrial urban wastelands - which is the part of NJ pretty much all out of state traffic gets to see

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Re: Dear everyone who thinks New Jersey is an industrial wasteland, [Re: Boom]
    #10179664 - 04/16/09 06:22 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah I think everyone bases their opinion of Jersey on what they see when they fly into the Newark airport on their way to NYC... And that IS an industrial wasteland. All of Port Newark-Elizabeth is industrial wasteland.

blewmeanie: I didn't know the northeast had swamps either. The pics you posted is what I would call a real swamp. When I think swamp I think alligators and venomous snakes and shit. Jersey's swamps aren't that bad though.

Swamps are definitely one of me favorite environments/habitats/biomes/whatever to explore, albeit not a very easy place to explore unless boardwalks and trails have been made. I prefer just getting out there in a boat or waders and checking shit out on my own.

What swamp was that you posted pictures of? Do you have any evil villain in you? Want me to send you some piranhas so you can destroy the ecosystem? I'd do it.

OfflineT-Rex
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: NY
    #10179848 - 04/16/09 06:54 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I live on Long Island which is damn close to Jersey and we have swamps all over. In face ther's one right behind my house in the woods and there's nothing to exciting about a mucky ass, mosquito infested body of shit water.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Re: Dear everyone who thinks New Jersey is an industrial wasteland, [Re: T-Rex]
    #10179855 - 04/16/09 06:55 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I dunno man, you ever gone out there to see the wildlife? You see some strange shit in a swamp.

OfflineT-Rex
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: NY
    #10179891 - 04/16/09 07:00 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Yea bro I used to explore the swamp behind my house. I used to catch big ass snapping turtles. I guess your right when your bored that shit can be fun lol

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male

Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: Dear everyone who thinks New Jersey is an industrial wasteland, [Re: T-Rex]
    #10192525 - 04/18/09 10:14 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

shameless bump for old-found threads I made  :awesome:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/4803244#4803244

^ - that's when I lived inland

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6883303#6883303

^ - that's 20 minutes east, where I am near now

OfflineLlamanose
The llama knows

#10192544 - 04/18/09 10:18 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I think those north eastern forests are purdy.  :smile: 

I live in the rockies, and the mountains here are insanely beautiful, but the forests are mostly pines.  I would be lost without the mountains in the distance though, I'd never be able to get my bearings.

I think this has inspired me to go on a hike tomorrow.  :laugh:

--------------------
Alice came to a fork in the road.  "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
~Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale