Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKumara
Dragoness

Talking your wife/gf/SO into trying entheogens? Some suggestions
    #10176767 - 04/16/09 09:30 AM (15 years, 3 days ago)

I've read countless posts recounting trip reports of people (usually men) who have talked their female Significant Other into using entheogens for the first time, with horrible results.

I'd like to offer some suggestions from a woman's perspective...I'm focusing primarily on a male/female pairbonded experience, since that is what I know best.

First...determine whether the first-time user has particular religious/spiritual beliefs, and whether those beliefs include maps of some sort of protector icons.  Angels, for example, or animal spirits, or a winged gnome-goddess...pot-headed pixies, the Buddha, Tara, a relative such as a grandmother, etc. etc.

If so, then before tripping, create a sacred space.  Invoke the angels, god, Krishna, the oak tree in the back yard...invoke it, sit with it, ask it/she/them (we really need better pronouns in this language...) to be with you during the experience. 

Talk to the mushrooms themselves.  A great thing Terrence McKenna used to say was, "please don't hurt me!  i'm surrendering myself to you, so please take care with me!"

Have a hot bubble bath, with at least 2lbs. of epsom salt, at the ready.  The soothing power of salt water cannot be underestimated.  This is the fluid we were surrounded by in the womb, it's what most of the world is made of, it's what courses through our bodies...it is VERY soothing if a trip starts to go wrong, but trying to draw a bath while sky high is usually difficult and uncomfortable.  Be prepared.

Coach your tripping partner in how to get out of a mind loop.  It can be very surprising to learn we have conflicting parts in our mind, but trying to run from disturbing messages or argue with them is pointless.  Learning to say, "thank you for sharing, I really do love you" to the thoughts in your own mind is infinitely useful in getting out of a thought loop.

If things start to go south, INVOKE the divine, the angels, whatever comforter spirits you called on before the trip.  If possible, get your tripping partner to call on them personally, esp if your belief maps don't overlap.

Have some art or a soft fluffy blanket or a visualizer to meditate on, to redirect attention. 

Another wonderful thing, is that you can rub her feet, and help them out of a bad space.  Physical contact with the feet provides a strong sense of grounding.  The ears are also good, too.  The vagus nerve branches off into each ear, so it's almost like giving the entire nervous system a soothing massage if you rub the ears.

I think all of these things are probably good ideas for tripping with a romantic partner in general, but I see a lot of reports where the experienced tripper tends to think of himself as "guide" and the new tripper depends heavily on the them for their trip experience, thus creating a very uncomfortable sense of dependency, and potential for feelings of betrayal if the trip doesn't go well.

So, what have you all found to be useful and effective, in tripping for the first time with a female partner who has been less-than-open to psychedelics in the past?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMr. Kite
Curious Newcomer
 User Gallery

Re: Talking your wife/gf/SO into trying entheogens? Some suggestions [Re: Kumara]
    #10176965 - 04/16/09 10:18 AM (15 years, 3 days ago)

This is a very interesting topic, as I am tripping in a few weeks with my girlfriend for (her) first time ever. I appreciate the advice about the spirituality, and also about the massage points. Her and I are both very physically oriented, so I think that ear and foot massages will do a world of good!

--------------------
"It doesn't really matter if I'm wrong/ I'm right. Where I belong I'm right."

Invisibleotherwhitemeat
Female User Gallery
Loc: Florida
Re: Talking your wife/gf/SO into trying entheogens? Some suggestions [Re: Kumara]
    #10177014 - 04/16/09 10:33 AM (15 years, 3 days ago)

hm. you sound like a cool person to have as a sitter, and i use some of these techniques for my own trips, but...

my wife definitely has NOT appreciated me paying any attention to her at all while beshroomed. says she feels like a bug under a magnifying glass for the least observation. it's been difficult to find a balance between supportive accessibility and controlling interference. part of it has been trouble with dosing -- she's like a horse in terms of needing A LOT to feel anything, and this always has me anxious about whether she's finally found her threshold, or will be thrashing around in low-dose land again.

also the premise "talking into trying" is questionable. if you get "talked into" something you're not so sure you want to experience, and the experience has scary/difficult parts, anger and hurt feelings are a natural consequence. those feelings while tripping ... watch out! so I wouldn't suggest "talking into" at all. tell it like it is, and if they want to try, it's their decision. never something you coax them into.

OfflinePatisotagami
Organism
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere Flag
Re: Talking your wife/gf/SO into trying entheogens? Some suggestions [Re: otherwhitemeat]
    #10177086 - 04/16/09 10:51 AM (15 years, 3 days ago)

i agree with your observation about the fact that NOBODY should have to be "talked into trying" a psychedelic. If a person desires to have their consciousness explored, they should take something with the help of an experienced sitter with a sound mind. There should be no "convincing" that needs to be done.

Along those lines, I went to a STS9 concert a few weeks back with my ex girlfriend, and we ended up doing X. It was her first drug besides pot, and my 2nd time with MDMA. I've also tripped several times off many compounds. However, it was a great way for her to ease herself into the world beyond our reality. She realized that everything was created through her brain, with the filter of an ego.

Now she wants to take mushrooms while we go camping, and I am more than happy to oblige. However, it is solely because she wants to. I would not ever want to have her tripping if she didn't sincerely want to. Psychedelics and empathogens can bring 2 souls very close together, but should NOT be used unless both parties are totally ready for the experience they bring.

--------------------
EVERYTHING IS EVERYTHING

OfflineKumara
Dragoness

Re: Talking your wife/gf/SO into trying entheogens? Some suggestions [Re: otherwhitemeat]
    #10177088 - 04/16/09 10:51 AM (15 years, 3 days ago)

I def agree with you...talking someone into anything is not my preferred method of recruiting cooperation :grin:  I was responding to the myriad posts I've read that started out, "I finally talked my wife into trying mushrooms..."

So, for the record, let me state....if you are trying to talk her into anything....you're off to a bad start. 

With your wife, OtherWM, you already have a history with her and preferences have been established. 
I wonder if, she's not picking up your anxiety about her state, and that's what is causing the 'bug under a microscope' feeling. 

I can totally identify with needing  A LOT to feel anything.  At some point, I had to draw the line for myself and just not even fuck around with anything less than 6g of mushies, no matter HOW many posts I read or people who told me, "Oh, yah, an 1/8th is way too freaking much!"  Worrying about whether I was crazy or something was wrong with me because I wasn't getting off on 4g, and whether it was irresponsible to get into my stash and bump the dose...CONSUMED the past few trips.  Until the other night, when I did 12g, and I lived and made it through, sanity intact, safe and sound, and still didn't get eaten by the couch or see the walls breathe or anything.  I just knelt on the ground and felt Divine Love.

Perhaps, what I'm really addressing, are the experiences where someone IS "talked into" the experience...and dealing with the aftermath?

Bah, now my head is all spinning and I'm sorry I started this thread...too many different ideas crowding in now, heh.

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Loc: North Alabama
    #10177404 - 04/16/09 11:50 AM (15 years, 3 days ago)

To each his own.

I think I would set myself up for a bad trip by following all that advice, much less involve someone else in a bunch of flaky customs.

If things get too intense, I just try to remind myself that I am safe.

I am not about to call out to the "angels."

That might freak me out worse.

I am not knocking anything you wish to practice, and I thank you for sharing this stuff, but this sounds like something Dharma's parents would do!

--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Talking your wife/gf/SO into trying entheogens? Some suggestions [Re: Swyfty Swyf]
    #10177586 - 04/16/09 12:28 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

she didn't need any talking into it: after seeing me trip she couldn't wait to try it out for herself. that time i was her sitter and she had an awesome time.

--------------------

OfflineKumara
Dragoness

Re: Talking your wife/gf/SO into trying entheogens? Some suggestions [Re: Swyfty Swyf]
    #10177661 - 04/16/09 12:48 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Swyfty Swyf said:
To each his own.

I think I would set myself up for a bad trip by following all that advice, much less involve someone else in a bunch of flaky customs.

If things get too intense, I just try to remind myself that I am safe.

I am not about to call out to the "angels."

That might freak me out worse.

I am not knocking anything you wish to practice, and I thank you for sharing this stuff, but this sounds like something Dharma's parents would do!

I'm not talking about *your* maps, I'm talking about asking what the other person's maps are, which may or may not involve angels, BatWoman, quarks and quasars, or Pink Apes.  The point is, they may not be YOUR beliefs or YOUR maps, but if they give comfort to the OTHER person, and you are lucid enough to lead them to remember and call out the icons that bring them comfort for themselves (not for or about YOU), then it can be very useful. 

I'm not talking about "customs", I'm talking about getting to know your tripping partner well enough that you can see things from her perspective and help her in a way that is meaningful to her.  I see so many people get locked up in communication, especially in trips, over differing maps and reality tunnels...

Angels may freak YOU out, but if you are with a partner who feels safe and protected by them, it would be useful to help her to remember to call them, for her own peace and well being.  Do you grok me?  I use angels as an example because that is the bs (belief system) I am most familiar with, but if I were tripping with someone who felt loved and safe with Cthulu, I wouldn't hesitate to remind him to focus on that. 

I'm not going to take a stand on any of my suggestions being right, my intention is to provoke people to think about how to handle situations with someone brand-new to entheogens...and to consider the other person might have a VASTLY different experience, and what works for person A may not be useful whatsoever to person B, and it's important to be able to see from more than one perspective.

Offlinenightbringer
shaman in training
Male User Gallery

#10177819 - 04/16/09 01:18 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

all it took to talk my girlfriend into trying entheogens was explaining to her that everything she heard about them in the past was propaganda. I have my "Introduction to Psychedelic Studies" class taught by Dr. Thomas Roberts that I took last year to thank for having so much sound, scientific, and convincing info about psychedelics. Once she knew that there was nothing to fear, she was more than willing to partake.

--------------------
OM MANI PADME HUM

Buddha of great compassion, hold me fast in your compassion. From time without beginning, beings have wandered in Samsara, undergoing unendurable suffering. They have no other protector than you. Please bless them that they may achieve the omniscient state of buddhahood.

With the power of evil karma gathered from beginningless time, sentient beings, through the force of anger, are born as hell beings and experience the suffering of heat and cold. May they all be born in your presence.

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

#10177859 - 04/16/09 01:27 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

Your original post sounds as if you expect people to follow your suggestions. 

I just wanted to voice that there are more light-hearted approaches to intoducing people to psychedelics, who feel inclined to partake.

Plenty of people have had first trips that went just fine without talking to mushrooms, taking epsom salt baths, and seeking positive energy from religious symbols.

If you are so open to "being able to see from more than one perspective," then why are you so defensive about my post?

--------------------

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

#10178097 - 04/16/09 02:08 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

Erm, Swyfty....

Seriously?

"First...determine whether the first-time user has particular religious/spiritual beliefs, and whether those beliefs include maps of some sort of protector icons" 

How does that AT ALL sound mandated..... "wether they have beliefs"........ wether those beliefs include.....

Wether = if.

Google it.

The very begining of the post says " I would like to OFFER >>>> SUGGESTIONS<<<<<< "

In your post, you switched the idea from being about the wifes beliefs.... to those beliefs freaking YOU out....

Defensive? or explainitory to someone who barely read the post they responded to.

Anywayz. Flame off..... this is a dumb arguement.

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
    #10178141 - 04/16/09 02:15 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

I recommend a funnel and something to ram the ethnos down her throat, maybe a plunger or broom handle?

OfflineKumara
Dragoness

#10178575 - 04/16/09 03:19 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

nightbringer said:
all it took to talk my girlfriend into trying entheogens was explaining to her that everything she heard about them in the past was propaganda. I have my "Introduction to Psychedelic Studies" class taught by Dr. Thomas Roberts that I took last year to thank for having so much sound, scientific, and convincing info about psychedelics. Once she knew that there was nothing to fear, she was more than willing to partake.

It has become glaringly apparent to me that using the phrase "talk into" was a very very poor choice of words!  I haven't writtten much for so long that when I do, all of the stuff that swirls around in my head comes out in print like :crazy2: sometimes.  I had no idea such courses were available!  That is so cool!  I plan to take my aged ass back to school in the next year or so...nursing or biochem (I want to learn EVERYTHING!), I'll keep an eye out for similar offerings.

Quote:

Swyfty Swyf said:

I just wanted to voice that there are more light-hearted approaches to intoducing people to psychedelics, who feel inclined to partake.

Plenty of people have had first trips that went just fine without talking to mushrooms, taking epsom salt baths, and seeking positive energy from religious symbols.

If you are so open to "being able to see from more than one perspective," then why are you so defensive about my post?

Interesting that it came across as defensive, although I did and do not feel that way.  I was attempting to clarify my intent and communication, as it seemed that I didn't communicate clearly in the original post, and it did seem kind of scattered when I re-read it.

Did the references to Pink Apes, Bat Woman, the Winged Gnome Goddess, and Cthulu not come across as light-hearted? 

I realize that hundreds of thousands of people have had fabulous first trips minus any of my suggestions, and I hope millions more continue to do so.  I was speaking to a very particular experience - where a couple trip together, one is experienced, one is a novice, the novice tending to be afraid of psychedelics and then finding herself in a bad trip and the partner wanting to help her out of it. 

I've seen several posts, where one is trying and trying and trying to help, and it seems that it just isn't helping because "he" is intellectualizing and "she" is just freaking the fuck out.  Females *generally* tend to respond to physical comfort very positively (and I understand that for every generalization, there are infinite exceptions).

Shadow, thank you for your clarity.

Swfty...
what methods have you used to help redirect a female romantic partner out of a bad trip?  Since comic book characters and spiritual traditions don't seem to be your thing, I am being sincere when I ask you for what has worked for you, since it sounds like you have had experiences that are very different from mine and can definitely add to my knowledge base.

OfflineT-Rex
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: NY
    #10178887 - 04/16/09 04:18 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

I've been trying to get my fiance to try psychedelics for years but she won't budge let, not even a joint. But ultimatley its her decision and I respect it,so I fall back and get loaded myself.

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

#10179283 - 04/16/09 05:16 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

Hey Kumara,

Just about every girl I've ever tripped with had a great time.  I used to go to alot of shows, and the girls I hung around always took it easy with low doses and kept mellow vibes with the friendly atmosphere.  Many times, it was me who overdid it, and ended up having difficult psychedelic experiences (see my journal).  However, it has been years since I have tripped with females privately. 

I have been with the same girl for 8 years now, and she has never taken psychedelics, but I have tripped hundreds of times, and continue to trip at age 30.  All the girls with whom I used to trip, over ten years ago, have probably stopped taking psychedelics besides rolls long ago, and who has a bad time on a roll? 

The one time I had to deal with a freaked-out partner, nothing seemed to chill her out.  My friend P and I had been tripping all day on two different kinds of blotter, back when we used to get sheets for $150 that were 2.5" x 2.5": standard-sized and super strong for $1.50 a hit.  Well, we made plans to have two girls come over, J and S, who were our on and off girlfriends.  J took one hit and for some reason, S took five hits.  It didn't seem like an unreasonable thing at the time.  P and I were well above five hits, and S had taken that much before.  She really liked acid.

Well, we were all having a grand old time for awhile, smoking big fat joints and playing quarters and listening to jellyroll-jazz playing on the black college radio station.  It really felt like we living out a night from the past, as if we were old souls watching ourselves enjoy the good ole days.  P and I were on the comedown from an intense day of watching Cleopatra-shaped storm clouds swirl around, and thinking the TV was speaking in code to us, so we were just happy riding out the ridiculousness of the day and kicking it with some cool chicks, as our creative, smartass personalities blossomed from the dwindling nuttiness we had witnessed.

As time passes, P and J head into a private room for some alone time, so they are gone, not to be disturbed.  Things were going great and S is enticing me into sleeping with her.  It was great!  I really felt like I loved this girl for a moment.  I wondered why we couldn't stay together.  We just hadn't been able to stay faithful to each other.

Well, this love story doesn't last long, because her acid is now kicking in full force, and she starts to cry, so game over on the sex.  She turned into an absolute mental patient.  Massages didn't work, smoking more chronic didn't work, letting her take a whirlpool bubble bath didn't help.  She kept coming up with the craziest ideas.  She thought I was an alien who abducted her and raped her, when she totally seduced me and played the part of a teasing sex kitten for at least ten minutes before instantly snapping into inconsolable "mom just died" crying.

She stayed that way the whole might and next morning.  When P and J took her home at about 11 AM, she was going from conspiracy to conspiracy, asking them things like "why did ya'll tape me and Swyfty Swyf having sex?  I knew ya'll were watching us in the other room laughing.  Are you gonna show that tape to my Mom?  I thought we were friends!"

I don't know if I added anything useful to this post, but here is my experience with "talking someone down," and it was obviously an epic fail.

I, on the other hand, have been alone and afraid in Wonderland many times, and I don't think I could have been talked down either.  Even when I know that it is temporary and it will pass, it is difficult to get through, because it doesn't seem like a trip: sometimes it feels as if I am looking into the mind of a madman, and the madman is me.

--------------------

OfflineKumara
Dragoness

#10181248 - 04/16/09 10:08 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

So would you say that it's fair to suggest, based on your experience, that just getting out of the way, and holding space and letting someone just feel how they feel and work their stuff out themselves, might also be useful?

That sounds like a very interesting experience...did she have an orgasm?  Sometimes orgasms bring me to tears and sometimes when I cry it's for no reason that I can think of, but I know that physically, it releases a great deal of stress chemicals so I just go with it and trust it's good for me.

Do you know about imprint vulnerability and Leary's 8-circuit model and all that?  It wouldn't surprise me that she may have been exploited sexually in the past, without remembering it...and since you felt the "old souls hanging out" vibe, it might have even been past life stuff coming up and freaking her out.  There is so much stuff our bodies hold on to, and we're told, no, you don't remember, your body doesn't remember, that's make-believe...bah.  One day we'll look back at our current medical practices as barbaric, the same way we think of bloodletting and lobotomies now.  But I digress.

So have you set any boundaries around initiating new sexual relationships while on entheogens?  Or has it even come up with anyone again?

I fell head over heels in love with someone once while on LSD, but we didn't have sex until later...and within 2 weeks had crossed a boundary of mine that was a dealbreaker (lied, out of fear, about sex, to someone else....not cool with me) so we shifted our relationship to a friendship and now he's my favorite running buddy :thumbup:

I think a lot of us think we're mad when we experience the acute awareness of our thoughts that certain chemicals induce, so many conflicting thoughts, disturbing thoughts, outrageous thoughts...I like to run my thoughts in my head on an LED scrolling banner, or imagine they are clouds, and watch them float by, and practice breathing and relaxing and detaching from them.  What we think of as insanity, may just be the chaos inherent in the yin/yang push/pull waves of consciousness.

Invisiblepolantis
Prototype v7.3 Alpha
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austraalis Flag
    #10182770 - 04/17/09 03:12 AM (15 years, 3 days ago)

I shroomed with my GF once, (her first time) and I guess me being 'the experienced' one, I was focussing on making sure she had a good trip. All good until the shrooms smacked me across the face and I had a really rough come up.
After that it was great. We had a blast just watching 'Milkdrop' and listening to tunes.

I highly suggest LOT's of pillows on the floor when tripping with your partner. :cuddles:

--------------------
We do not know what we want and yet we are responsible for what we are - that is the fact.
Jean-Paul Sartre

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

#10182835 - 04/17/09 03:39 AM (15 years, 3 days ago)

Yeah, you are on the money about S's history of sexual abuse, and no I didn't have the oppurtunity to bring her to orgasm.

I don't feel that I have any way to know if anything I did that night was useful.  I was strictly on damage control.  To wonder if my actions were useful in chilling her out is like wondering if an orderly in a mental hospital is successful in bringing a mental patient to terms with his psychosis.

I am just glad that I was able to keep her safe physically, yet she probably would have been just as safe if I would have left her alone to her own insanity.

She called me a day later and was really sweet and apologized for the way it all went down.  She really is a sweet girl and good friend, though we haven't spoke in a few years.  I am pretty sure that was the last time we ever had sex.

I wonder if an undeserved rape charge ever came from conditions like this.

--------------------

OfflineKumara
Dragoness

Re: Talking your wife/gf/SO into trying entheogens? Some suggestions [Re: polantis]
    #10183226 - 04/17/09 07:29 AM (15 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

polantis said:
I shroomed with my GF once, (her first time) and I guess me being 'the experienced' one, I was focussing on making sure she had a good trip. All good until the shrooms smacked me across the face and I had a really rough come up.
After that it was great. We had a blast just watching 'Milkdrop' and listening to tunes.

<snipped>
I highly suggest LOT's of pillows on the floor when tripping with your partner. :cuddles:

I've heard a lot about Milkdrop, I definitely want to check it out once I get real interwebs (long story).  This seems to support my own experiences that redirecting attention to something beautiful (esp moving light) can help stabilize an experience.

Pillows, YES!

So, was she gung ho and all about tripping with you?  What was the process like to get to that point?

Swfty, it's exactly situations like that which my former partner found himself in, that made him decide to never initiate a new sexual relationship with an otherwise non-romantic partner, on psychedelics.  It's actually one of the very few ideas about structured trips, that I found useful enough to incorporate into my own bs.

In this culture, many of us have been so fucked up about sex and violence and boundaries and are often so deeply wounded, that in the psychedelic experience, it is so very easy to continue a pattern in such a way as to cause maximum damage because we are so wide open.

For men, circumcision is usually the first experience where sex and violence meet.  It is a brutal experience, and if you really think about it...a baby, brand new to the world that only knows sensation, being cut and mutilated where he has the most nerve endings in his whole body?  Youch.  It imprints in the body and mind significantly.

If the first sexual experience for anyone is one where there is an imbalance of power, rape, a difference in maturity, even very rough, rigid or anxious handling of our genitals by our caregivers, then that also imprints on our body as what sex is supposed to be.

Children who are sexually abused get confusing messages like, "this is happening to you because i love you and you are special but i'll kill you if you tell", or, "it's your JOB to service me whether you like it or not" or "you're only valuable and only get positive attention from me if i can exploit you sexually" and the list of conflicting messages goes on and on and on.
It's absolute crazymaking stuff, and it is stunning how skillfully we can unconsciously recreate imprinted traumatic experiences while on psychedelics. 

Driving all of that, is the birth imprint...when a baby is born into bright light, getting hit, jostled and jerked around, pain, air forcefully sucked from it's lungs, paraded around the room and weighed and all kinds of other stuff before making it's way to Mom, that leaves a profound imprint on the limbic system, that the Universe Is a Scary Place. 

(Love and nurturing can overcome ANY trauma, though...conscious re-imprinting is possible as well.  Psychedelics are wonderful for creating "imprint vulnerability".)

It took me nearly five years of regular dosing with a former partner, having bad trip after bad trip, thinking I was doing something wrong and it will certainly get better this time....before I really awakened to the fact that I was continually recreating abusive experiences of my father.  My partner is a very very kind and compassionate, loving man, but on LSD, our woundedness dovetailed in such a way that I just brought out the absolutely worst in him, and made the decision to shift the nature of our relationship.

Please forgive what may seem like rambling....making peace with the enemies in my head, building my integrity,  and clearing out my crap using entheogens is a passion of mine:heart::mushroom2::heart::mushroom2:

Since I have been through so much, and have some clarity about the inner workings of some of these experiences, I feel the need to share what I've learned.  So many of us walk around fucking confused as hell....and I think that it's important to be aware of contributing factors that our culture generally denies and has been ignorant of.

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

#10183682 - 04/17/09 10:02 AM (15 years, 2 days ago)

Great post!  Sorry I was so argumentative about all this yesterday.

Do you usually take mushrooms?

In the past, I took alot of acid and not so much mushrooms, but nowadays I take Ayahusca and Salvia.  It has been years since I took mushrooms, but I want some again.

With Salvia, the halflife is so short that talking someone down is pointless, though they might talk your ear off afterward.  Set and setting are important for me.  I have a big cushy couch in a room with a vaulted ceiling, and I have always had wonderful trips in there.  I usually put on some ambient-chillout, to which I watch the walls collapse and reassemble, while an alternate reality opens up with its own space-time, and strange apparitions flutter by, amused by my presence.

The same setting is great for 'husca trips too.  I don't really follow all the instructions that people suggest, like never turning the TV on.  I just let the medicine take me over.  I don't feel that this means that I appreciate the brew any less.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate