Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

Re: Are you a parent that trips regularly? [Re: James420]
    #10179212 - 04/16/09 05:09 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

LOL so true

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekablamo
the Brave

Loc: Japan
    #10181794 - 04/16/09 11:36 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

James420 said:
its kinda ironic, when your a kid you try to hide the fact that you smoke pot and do psychedelics from your parents, but then further down the road you are a parent and are hiding it from you kids...

And then the cycle of shame starts again.  Come on people, what we are doing is not bad, it is not shameful, it is the oldest religion in the world.
Especially with pot, I mean, come on, how many of our parents have a few drinks around us as little kids?
Alcohol is a disgusting poison that turns people into monsters if you lose control of it, and I have the respect for it to know when to say when.  I drink in front of my kids and they understand that it's just one of the many pleasures of adulthood.  Same with cannabis, I go outside because of the smoke, obviously, but I'm not being naughty, and I don't have to hide what I enjoy doing from my children.  I guess I don't have the guilt complexes that some have.

The ONLY thing wrong with cannabis is that it is illegal.  If the government made it illegal to wear red pants on Thursday nights, you would have a ton of people wearing red pants on Thursday nights and feeling like they really were living life on the edge, and hiding from everyone.  You'd have people locked up in jail for the disgusting behavior of wearing red pants on Thursday nights in front of their children.

And yes, cannabis prohibition REALLY is that stupid.

If you keep passing the stigma along to your children, it will never die.

Invisibleotherwhitemeat
Female User Gallery
Loc: Florida
Re: Are you a parent that trips regularly? [Re: kablamo]
    #10181939 - 04/16/09 11:59 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

kablamo said:The ONLY thing wrong with cannabis is that it is illegal.

and the only reason i shroom in semi-secrecy is that it is illegal. it is not shame or stigma or whatever. it is covering my ass from the state, and from people ignorant and fearful enough to aid the state in its evil folly. period.

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

Re: Are you a parent that trips regularly? [Re: otherwhitemeat]
    #10183622 - 04/17/09 09:45 AM (15 years, 2 days ago)

I hear that Department of family children services is a BITCH from what I hear and I want nothing to do with that shit.I am a great father I support my family mentally and financially(that is up until about 2hrs ago I lost my job :frown: )and I would hate for some ignorant ass person to call on me.I smoke green but hide it from my child.I can see it now she gets in 2nd grade and DARE comes in and shows a picture of a bowel and she says "my daddy smokes one of those".You have to be smart about it for yours and your family's sake.

OfflineOzzy_shroomer
Mystery Machine
Male User Gallery

Loc: Summer All Year
Re: Are you a parent that trips regularly? [Re: DNBplus]
    #10186603 - 04/17/09 07:20 PM (15 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

You have to be smart about it for yours and your family's sake.

well put

--------------------

OfflineEat A Peach
Iconoclastic guerilla
Male

Loc: I can see my house from h...
Re: Are you a parent that trips regularily? [Re: OutThisLife]
    #10197091 - 04/19/09 06:11 PM (15 years, 4 hours ago)

My wife and I are in our mid-50s and trip on the B+ mushrooms that I grew. We have 2 daughters that are both away from home, one married and one in college. We used to do weed, coke and Quaaludes regularly and stopped before the first one was born. My wife started smoking weed again a few years ago, but I never wanted to go back to that.

About 2 years ago, I was seeing a psychiatrist and was taking Wellbutrin for depression. It basically left me without feelings, depression or otherwise. I started researching the use of hallucinogens for creative release and for offsetting depression. I read about studies in the 60s and more recently that indicated that certain hallucinogens (psilocybin) showed promise in treating depression and seemed to have no adverse effects. Based mostly on the information that I got from Shroomery, I grew the mushrooms in the back bedroom and eventually both kids found out about it. I talked to them and let them know why I was doing it and that we were very careful about their use. They were much cooler about it than I thought that they would be. Good for them.

We have never hidden our prior drug use from the kids, and were happy to discuss with them why we did them as well as why we stopped. Neither one has asked to trip on Dad's Shrooms, and may never want to, but we will address that issue if it ever comes up. My wife and I now trip about every 2 months when the set and setting is right and enjoy every minute of it.

EAP

--------------------
Look inside yourself, and if you don't see what you want,
Maybe sometimes then you don't,
But leave your mind alone and just get high.

Offlinepsichonaut
Stranger

Re: Are you a parent that trips regularily? [Re: Eat A Peach]
    #10199177 - 04/20/09 01:00 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

don't mean to off topic, but it seems all the drugs that the pharms want to cram down our throats don't do anything but create mindless subservient drones that pay their great-grandchildrens childrens bills. :hypno: :hypnotic:

--------------------
[gradient:#000000,#4DB2FF] Abstract analogy of everything & something.
inside a hat, three patterns converge
while absconding with aboriginal ways of breathing...
one comes to crescendo of maxims. [/gradient]

Offlinenessbeast
Madbeast
Female

#10199903 - 04/20/09 06:26 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

James420 said:
its kinda ironic, when your a kid you try to hide the fact that you smoke pot and do psychedelics from your parents, but then further down the road you are a parent and are hiding it from you kids...

Actually, I just had a convo with my father recently about that- though more along  the lines of, 'when we were kids, we tried to hide this from our parents. When you were young, we hid it from you-- now we're smoking with you.'

I don't have kids, but I see no reason why parents shouldn't indulge in psychedelics. :/ I mean, the issue with driving or if your kid needs to go to the hospital, that would be a problem, but if you wait for them to be staying with friends or family, there's really no issue. :3 My father shared with my siblings and I the fact that he smoked pot when we became legal, and it's become something of a bonding ritual in my family now. He was never one for psychedelics, or else I suspect those would be the same way.

InvisibleMelusina
Male
gone *DELETED* [Re: otherwhitemeat]
    #10200082 - 04/20/09 07:35 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by Melusina

Reason for deletion: only way

Edited by Melusina (03/13/12 03:11 PM)

OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

Loc: AustinDenverLA
Re: Are you a parent that trips regularly? [Re: Melusina]
    #10200112 - 04/20/09 07:45 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I used to trip twice a week. Once my child was conceived (not even born) I pretty much stopped tripping altogether.I have only tripped about once or twice a year since then.

Truthfully though, it could just have just coincidentally been timed up with the time when I was done with tripping. Now, I am always in a mindset that I use to trip to try and achieve. If I were to try and trip very often, I think it would feel as a distraction to my own trip in my head always goin on :crazy2:

NOwadays I just smoke dank all day long and it keeps me exactly where I wanna be. Besides a good PE trip with some DMT every once in a while.

--------------------

Invisibleold mushmellow
mushmaker
Male User Gallery

Loc: the dome
Re: Are you a parent that trips regularly? [Re: LightShedder]
    #10200171 - 04/20/09 08:02 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Before the children came along I tripped regularly. After the kids were born I had allot more responsibility and I only tripped occasionally when the kids were at the grandparents. Kids don't need to see tripping mom and pop, it could confuse or frighten them.
My children are grown now but my daughter doesn't like the idea so I don't expose her to it.
On the other hand my son has tried psychedelics a few times.
When the kids were growing up I never tried to hide smoking grass from them and it was one of the smartest thing I ever did. They grew up well adjusted and have gone on to be successful young adults.

OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

Loc: AustinDenverLA
Re: Are you a parent that trips regularly? [Re: old mushmellow]
    #10205765 - 04/21/09 07:46 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I'm worried about them saying something to the wrong adult about "daddy smoking that green stuff" so my wife and I no longer engage in the herb around our son.

--------------------

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

Re: Are you a parent that trips regularly? [Re: LightShedder]
    #10205904 - 04/21/09 08:44 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I have a 9 year old niece and she has attended DARE since 1st grade.WTF! Why would you teach 1st graders about drugs?I think its so they can narc on mom and dad when not really knowing what they are doing.

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
    #10206046 - 04/21/09 09:28 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DNBplus said:
I have a 9 year old niece and she has attended DARE since 1st grade.WTF! Why would you teach 1st graders about drugs?I think its so they can narc on mom and dad when not really knowing what they are doing.

And what happens when this kid grows up and realizes they sent their parents to prison over some pot? Can you imagine the guilt and anger they would feel? How would the extended family treat the child? Sure, they would understand they are 'just a kid' but there would definitely be some resentment.

Tricking a kid into narcing on their parents is just as shameful as tricking them to undress. The government's use of the innocent minds of children is sickening.

Anyway, its good to see so many people who are responsible parents yet still trip. Im not a parent, but i'm going to make sure my kids get drug information, not propaganda, so they can make their own choices.

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

Offlinesandman_130
Neo-Classical Spiritualist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Are you a parent that trips regularily? [Re: OutThisLife]
    #10206085 - 04/21/09 09:36 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I have a 2 year old son and a 1 year old daughter.

I still trip about every 2 months. After the birth of my first child, my wife would just spend the night at her mother's with baby, since we lived in an apartment at the time.

It is not wise to trip in the same house as a newborn, I never have, but the last thing I want to hear is a baby crying....sometimes they just cry and don't stop until they are tired. So never put yourself in that situation.

We have been living in a house for a year now, and I have a nice room set up in the basement.

I usually trip right after putting the kids to bed. (With my wife home of course) Now that they aren't "babies" anymore, they don't get up during the night. I am a very quiet tripper and even if I was loud you can't really hear anything from how far I am away.

If I put the kids to bed at 9, get ready and dose at 10 or 11. I am always up in the morning when they wake up, (I feel the effects until I fall asleep) Playing with the kids is the best comedown ever. You feel so far apart from them during the trip, and then to get to see them first thing is great.

My wife was well aware of my passion of psychedelics when we first met, she's cool with it. It's just all about balance in your life once you have kids. I used to trip about every 2 weeks if I had the chance. Now it can be once a month or once every 4 months, either way the trips are still great.

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

:sunny::mushroom2:Maria Sabina:mushroom2::sunny:

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

Re: Are you a parent that trips regularly? [Re: Green_T]
    #10206094 - 04/21/09 09:38 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

And what I am about to say I think is true and not an excuse.My parents did not teach me about drugs, DARE did and DARE class sparked my interest in drugs.I have always been a rebellious person so when I was told what psychedelics do to at age 10 and how weed is not physically addictive it sound quit intriguing.So I think DARE class is to blame for setting that fork in the road of life if you know what I mean.But I am a big boy and realize that the choices and decisions I make in life are mine and I cannot blame anyone but myself,but DARE class helped :smile:

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

Re: Are you a parent that trips regularily? [Re: sandman_130]
    #10206129 - 04/21/09 09:45 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

right on man that's about how I do it and I agree with everything you just said.For me seeing your child or even hearing your child crying or upset is not a pleasant sight( while tripping)so its best to dose after hours and and if you dont get any sleep that night,just deal with it cause its part of being a parent who continues to enjoy psychedelics.I belive the next day haze is also fun  while playing with your kids,for me it allows me to loosen up and some up get more on there level so to speak(act like a kid).

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
    #10206164 - 04/21/09 09:56 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I hear ya DNBplus!

I grew up overseas, and spent my freshman to senior years of highschool in a country that had the death penalty for drugs, weed included. The propaganda there made DARE propaganda look like Terrance McKenna speeches. It was the type of country that called any drug user an "addict" and things like that. News stories would say "4 marijuana addicts were caught smuggling 100 grams of the substance, and will be put to death". When I was there the government was trying to execute an 18 year old German student for drugs, but the German government put a lot of pressure on them and they ended up exiling her for life. They give you the death penalty for smuggling even if you are transiting through the country and don't even get off the plane!

This did nothing to deter my desire to try drugs. I've always been a curious and inquisitive person, and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. If the government wants to kill you for using a substance, that just puts mystique on the substance. You can't make drugs unappealing to rebellious or curious people.

My mother told me that because "Catcher in the Rye" was banned when she was younger, she really wanted to read it. Its the same mentality that gets many people interested in drugs as a teen.

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

Offlinekablamo
the Brave

Loc: Japan
Re: Are you a parent that trips regularly? [Re: Green_T]
    #10209312 - 04/21/09 06:44 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Green_T said:

I grew up overseas, and spent my freshman to senior years of highschool in a country that had the death penalty for drugs, weed included.

Dude, you gotta tell me where this is!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds