Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site

Re: alcoholic relapse [Re: Gumby]
    #10171474 - 04/15/09 01:05 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

my dts was convulsions, mild hallucinations patterns standing out, hypertensions, weak and shakey sometimes, profuse sweating, vomitting, diarrhea, mild visuals but the dimentia part was really intense, and sometimes vertigo to where i couldnt leave the bed for a few days or i would fall over puking and couldnt tell whats up or down within seconds of standing up

i pretty much drank til alcohol wasnt doing anything anymore, my body just felt like shit, so i kept drinking alot and then stopped and got all these terrible nightmares and then all those horrible symptoms and nothing could stop them not even more alcohol so i rode it out took lsd and while with lucy i poured out a gallon or so of vodka and swore to never touch the shit again

3 years later i was back and im still drinking quite often but this is the point where it starts to get bad, ima try to hold off if i can, wmaynbe wean down some but im drunk right now so shoot me plz

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineI AM SWIM
doin' thangs
 User Gallery

Loc: Feels Changsta Man
Re: alcoholic relapse [Re: CptnGarden]
    #10171536 - 04/15/09 01:12 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

CptnGarden said:
my dts was convulsions, mild hallucinations patterns standing out, hypertensions, weak and shakey sometimes, profuse sweating, vomitting, diarrhea, mild visuals but the dimentia part was really intense, and sometimes vertigo to where i couldnt leave the bed for a few days or i would fall over puking and couldnt tell whats up or down within seconds of standing up

i pretty much drank til alcohol wasnt doing anything anymore, my body just felt like shit, so i kept drinking alot and then stopped and got all these terrible nightmares and then all those horrible symptoms and nothing could stop them not even more alcohol so i rode it out took lsd and while with lucy i poured out a gallon or so of vodka and swore to never touch the shit again

3 years later i was back and im still drinking quite often but this is the point where it starts to get bad, ima try to hold off if i can, wmaynbe wean down some but im drunk right now so shoot me plz

Are these extreme effects something you get from long-term abuse? (and the withdrawals kick your ass from all the abuse in the past? or do u drink so much all the time, it develops anyway? How much do u usually drink? I never had these kind of effects, and hope I never will. I'm just curious cuz I was recently in a discussion with a friend about this.

It all started because I was wondering how u stop the urge to drink, because I can stop it for so long, but the urge always comes back.

But the discussion actually took the urge away, which was cool, but it's really hard.

--------------------

OfflineDrunken_Jester
Resident Opiphille
Male

Loc: San Diego, CA
Re: alcoholic relapse [Re: I AM SWIM]
    #10171582 - 04/15/09 01:18 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Oh ok I know what DTs are. Dude man if you're getting like that even after 3 years you should consider going to a doc. I never really got that bad cause I don't consider myself an alcoholic that needs it to function, I just abuse the hell out of it at night not all day everyday. The worst I get is mental withdrawal like I start thinking about it a lot that I usually act on the thought and insomnia, sometimes if I drink a lot of vodka on a weekend all day bender my skin feels shaky and flushed and overall I'm off balance, but nothing like you described.

They have detox pills for alch now, I'm not sure if you have insurance. Peace.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site

Re: alcoholic relapse [Re: I AM SWIM]
    #10171597 - 04/15/09 01:21 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

ive said this all before
I drank like a 5th a tequila everyday for like 8 months and all of a sudden no matter how much alcohol i drank i didnt feel satisfied in my cravings, like i totally filled my brain with receptors or something and couldnt keep up with the intake, the only thing i could really do was detox at that point, and once all that shit started nothing could stop it not even more alcohol so i just let it happen and swore off it afterwards

its not like heroin withdrawls!!! alcohol withdrawl can fuckin kill you/stop your heart/dehydrate/starve you to death!
i was in bad bad shape, i dont know why im back here drinking so much

OfflineI AM SWIM
doin' thangs
 User Gallery

Loc: Feels Changsta Man
Re: alcoholic relapse [Re: CptnGarden]
    #10171625 - 04/15/09 01:25 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

CptnGarden said:
ive said this all before
I drank like a 5th a tequila everyday for like 8 months and all of a sudden no matter how much alcohol i drank i didnt feel satisfied in my cravings, like i totally filled my brain with receptors or something and couldnt keep up with the intake, the only thing i could really do was detox at that point, and once all that shit started nothing could stop it not even more alcohol so i just let it happen and swore off it afterwards

its not like heroin withdrawls!!! alcohol withdrawl can fuckin kill you/stop your heart/dehydrate/starve you to death!
i was in bad bad shape, i dont know why im back here drinking so much

I see, yeah drinking a 5th a day for that long, has got to not be good at all.

That's why alcohol can be so bad if it is in the wrong hands, I really hope you stop or cut back soon.

You can't go through what you have already gone through again dude.

Just be careful, because what your doing is slow suicide.

--------------------

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: alcoholic relapse [Re: CptnGarden] * 1
    #10171659 - 04/15/09 01:32 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Relapse is by definition when you slip back into an addiction.
At a certain point this term acts as a final alarm bell.
Are you at that point?

There are shades of gray on the way there, and they are all warning signs, but not all are relapses. If you've overcome it once, you have gained knowledge. If you've gained knowledge, odds are you're catching yourself much quicker this go round. Don't be too hasty to label yourself as right back where you were, but rather take note of where you currently are. The fact that you describe it as a relapse makes me think that you're feeling it's getting out of hand. It may not be out of hand just yet, but since you know where that road leads, you better be careful.

Good luck.

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

InvisibleSwyfty Swyf
Shrugsy Shrugs

Loc: North Alabama
Re: alcoholic relapse [Re: Kickle]
    #10171890 - 04/15/09 02:15 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I used to drink habitually, and maybe I still do, though it is on a much smaller scale, thank goodness.

I quit drinking and drugs when I was 24 and I didn't start back until I was almost 28.

I am 30 now, but I don't consider myself relapsed.

In the past two years, I have only drank myself to a hangover 3 times, where going to work was out of the question.

As I have gotten older, I find myself leaving alcohol alone usually when I start to buzz. 

It might be because I know I have an addictive personality, so I am always analyzing my actions in an effort to refrain from overdoing it.

I hope you can find some kind of healthy medium, Cptn.

Over a million people resort to the rooms though (AA).

--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom