Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineUserNameTaken
Stranger
 User Gallery

Injestion question..any suggestions?
    #10164332 - 04/14/09 02:05 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I've read many different threads on dosage. Just asking your guys' views.

When eating mushrooms, what determines the trip? Is it simply weight of total mushrooms? Are there any factors on what part of the mushroom you eat causing you to trip harder or longer? i.e. Will I trip more if I eat all caps? i.e. If i only eat stems can I trip?

Thanks,
Hans

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedrummerdude49
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: stockton, CA
Re: Injestion question..any suggestions? [Re: UserNameTaken]
    #10164417 - 04/14/09 02:16 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

the dose and your mindset are the 2 biggest factors imo.

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: Injestion question..any suggestions? [Re: drummerdude49]
    #10164478 - 04/14/09 02:23 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Caps vs. stems = hogwash.

stems usually have more weight, so If you WANT all caps.... you are welcome to them, I will trip harder off the stems. :grin:

I DO think wet vs. dry makes a difference, wet ones blow me away, comes on strong and fast. dry ones, a bit more languid(not 100% sure thats a word.) I have had my best visuals from wet.

Besides the genetic qualities of the mushroom itself, dose, set, setting.

Setting will include wether you have eaten a large meal recently. or have opted for lemon tek or maoi introduction, or any other various ingestion method.

--------------------
Nothing I write on Shroomery's message boards or in private messages are true.  I am fucking crazy and I make all this shit up because I can.

[quote]sploogepanz55 said:
^^^ haha what a bummer, shad0w. All this talk about dying. :smile:
[/quote]

[quote]psychoanomaly said:
And so, I feel your intolerance and phobia towards rectal administration of psychedelics is a violation of the music of the spheres :rolleyes:[/quote]

[quote]shroom_sandwich said:
I could have sworn I seen a thread about a guy saying his dog killed the neighbors chickens earlier....[/quote]

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Loc: 0.0.0.1
Re: Injestion question..any suggestions? [Re: Shad0w]
    #10164577 - 04/14/09 02:36 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

maoi+shrooms is one hell of a mindfuck.

Offlineteeter
Mindfucked
Male User Gallery

Loc: Philadelphia PA
Re: Injestion question..any suggestions? [Re: Innoculus]
    #10164615 - 04/14/09 02:42 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I'm pretty sure caps have a notably higher potency than stems, however you should keep in mind a few things:

1.) The stems still give you a trip, they are only slighly less potent, so it would be wasteful to not use stems.

2.) It will be much harder to judge dose with just caps. When people talk dosage they assume you are eating caps and stems, if you eat caps, you will have to reduce weight. Since you don't know the exact difference in potency between caps and stems (it varies from shroom to shroom), you will over or under shoot your intended trip intensity.

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern." - William Blake

"Psychedelics helped me to escape.. albeit momentarily.. from the prison of my mind. It over-rode the habit patterns of thought and I was able to taste innocence again. Looking at sensations freshly without the conceptual overlay was very profound." - Ram Das

Offlineepilogue
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Injestion question..any suggestions? [Re: UserNameTaken]
    #10164655 - 04/14/09 02:50 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

UserNameTaken said:

When eating mushrooms, what determines the trip? Is it simply weight of total mushrooms? Are there any factors on what part of the mushroom you eat causing you to trip harder or longer? i.e. Will I trip more if I eat all caps? i.e. If i only eat stems can I trip?

Thanks,
Hans

Weight, potency of crop/individual fruit bodies and strain.
Just eat the whole mushroom ( I think there is a discrepancy in potency between stems/caps but its usually too small to matter)

Offlineteeter
Mindfucked
Male User Gallery

Loc: Philadelphia PA
Re: Injestion question..any suggestions? [Re: epilogue]
    #10169385 - 04/15/09 03:15 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

epilogue said:
Quote:

UserNameTaken said:

Thanks,
Hans

Weight, potency of crop/individual fruit bodies and strain.
Just eat the whole mushroom ( I think there is a discrepancy in potency between stems/caps but its usually too small to matter)

Actually, I saw a thread discussing a scientific test of cap vs stem potency and there was a notable increase in psilocybin/psilocin, but the difference between cap and stem varied greatly in different grows and strains. The stems still get you tripping and since everyone talks dosage assuming that you are eating the whole shroom, its better to just eat the whole shroom.

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern." - William Blake

"Psychedelics helped me to escape.. albeit momentarily.. from the prison of my mind. It over-rode the habit patterns of thought and I was able to taste innocence again. Looking at sensations freshly without the conceptual overlay was very profound." - Ram Das

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag