Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlineinkblot
Stranger

Teabagging Joe Biden, courtesy of the Republican National Committee
    #10167863 - 04/14/09 10:59 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

http://teaparty.gop.com
Quote:

Dear President Obama, Vice President Biden, Senator Reid & Speaker Pelosi,

I do not believe that it is patriotic to pay more taxes. And I do not approve of the $1.4 trillion in new taxes, $636 billion in higher energy taxes, the staggering redistribution of wealth and wasteful spending you are prescribing as a cure for the economic crisis.

To hold the Democrats in Washington accountable for their record tax, spend and borrow schemes, I am sending a virtual tea bag to protest your plans to raise taxes on every American this Tax Day.

Sincerely,

(Your Name)

Half of you will use your real name and email address, and half will use "Michael Steele" and "glennbeck@foxnews.com".

Also, Obama's going to raise taxes for everyone? :eek:

Edited by inkblot (04/14/09 11:08 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblebiggyfred
Stranger
Re: Teabagging Joe Biden, courtesy of the Republican National Committee [Re: inkblot]
    #10169875 - 04/15/09 09:09 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

That's right libertarians. Look at the chain mail joke your tea party has become.

Go over to the GOP site and sign your name on the line. Don't forget to give them real info so they can beg for money for eternity.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: Teabagging Joe Biden, courtesy of the Republican National Committee [Re: inkblot]
    #10171230 - 04/15/09 01:33 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Perhaps I'm a bit vain, but I pay careful attention to my 'vote ups'.  Please feel free to 'vote up' a post that you like - I won't tell anyone.  :smirk:

Offlinesupernovasky
Comrade
 User Gallery

Loc: Louisiana
LOL @ teabagging parties [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #10171691 - 04/15/09 02:38 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

They're not too good at this teabagging thing. All of the coverage that I'm seeing seems to be pretty humorous-to-neutral, very little going good for these parties. A lot of them are massively under-attended... and catch this:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30227452/
Quote:

Plan to dump million tea bags foiled
In Washington, D.C., protesters had planned to dump a million tea bags in Lafayette Square and even promised to put the bags on the tarps and clean up afterward. But their plans were thwarted after National Park Service officials said protesters didn't have the proper permit to dump the bags, NBC affiliate WRC TV reported.

"We have a million tea bags here, and we don't have a place to put them because it's not on our permit," said Rebecca Wales, lead organizer of D.C. Tea Party.

A D.C. think tank, the free market Competitive Enterprise Institute, said it would allow the dumping of the tea bags in its 12th floor conference room instead.

At the Lafayette Square protest, someone reportedly threw a box of tea bags over a White House fence, forcing the Secret Service to briefly evacuate the North Lawn area.

A second D.C. rally that had been planned outside the Treasury Department also was foiled by the lack of a permit.

Protests were also held in recent days, including on Tuesday when about 200 people gathered at the Missouri state Capitol, but Wednesday's actions were much larger and more widespread.

--------------------

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: LOL @ teabagging parties [Re: supernovasky]
    #10172147 - 04/15/09 04:08 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

supernovasky said:
They're not too good at this teabagging thing.

All of the coverage that I'm seeing seems to be pretty humorous-to-neutral, very little going good for these parties. A lot of them are massively under-attended...

check out fox news live. looks like thousands in attendance at
my GREAT home town of san Antonio Texas.  :thumbup:

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: Teabagging Joe Biden, courtesy of the Republican National Committee [Re: biggyfred]
    #10172189 - 04/15/09 04:15 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

biggyfred said:
That's right libertarians. Look at the chain mail joke your tea party has become.

Go over to the GOP site and sign your name on the line. Don't forget to give them real info so they can beg for money for eternity.

How about you support your premises?

Or are you the fucking joke?

And newsflash:  nobody gives a shit about the party they care about the ideas.

Offlinesupernovasky
Comrade
 User Gallery

Re: LOL @ teabagging parties [Re: lonestar2004]
    #10172323 - 04/15/09 04:40 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:
Quote:

supernovasky said:
They're not too good at this teabagging thing.

All of the coverage that I'm seeing seems to be pretty humorous-to-neutral, very little going good for these parties. A lot of them are massively under-attended...

check out fox news live. looks like thousands in attendance at
my GREAT home town of san Antonio Texas.  :thumbup:

LOL!

Fox news was caught inflating the numbers.

Quote:

Here's Fox News host Neil Cavuto talking with a producer at 12:10PM, caught on a live mic (update: Cavuto was in Sacramento):

Quote:

CAVUTO: Any estimates on how many people are here?

PRODUCER: No, we're trying to get...

CAVUTO: There's gotta' be 5,000.

PRODUCER: Oh, at least. You know, I mean the cops aren't going to tell us, and we've been trying to get ahold of the PR person to give us their number, but I think 5,000. You can say it's starting at 5,000 [unintelligble, but sounds like "and maybe it's more."].

And here's Cavuto less than ten minutes later.

Quote:

CAVUTO: I know you cover a lot of these things Shep, so you're probably better at estimating crowd sizes than I am. They were expecting 5,000 here, it's got to be easily double, if not triple that.

To recap: off-air, Cavuto is recorded estimating the crowd at 5,000, perhaps slightly more. On-air, Cavuto says the crowd is "easily" double or triple that.

Fox News, they report...you decide.

From dailykos. You can watch a video of the slip here:

http://www.dailykostv.com/w/001168/

--------------------

Invisiblebiggyfred
Stranger
Re: Teabagging Joe Biden, courtesy of the Republican National Committee [Re: johnm214]
    #10172374 - 04/15/09 04:50 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

How about you support your premises? Or are you the fucking joke?

I don't get it. I don't support the premise.
Quote:

And newsflash:  nobody gives a shit about the party they care about the ideas.

If by nobody, you mean people not in a position of power, then yes I agree with you.

I appreciate that people seem to be really into this. I don't get it, but to each their own. What I fail to see is how this is going to change the position of the executive or legislative bodies other than token appreciation and canned responses on their part. I'm just being honest here.

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

#10172416 - 04/15/09 04:59 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

the event in san Antonio has not even started yet and my friend on the scene (who works in the entertainment business) estimates the early crowd to be around 5000. you can call him a liar i really dont give a shit, but its fascinating to watch you demeanor people protesting CORPORATE WELFARE!

fascinating.

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Teabagging Joe Biden, courtesy of the Republican National Committee [Re: biggyfred]
    #10172433 - 04/15/09 05:03 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

?  I asked you to support the premises your point depends on as I disagree that they are correct.

Things like this do more than aim to change the executive or legislative viewpoints, they get people to exchange ideas and become confident in opposing what viewpoints have been ignored for so long.

I'm a bit disgusted by the republican machine's hijacking of this movement.  They have NO room to speak about any of these goals.  The party itself and most of its members should be utterly ignored and humiliated for thier purported support of these functions.

Its just another example of the duopoly of false choice getting people to fight each other so the politicians win.  Why worry about changing your winning formula when just showing up at rallies and giving talking point speeches will get people to support you regardless of your actual actions?

The republicans see an opportunity to grab some exposure and so they whore themselves out to these events. 

And all the reasonable people will think "wait, the republicans are running this event?  What a joke, why would I even bother participating in the democratic process" when they should really think- how stupid do the republicans think I am?  I'm ignoring political party and voting my interests/ voting third party.

I am a bit disgusted by the attacks on these people, however.  There's a number of people in the liberal websites who seem to just want to attack this movement by transposing "tea bagers" with "republicans" and proceeding on their usual smear campaigns that attack someone's party rather than propose what the correct course is or what group is the correct one to support.

If you have two identical groups they can both do this and harras the other for the faults they share with them.  Then the idiots watching think "oh wow, they suck" rather than "oh, is the attacker any different?".

Lets look beyond party people.  Their are ideas being presented that should be evaluated on their merits.

Offlinesupernovasky
Comrade
 User Gallery

Re: LOL @ teabagging parties [Re: lonestar2004]
    #10172442 - 04/15/09 05:05 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:
the event in san Antonio has not even started yet and my friend on the scene (who works in the entertainment business) estimates the early crowd to be around 5000. you can call him a liar i really dont give a shit, but its fascinating to watch you demeanor people protesting CORPORATE WELFARE!

fascinating.

Lets use loaded phrases like CORPORATE WELFARE to make our position seem more legitimate!

Or...

Maybe there is an equally legitimate school of thought that believes the government should get involved in the market whenever the market is experiencing massive, multi-sector losses.

I honestly don't care about the protests, I find them funny. Never mind that the original boston tea party was over a tax CUT. The degree of the tax cut was different for the colonies and less than the tax cut on the British homeland. I just think that this whole protest has become a laughing stock.

--------------------

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

#10172444 - 04/15/09 05:06 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

supernovasky said:
very little going good for these parties. A lot of them are massively under-attended...

San Antonio Tea Party: KSAT 12 news Aerial Shot. Thousands packing Alamo Plaza hours before the event.

http://twitpic.com/3dasl

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
    #10172496 - 04/15/09 05:18 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

supernovasky said:
I just think that this whole protest has become a laughing stock.

C'mon now.  You probably only watch all those channels that don't claim to be "fair and balanced".  Fox is taking it very seriously.  :rofl2:

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Perhaps I'm a bit vain, but I pay careful attention to my 'vote ups'.  Please feel free to 'vote up' a post that you like - I won't tell anyone.  :smirk:

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10172509 - 04/15/09 05:20 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

supernovasky said:
Quote:

lonestar2004 said:

fascinating.

Lets use loaded phrases like CORPORATE WELFARE to make our position seem more legitimate!

Or...

Maybe there is an equally legitimate school of thought that believes the government should get involved in the market whenever the market is experiencing massive, multi-sector losses.

I honestly don't care about the protests, I find them funny. Never mind that the original boston tea party was over a tax CUT. The degree of the tax cut was different for the colonies and less than the tax cut on the British homeland. I just think that this whole protest has become a laughing stock.

What I think is sad is people like you make claims that "perhaps their is an equally legitimate school of though where..." and then denigrates the people who are taking action to persuade and mobilize people believing in their model.

I just don't get your smug condemnations of these events at all.  It just seems like brash arrogance to me.

Offlinesupernovasky
Comrade
 User Gallery

Re: LOL @ teabagging parties [Re: johnm214]
    #10172629 - 04/15/09 05:41 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:
Quote:

supernovasky said:
very little going good for these parties. A lot of them are massively under-attended...

San Antonio Tea Party: KSAT 12 news Aerial Shot. Thousands packing Alamo Plaza hours before the event.

Wow, look! It takes up an entire 1.3 blocks!

-_-

Quote:

johnm214 said:
Quote:

supernovasky said:
Quote:

lonestar2004 said:

fascinating.

Or...

What I think is sad is people like you make claims that "perhaps their is an equally legitimate school of though where..." and then denigrates the people who are taking action to persuade and mobilize people believing in their model.

I just don't get your smug condemnations of these events at all.  It just seems like brash arrogance to me.

I have not done or referred to these events any differently than organizers for the event themselves. When I joke about teabagging, its light hearted humor not meant to be taken seriously. If they want to get together and teabag, and call it teabagging Obama and teabagging Joe Biden, teabag away, thats what I say. I'm not going to stop their efforts to mobilize thousands of republicans... oh, excuse me, "Free marketers," from engaging in synchronized teabagging. I'm simply pointing out that the numbers attending these events are inflated by Fox news, which seems to be the only news network giving this tiny ass sorry excuse for a protest coverage.

Of course, when they DO give it coverage, they edit out things that might make the movement seem bad. At least when CNN covers it, they'll show you the people in the crowd with Obama/hitler signs.

For instance, look at the fox news coverage of a reporter vs. a protester, and then look at the CNN coverage. The Fox news coverage cuts out the whole reason for the reporter vs. protester... the protester was holding an Obama hitler sign.

http://www.thefoxnation.com/anti-tax-tea-party/2009/04/15/cnn-accosts-tea-party-protester

Now... watch the WHOLE clip

http://www.dailykostv.com/w/001167/

and see what fox news cut out :smile:

Could it be the guy trying to call Obama hitler?

Just know this, teabaggers, millions of people are watching, and well... they're not seeing a legitimate school of thought being offered like John seems to think you guys are offering. They're seeing nothing but loony comparisons between Obama and Hitler, they are seeing claims that Obama and the libruls are engaging in mind control through tv boxes, they are seeing people saying "BURN THE BOOKS!" in response to students going to college and being "indoctrinated" by liberals, and its simply not pretty.

For the book burning thing:

--------------------

Offlineinkblot
Stranger

#10172889 - 04/15/09 06:19 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Woah, don't judge an entire movement based off one person.

Offlinesupernovasky
Comrade
 User Gallery

Re: LOL @ teabagging parties [Re: inkblot]
    #10172937 - 04/15/09 06:27 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

inkblot said:
Woah, don't judge an entire movement based off one person.

I'm more judging Fox's coverage and editing out anything negative about the movement.

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #10173147 - 04/15/09 07:01 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

supernovasky said:
Quote:

lonestar2004 said:
Quote:

supernovasky said:

Wow, look! It takes up an entire 1.3 blocks!

-_-

Quote:

johnm214 said:
Quote:

supernovasky said:
Quote:

lonestar2004 said:

fascinating.

Or...

I have not done or referred to these events any differently than organizers for the event themselves. When I joke about teabagging, its light hearted humor not meant to be taken seriously. If they want to get together and teabag, and call it teabagging Obama and teabagging Joe Biden, teabag away, thats what I say. I'm not going to stop their efforts to mobilize thousands of republicans... oh, excuse me, "Free marketers," from engaging in synchronized teabagging. I'm simply pointing out that the numbers attending these events are inflated by Fox news, which seems to be the only news network giving this tiny ass sorry excuse for a protest coverage.

Of course, when they DO give it coverage, they edit out things that might make the movement seem bad. At least when CNN covers it, they'll show you the people in the crowd with Obama/hitler signs.

For instance, look at the fox news coverage of a reporter vs. a protester, and then look at the CNN coverage. The Fox news coverage cuts out the whole reason for the reporter vs. protester... the protester was holding an Obama hitler sign.

http://www.thefoxnation.com/anti-tax-tea-party/2009/04/15/cnn-accosts-tea-party-protester

Now... watch the WHOLE clip

http://www.dailykostv.com/w/001167/

and see what fox news cut out :smile:

Could it be the guy trying to call Obama hitler?

Just know this, teabaggers, millions of people are watching, and well... they're not seeing a legitimate school of thought being offered like John seems to think you guys are offering. They're seeing nothing but loony comparisons between Obama and Hitler, they are seeing claims that Obama and the libruls are engaging in mind control through tv boxes, they are seeing people saying "BURN THE BOOKS!" in response to students going to college and being "indoctrinated" by liberals, and its simply not pretty.

For the book burning thing:

WOW! For something so insignificant, that you can care less about,  you sure are spending a lot of time paying attention to following the slightest details of it. :smirk:

Laugh all you want. I do not find the indebtness of Americans not even born yet very funny.

How fucked up is a system where people will be born into this country already heavily in debt. Free my ASS???

Keep getting your way and your working grandchildren will be handing 90% of their pay check over to the government, while a loaf of bread will cost them $30. That is, if there will be any jobs or even a soverign country left after it's all been handed over to the Chinese.

Why are companies running across borders? They can't compete with the taxes being charged here. Why are they charged high taxes? To cover excesive government spending. Your grandkids will be paying for a massage some AIG shmuck got a resort last fall. :thumbup: Real funny.

Short sighted people can not see the cliff they are speeding towards.

Some of us just want for short sighted types to put the brakes on before we all fall into the drink with you.

Yeah Fox news sucks. What do they have to do with people who do not want their grandchildren to become economic slaves to China? I bitched no differently when big spending Bush was in. They all suck.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineTGRR
Horrible Bastard

Re: LOL @ teabagging parties [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #10173268 - 04/15/09 07:26 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

What a sad joke this has turned into...but that's what happens when you get into bed with Fox News.  They could fuck up a wet dream.

Hey, guys, next time do "Donkey Punching" and tell those democrat donkeys how you REALLY feel.

--------------------
What can we do to help you stop screaming?

Official Mr Shoebat lackey.

OfflineTGRR
Horrible Bastard

Re: LOL @ teabagging parties [Re: TGRR]
    #10173274 - 04/15/09 07:27 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Hahahaha!

--------------------

Offlinesupernovasky
Comrade
 User Gallery

#10173526 - 04/15/09 08:09 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

You know, I actually do kind of feel bad for the Ron Paul and Libertarian republicans. Its just too bad that they have to be sided so closely with the Republican party, because man, if the original purpose of these marches was free market libertarianism, you guys have been bamboozled and hijacked by Fox news and the GOP.

--------------------

OfflineTGRR
Horrible Bastard

#10173564 - 04/15/09 08:14 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

supernovasky said:
You know, I actually do kind of feel bad for the Ron Paul and Libertarian republicans. Its just too bad that they have to be sided so closely with the Republican party, because man, if the original purpose of these marches was free market libertarianism, you guys have been bamboozled and hijacked by Fox news and the GOP.

Fact:  By the time you hear about things like this, they're already co-opted.

--------------------

Offlinesupernovasky
Comrade
 User Gallery

#10173628 - 04/15/09 08:24 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Why are companies running across borders? They can't compete with the taxes being charged here. Why are they charged high taxes? To cover excesive government spending. Your grandkids will be paying for a massage some AIG shmuck got a resort last fall. :thumbup: Real funny.

Uh... Corporations in America have some of the LOWEST taxes. The tax rate on corporations in America are among the highest in the world, but there are so many tax breaks, tax benefits, tax loopholes, that the effective tax rate is VERY low for corporations here.

http://www.brookings.edu/opinions/2007/1027_corporate_taxes_furman.aspx

Quote:

The United States has the second highest corporate tax rate of the 30 countries in the Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD). But because the United States has so many generous special tax preferences for businesses, it collects the fourth lowest corporate tax revenues as a share of GDP among all OECD countries.

In actuality, the major reason corporations are leaving is not taxes. Most of these corporations aren't leaving at all. They are still located in overseas tax havens... no, what is happening is they are moving labor and jobs out of America and into places where they can don't have to pay for health insurance costs for their workers. Health insurance payments by corporations for US workers costs corporations a ton!

Take that burden off of corporations in the form of a single payor health care system and you'll probably see more companies stay.

--------------------

OfflineTGRR
Horrible Bastard

#10173674 - 04/15/09 08:31 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Actually, I think they just like paying sweatshop wages.

--------------------

Offlinesupernovasky
Comrade
 User Gallery

#10173685 - 04/15/09 08:33 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TGRR said:
Actually, I think they just like paying sweatshop wages.

That too.

The problem with this, though, is that eventually these people will unionize and demand better conditions and pay too.

Then the corporations will move on to the next place...

The major problem with this cycle, though, is that not everyones standards of living can improve on this planet... If everyone lived the same way as Americans, it would take 6 earths.

--------------------

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

#10173705 - 04/15/09 08:36 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:

WOW! For something so insignificant, that you can care less about,  you sure are spending a lot of time paying attention to following the slightest details of it. :smirk:

:rofl2:

right! :smirk:

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #10174654 - 04/15/09 11:09 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Try workmans comp taxes and unemployment taxes to figure out why corps are moving over seas.

They don't have to pay those taxes elsewhere.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineTGRR
Horrible Bastard

#10174766 - 04/15/09 11:24 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
Try workmans comp taxes and unemployment taxes to figure out why corps are moving over seas.

They don't have to pay those taxes elsewhere.

Then why didn't they move in the 50s?

Naw, they just like paying sweatshop wages, and now they can.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

General Interest >> Political Discussion