Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblechef Jay
Me
Male User Gallery

Loc: Treasure Coast
Re: spiritual satanism [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #10166060 - 04/14/09 06:16 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

the truth is no matter how much I hate the dark spiritual world I am well aware of its existence for it gives balance to the world and with out Satan or whatever you call it, than I would have no basis for my beliefs.

There is no good with out evil and there is no creation without destruction. 

Would the wolves howl at the moon without the darkness of night?????

--------------------
Everything I say is a work of Fiction and should not be taken seriously

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesterbeklang
w/e
Male

Loc: Filthy Rock
Re: spiritual satanism [Re: chef Jay]
    #10166165 - 04/14/09 06:29 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

chef Jay said:
Very interesting, I never knew that the Buddhist could be described as a nihilist but as my understanding goes they do believe in becoming enlightened by shedding all their worldly possessions, wants, desires, and rejecting society as a whole so that is pretty much what a nihilist is isnt it?? But the difference is they are not trying to create chaos and harm to their fellow people.  So this sect of Buddhist is a destructive chaotic branch of the original peaceful spiritual Buddhist monks????  All this dwelling on the dark arts is bringing me down so.

Good luck with worshiping death, destruction, and chaos as well as a second hand god or spirt or what ever you want to call it. 

Are you speaking directly to me?  Because you replied to my post and there are a couple things you have misconstrued from my writings:

Just because I have a knowledge of Satanism does not make me a Satanist.  I am not.  Yes, I considered all forms of it at one time.  It was not a good fit and ultimately not what I was looking for.  Yes, I know a Black Magickian personally and treat him like any other friend because he's a nice guy.  He's taught me a lot.  No, I am not a Satanist.

Part two, just because I called Buddhism and Dafa nihilistic does not mean I extrapolate it out to mean that it's destructive and chaotic.  I think I made it clear that Falun Dafa is about Truthfulness, Compassion and Tolerance.  At least you realize that their viewpoints on the earthly world could fall under the category of "nihilism," so we have no problem there.

I think both of those things were made painfully clear in my writing.  I talked about Satanists in the third person and I came right out and agreed with DeCypher that Buddhism values compassion, then added truthfulness and forbearance.

In conclusion:  Yes, some of the people who worship the dark gods are trying to take away your "right to happiness."  They provide the antithesis to all that you believe is right and wrong.  Some of them are out to get you.  They want to hurt you.  Not you personally, but everyone.  And no matter what you believe, you need to know they're there.  Besides, without them, certain spiritual paths would be meaningless.  They are providing a service.  In the words of atheistic hedonist Anton LaVey:  "Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, having kept it in business all these years!"  There are different types of Satanists.  Some are destroying so that new and better creations may come along.  Some are destroying just to destroy.  Some are just trying to get laid.  That has pretty much been the main pulse of this thread.

--------------------

Edited by sterbeklang (04/14/09 06:35 PM)

Invisiblechef Jay
Me
Male User Gallery

Re: spiritual satanism [Re: sterbeklang]
    #10166267 - 04/14/09 06:39 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

I am not speaking to anyone specific I am sorry it you took it like that

--------------------

Invisiblesterbeklang
w/e
Male

#10166288 - 04/14/09 06:42 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

chef Jay said:
I am not speaking to anyone specific I am sorry it you took it like that

No problem.  Just wanted to set the record straight, just in case.  Turns out we were both speaking in somewhat abstract terms.

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: spiritual satanism [Re: sterbeklang]
    #10166303 - 04/14/09 06:43 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

sterbeklang said:
In conclusion:  Yes, some of the people who worship the dark gods are trying to take away your "right to happiness."  They provide the antithesis to all that you believe is right and wrong.  Some of them are out to get you.  They want to hurt you.  Not you personally, but everyone.  And no matter what you believe, you need to know they're there.  Besides, without them, certain spiritual paths would be meaningless.  They are providing a service.  In the words of atheistic hedonist Anton LaVey:  "Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, having kept it in business all these years!"  There are different types of Satanists.  Some are destroying so that new and better creations may come along.  Some are destroying just to destroy.  Some are just trying to get laid.  That has pretty much been the main pulse of this thread.

Welcome to the human race.

The passions of murder and love are inseparably connected in our ancestry.  All civilization has done is to teach us to pretend to idealize them.
--Aleister Crowley

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Invisiblechef Jay
Me
Male User Gallery

#10166314 - 04/14/09 06:45 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

this was directed at any satanist
Good luck with worshiping death, destruction, and chaos as well as a second hand god or spirit or what ever you want to call it.

The rest was kind of a question about the monks and is there a nihilistic sect of monks???? an actual question directed at you
Invisiblesterbeklang

felt the need the clarify more

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#10166325 - 04/14/09 06:47 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

chef Jay said:
this was directed at any satanist
Good luck with worshiping death, destruction, and chaos as well as a second hand god or spirit or what ever you want to call it.

Out of curiosity, why do you refer to Evil as second hand?

Seems to me that both Good and Evil, being equally valid concepts of the human mind, are equivalently powerful forces in Ultimate Reality.

--------------------

Invisiblechef Jay
Me
Male User Gallery

Re: spiritual satanism [Re: deCypher]
    #10166381 - 04/14/09 06:54 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

I guess I have just been bread to think of good as being better that evil.  That is the only reason i can really come up with.  Truthfully I dont know of anything that is 100% good and 100% evil they do seem to need each other and there is always a little bad with the good and good with the bad and so on. 
I like these conversations when i am stoned:cheers:

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#10166397 - 04/14/09 06:56 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

chef Jay said:
I guess I have just been bread to think of good as being better that evil.  That is the only reason i can really come up with.  Truthfully I dont know of anything that is 100% good and 100% evil they do seem to need each other and there is always a little bad with the good and good with the bad and so on. 
I like these conversations when i am stoned:cheers:

For sure, I mean Good is always self-evidently better than Evil.  It all depends upon your subjective emotional judgments as to what is right and what is wrong; the key is to recognize that this is subjective and that there is no grand teleological ethic in place.

--------------------

Invisiblesterbeklang
w/e
Male

#10166432 - 04/14/09 07:01 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

chef Jay said:
The rest was kind of a question about the monks and is there a nihilistic sect of monks???? an actual question directed at you sterbeklang.

Yeah, I think the monastic process itself is rather nihilistic.  When you join a temple there are usually certain things you have to do immediately.  You give up all material possessions, you stop eating meat, you leave your life behind and go out in the middle of nowhere and lock yourself away in order to meditate and cultivate yourself.  They abandon everything material in order to grow spiritually.

Dafa is a little different in that they behave monastically, but they remain in the ordinary world with ordinary people.  Behaving like a monk, practicing compassion while mired in ordinary society, is what makes them cultivate so quickly.  What others take years or lifetimes to do in the isolation of a monastery is achieved in a very short amount of time.  They can keep their material possessions, but must simultaneously lose their attachment to them.  I don't want to get too far into it because it's not the topic of this thread, but I think you see where I'm going.

--------------------

InvisibleZanthius
Mean Alien
Male

#10168332 - 04/14/09 11:07 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

chef Jay said:
the truth is no matter how much I hate the dark spiritual world I am well aware of its existence for it gives balance to the world and with out Satan or whatever you call it, than I would have no basis for my beliefs.

And I thought ANY hatred was of a dark spiritual nature. Doesn't really matter what you hate.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: spiritual satanism [Re: Zanthius]
    #10168388 - 04/14/09 11:13 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

What if I hate the Devil?

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisibleZanthius
Mean Alien
Male

Re: spiritual satanism [Re: Poid]
    #10168406 - 04/14/09 11:15 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Poid said:

Well, that would be kinda like the devil hating himself, because it is always the devil doing the hating.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#10168412 - 04/14/09 11:15 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Poid said:

Then you'd be inadvertently giving the dark side power.  :wink:

Jesus said turn the other cheek, no?

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: spiritual satanism [Re: Zanthius]
    #10168418 - 04/14/09 11:16 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

What if I hate the person who raped my mother, tortured my siblings, and burned my entire family alive?

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisibleZanthius
Mean Alien
Male

#10168448 - 04/14/09 11:20 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
What if I hate the person who raped my mother, tortured my siblings, and burned my entire family alive?

No matter what you hate, hatred is still of a dark spiritual nature. I hate many things, but it is the devil inside of me that feels the hatred.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#10168452 - 04/14/09 11:20 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

It'd be a natural emotion and reaction to that situation, but is it really a constructive emotion?

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10168466 - 04/14/09 11:22 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Zanthius said:
Quote:

Poid said:

No matter what you hate, hatred is still of a dark spiritual nature. I hate many things, but it is the devil inside of me that feels the hatred.

Would you say that there is a such thing as justified revenge?

Quote:

deCypher said:
It'd be a natural emotion and reaction to that situation, but is it really a constructive emotion?

It largely depends on what one aims to construct.

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#10168472 - 04/14/09 11:23 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Quote:

deCypher said:

That largely depends on what one aims to construct.

When forming a morality, one would hope one would aim to construct peace and serenity for both the individual and the individual's community.

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10168497 - 04/14/09 11:26 PM (15 years, 5 days ago)

True, but if the community harbors a menace who disturbs this peaceful serenity, then something must be done to correct this problem in order to maintain said peaceful serenity.

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies