Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: polantis]
    #10159694 - 04/13/09 05:28 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

polantis said:
I can certainly vouch for cutting out caffine and processed sugars.

As I person who used to drink a cup of coffee daily, and drank energy drinks...by the forth day my energy levels were amazing. I've even gotten a few friends onto it. If you do need to use sugar, use raw sugar and honey to sweeten.

I'm with you Hypercube on the carbs. I'm not a big guy but I have a very high metabolism. Surving on fruit/vegies/nuts is very hard for me, I contantly have to be eating.

So nowadays I use carbs just to give me the 'full' feeling. Rice and pasta's, with fruits and snacks for snacking.

one cup of coffee(8oz, not a mobil on the run gigantic cup) is actually good for you.  small amounts of caffeine daily are a benefit, not a negative.  now energy drinks, yes, quit fucking drinking them, because they contain incredibly unnatural and disproportionate amounts of caffeine.

i prefer green tea.  coffee jolts my ass awake and then i feel sluggish later in the day. i find that if i drink a cup or two of green tea in the morning, maybe one for lunch and one when i get home from work around 4:00pm, that keeps me feeling refreshed and full of energy all day long.

i prefer proteins and fats over carbs.  meats, nuts, beans, etc.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: soochi]
    #10159725 - 04/13/09 05:36 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

soochi said:
More so than eating healthy is daily excercise.

Brainiac, completely agree with the oatmeal. I've been eating oatmeal almost religiously since I was like 10.

Juicers are great. I have a Panasonic model I got at a local Korean mega-mart. The best one I've used and it's so easy to clean. Juicers are also indispensable in a well equipped kitchen. I like to roast vegetables then juice them for a nice light broth or sauce. Zucchini juice, slightly warmed with a little butter and thyme goes great with white fish.

Good god Andre, that bud must have been amazing. I'm for most of what you expoused, especially the bit about corporate brainwashing. But really the secret to eating healthy is knowing how to cook for yourself and ending the daily reliance on fast food. (I say daily, because even I'll admit that at times I pine for a fillet o fish)

absolutely. exercise is essential and KEY to staying healthy.  you can eat as healthy as possible and still not be healthy if you never exercise.  i exercise for about 15-20 mins in the morning(mainly stretches and calisthenics) before work, and then sometime later after work i will do a more in depth workout(more strength and bodyweight geared).  i try to do it every day, but sometimes it just isnt possible, but at the very least i recommend stretching and doing mild calisthenics at some point early in the day.  not only does it help keep you limber and your metabolism going strong, it helps to wake you up the natural way.

i change my breakfasts up between either oatmeal or grits or some form of healthy  granola, nut and grain cereal. i usually have a banana with breakfast too.  and i prepare 99% of what i eat myself.  only in a serious time crunch will i eat something processed.  i would love to get a juicer at some point, preferably the jack lalane power juicer.

--------------------

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #10159763 - 04/13/09 05:44 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Oh Jack Lalane. What a character. Youtube an old sketch from In Living Color where Jim Carrey imitates him on his infomercial. Freakin' hilarious!!!

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

OfflineEtherealfeeling
invisible suture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sleepless City Treno
Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: mr.bixby]
    #10159780 - 04/13/09 05:46 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

I've removed glutenous grains, cow's milk, red meats, and white sugar from my diet. IMO I've become much healthier since doing so. My parents probably think otherwise.

--------------------

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: soochi]
    #10159914 - 04/13/09 06:11 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

soochi said:
Oh Jack Lalane. What a character. Youtube an old sketch from In Living Color where Jim Carrey imitates him on his infomercial. Freakin' hilarious!!!

lol ive seen that skit.  it was hilarious.

--------------------

Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Loc: shambhala
Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #10177332 - 04/16/09 11:38 AM (15 years, 3 days ago)

Fuck Im being a streamlined healthy machine....I feel so much better its unreal.

Here's my daily intake:

breakfast:
museli, serving almonds/hazelnuts, sultanas, yoghurt, coffee

lunch:
large smoothie: 1 banana, 1 serving berries, 4 dried plums, serving sunflower/pumpkin seeds, yoghurt, orange/apple juice

dinner:
stirfry/casserole
eg 1 serving broccoli, 1 serving carrot, onion, beans, 1 egg, soy sauce, chilli paste

Not sure how long ill keep this up without introducing more bread/rice/fibre...but im getting in much better shape and have so much energy

--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

Offline24hrmarathon
Stranger

Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: mr_kite]
    #10178003 - 04/16/09 01:53 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

I love eating fuji apples. Those things are detox mana. I had some major aches and pains from a junk-food binge. Ate two large ones fuji apples, and by the time I woke up the next day, I felt fresh. Also, they make defecating so wonderfully smooth and pleasurable. Ah! I might try a week and eat just fuji apples. I find that eating anything a week helps me find its healing properties.

Grapes are a good kidney cleanse. Watermelons also, but if I eat too much, I get a stomach ache. Strawberries are good also.

Offline24hrmarathon
Stranger

Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: 24hrmarathon]
    #10178013 - 04/16/09 01:56 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

Also forgot to mention fresh coconut. My wife's parents has a large coconut farm, and when we went to visit, we ate/drank fresh coconut straight from the tree. Oh man, that stuff is super! if you ever need a little kick in your love life, well.... :makes chimpanzee noises like tim the toolman taylor:

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: Staying healthy with food [Re: 24hrmarathon]
    #10178348 - 04/16/09 02:43 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

i prefer asian pears.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds