Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegeko127
Demolition Man
 User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Constructing a rich mans teterium from plexi glass
    #1015206 - 11/02/02 06:13 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Oky dokes folks, The other day swim was in the hard ware store just looking at all the cool shit i could use for one thing or another, Anyway im crusing up and down the isals scaning everything and lo and bee hold what do i see, PLEXI GLASS, Wooo hhooooo isaid to my self quietly, Because they had all diffrent sizizes so you can cut out or make what ever the fuck ya want, They had size,s withe the following prices, (And could all you shroomers tell me if that is expensive what i saw)
600mmX900mm, $32.07
600mmX1200mm, $39.94
1200mmX1200mm, $80.39
OOHH yea and they had lamaneted sheets aswell, Im no sure if they were 600mm by 900mm or 600mm by 1200mm, But they were lamanated.
And all the sheets were 3mm thick.
I was thinking of constructing a mock up rich man's teterium made out of PLEXI GLASS, First of all i think plexi glass can retain heat better then normal glass, And if one is only useing a fluro light you shouldent have any problems with the U.V light makeing the clear plexi glass fade and go a snowy white, Anyway i used to work in a plastick's factory and im pretty sure they put a U.V stableizer in the molten plexi glass when they make it, And it is strong as fuck, and can take quite a beating, Ifound that with the one my freind's got is only realy scrached on the bottom, And that's from draging it aroung on the floor.
So im gona lash out and get me some plexi glass and make me own custom made, Size wize, And be able to gro nice large flushes :grin: So the posibilitys are limetless, im gona draw up some plane's with size and and all that sort of detail, And at the same time watch how much im spending, I want this to be a nice low bugget for shroomer's to get started.
With the rough mesurements iv taken im gona get 1 Sheet of 1200mm X 1200mm, And amoung other things like.
Bigger fish tank heater
A tee piece for the air bubbler so i can run 2 air stones of one pump
Clear silicone, Salastic
And i already have a small computer fan from my old shitty teterium, and i just plug it into a timer for fresh air.
When i have all the thing's nesisery to construct this monster i will let ya all know how much everything cost indervidgly and altogether, And ill try to post some pic's :smirk:. But anyway im just rambling now so ill just shut the fuck up and go and get to work. :shocked: :crazy: 

--------------------
LIFE IS A BITCH, AND THEN YOU MARRY ONE.

BUT SUCH IS LIFE !

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSumGuy
addict

Re: Constructing a rich mans teterium from plexi glass [Re: geko127]
    #1015255 - 11/02/02 07:41 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

>I want this to be a nice low bugget for shroomer's to get started.

that statement alone suggests that' it's not advanced

--------------------
-SumGuy :cool:

Offlinegeko127
Demolition Man
 User Gallery

Re: Constructing a rich mans teterium from plexi glass [Re: SumGuy]
    #1016443 - 11/02/02 06:18 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Ok then Sumguy ill be more spesific, If a person has only grown shrooms once That dont make him/her a fucking expert, There still beginers, And when it comes down to it every shroomer hear is still learning and discovering new shit all the time, So would that make them beginers at their new discoverey, HUH :mad: , I think so. :tongue: :crazy: 

--------------------

BUT SUCH IS LIFE !

OfflineJovialLeprechaun
reasonableperson
    #1016469 - 11/02/02 06:35 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

He was actually trying to point out that you posted this in the ADVANCED CULTIVATION FORUM. Meaning that its the inappropriate forum to ask such a newbie question. Aiiiight?

As for your question, I'd say fuckit and buy some big rubbermaids, because they will work just as well and with the money you save on not getting plexiglass and gluing a whole bunch of it together and having to deal with cleaning tight epoxied corners and stuff, you can buy everything you need to totally pimp that rubbermaid out and make it into exactly what you want.

--------------------
I am a reasonable person.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Re: Constructing a rich mans teterium from plexi glass [Re: JovialLeprechaun]
    #1016520 - 11/02/02 07:02 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

i second the rubbermaid. they have never steered me wrong. them being cheap as dirt is also a pluss. then you have enough money left to build a rediculusly expensive and complicated humidification system that will not work a whole lot better than perlite but will make your friends say "ooo" and "aghh" lol.  :grin:

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinegeko127
Demolition Man
 User Gallery

Re: Constructing a rich mans teterium from plexi glass [Re: JovialLeprechaun]
    #1016524 - 11/02/02 07:05 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I duno if im gona make one now, Today i seen clear strong plastic hood's that fit onto a 60ltr hydroponics tub, There just a big version of those little propergating green houses, And anyway all you lot are just fucking discurudging me from makeing a teterium.
And anyway by constructing your own, you can make it to suite your needs. :crazy:

--------------------

BUT SUCH IS LIFE !

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: geko127]
    #1017184 - 11/02/02 11:34 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

InvisibleChampion des Champignons
long standing member;)

Loc: Alba
Re: Constructing a rich mans teterium from plexi g [Re: Effed]
    #1017747 - 11/03/02 04:55 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

>Your grammer is dispicable.

lol!..........
that was a joke, right?:tongue:

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm........

Offlinegeko127
Demolition Man
 User Gallery

Re: Constructing a rich mans teterium from plexi glass [Re: Effed]
    #1027220 - 11/06/02 06:44 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

How the fuck do you know what im capble of Effed, :mad: :tongue: :mad: Yea that's right you dont know a fucken thing about me.
Hear's a little advice, (Think what your saying any person, You might say or do the wrong thing one day and you will get your fucken head ripped off, So pull up on the the fucken ego trip. :crazy: 

--------------------

BUT SUCH IS LIFE !

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Constructing a rich mans teterium from plexi g [Re: Effed]
    #1027887 - 11/06/02 11:39 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Your grammer is dispicable.

And your spelling (grammar, not grammer) is dispicable (as is mine). What does spelling or grammar have to do with advanced mushroom cultivation?

I think a rubbermaid container would be a lot easier and cheaper in the long run, but why the attack? I have seen some pretty simple minds make some mind blowing contraptions after a few bong hits of kind.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisiblebrowho4d
The Brody Who?What?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Incoherent
Re: Constructing a rich mans teterium from plexi g [Re: Seuss]
    #1028064 - 11/06/02 12:51 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah I talk jus like him on the puter but I not stupid jus a Time saver for one hander typers.

--------------------
THIS PROCEDURE HAS NOT BEEN VALIDATED FOR STERILITY HOWEVER THOUGH IT HAS BEEN SPRAYED WITH DUSTER.

Offlinehsalf
bad O lover
Loc: not from around here
    #1028501 - 11/06/02 02:31 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

How big were you planning on making it? If a rubbermaid(s) is too small for your wants, enclose a stainless steel shelving unit in some thick plastic sheeting. Either was, that saved maony could get you a nice PC or homegrown flowhood.

OfflineDrJoseph
Wendy shot thegun.

Loc: intermolecular travel
Re: Constructing a rich mans teterium from plexi g [Re: hsalf]
    #1028735 - 11/06/02 03:30 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

ya.. like a book shelf kinda.. make one that's like 6'x4' and like a foot deep. with wire shelves inside, you could make a wicked terrarium. each shelve has different purpose.. one for casings, one for spawn bags (in dark containers) and one for colonizing cakes... at the top goes the humidifyer, at the bottom a ventelation fan. humidity flows down the entire unit, through all the shelves and to the bottom, where the stale air filled with CO2 is flushed out. That would be a rich man's terrarium. cost would be between 50$-150$, depending where you get yur plexyglass.

but, on the other hand... instead of spending mad cash like that on plexyglass, why not just take like 2 or 3 rubbermaids, stack em on top of eachother. Cut holes in the lids, so air flows from the top rubbermaid to the bottom, with some kind of seal imbetween. I could see this working.. right cheap too.
peace - the doc

--------------------
"cus it aint gonna be like you think it is - thats the one thing you can take to the bank." - Terance mckenna

Offlinegeko127
Demolition Man
 User Gallery

Re: Constructing a rich mans teterium from plexi g [Re: Seuss]
    #1035237 - 11/08/02 06:34 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Hey Seuss, its nice 2 see some poative thoughs, Thank's man.
Any way i live in OZ and i aint seen a rubber maid tub around any ware, So that's why i was thinking of constructing my own tetrium to suit my need's.
But yea, After a few bong hit's ya come up with tones of ideas, aaaaaahhhhhhhh, Sone of the shit iv dreamed up was just, just just, Fuck i was dreaming ,(homer simpson, DOUGH)
Im gona havt to fruit my Ps. Wavy cap subaerginosa cake soon or cass it, I already have wood chips ready but im gona update my gor log.
So the subject is in the right fourm, Only because im starting to go off topic, Anyway if any of you shroomers have any advice of good tip's on growing the wavy caps, i would appresheate your comments on this verity.
Iv grown the plain old Ps. Subaerginosa, but never the wavy caps.
Peace to ya all. :crazy: 

--------------------

BUT SUCH IS LIFE !

Offlinegeko127
Demolition Man
 User Gallery

Re: Constructing a rich mans teterium from plexi g [Re: DrJoseph]
    #1035251 - 11/08/02 06:44 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Hey Dr. J sup man.
Thanks for the ideas now you ya have me thinking of constructing something like what you described, Espicly after a few bong hits, he he he, And when you sway thing's like 6X4, Could you please put mm of what ever the mesurement is whether it is mitrik or impearial, It would just help me understabd your mesurments when you desribe them, I know you probly asumed i knew what messurements u were talking about, But thank;s all the same dude, I look forward to your comments in the future about thins sort of subject.
You certenly have a cool imagenation about making set ups, Have you been having bong hit's like me :grin: Come on now you can tell geko.
Peace to ya all. :crazy: 

--------------------

BUT SUCH IS LIFE !

OfflineNumba9
Veteran tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: State of "Euphoria"
Re: Constructing a rich mans teterium from plexi g [Re: geko127]
    #1035295 - 11/08/02 07:02 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Your Gramma is despicable LMAO.....deserving to be despised : so worthless or obnoxious as to rouse moral indignation . Click thumbnail pic for full effect lol

--------------------
Remember..what the Door Mouse said..."Feed your Head".......... Jefferson Airplane

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ca$hville
Re: Constructing a rich mans teterium from plexi g [Re: Numba9]
    #1036892 - 11/08/02 03:43 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Uhhh why not measure in meters. 1 meter is 3 feet. 6 feet is 2 meters. The best setup for me is completely made of rubbermaid's. I have 2 stacked on top of each other with coolmist hoses running into them, and small floros in the lids for fruiting. Then I have 3 more stacked on top of each other 1 for incubation is inside another one with a water heater and water. On top of this is a rubbermaid with a 6 inch fan in the side to dry. at first I used a rubbermaid glovebox but have since moved to the oven and soon to the flowhood.Its nice to be creative but its also expensive.

Offlinegeko127
Demolition Man
 User Gallery

Re: Constructing a rich mans teterium from plexi g [Re: Numba9]
    #1039450 - 11/09/02 07:09 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Hey NUMBa9, YOU ARE ONE SICK MITHER FUCKER LOOKING AT THAT SHIT.]

YOU SICK FUCK :mad:

--------------------

BUT SUCH IS LIFE !

OfflineNumba9
Veteran tripper
 User Gallery

Loc: State of "Euphoria"
Re: Constructing a rich mans teterium from plexi g [Re: geko127]
    #1041586 - 11/10/02 06:20 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

It was on Duncapjokes.com ...... so millions of people saw it for your information....... Just makin a joke over the "grammer" comment......chill dude

--------------------
Remember..what the Door Mouse said..."Feed your Head".......... Jefferson Airplane

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: geko127]
    #1041643 - 11/10/02 06:53 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix