Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinekablamo
the Brave

Loc: Japan
ayahuasca - using lespedeza bicolor
    #10150730 - 04/12/09 07:21 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Well, I recently found out that here in Japan, a certain clover, Lespedeza bicolor, is a fair candidate for ayahuasca preparation.  Now I've read a fair bit about how the process works but I am wondering how to interpret this data that I found about the plant:

Quote:

* Lespedeza bicolor var. japonica [DMT,5MD,l,rb]
      5-METHOXY-N-METHYLTRYPTAMINE Bark, BUFOTENINE Plant,
      BUFOTENINE-OXIDE Fruit, N,N-DIMETHYLTRYPTAMINE Fruit,
      N,N-DIMETHYLTRYPTAMINE-OXIDE Fruit, N-METHYLTRYPTAMINE Bark,
      HOMOORIENTINE Leaf, LEUCOANTHOCYANIN Plant,
      LEUCOPELARGONIDOL Plant, ORIENTIN Leaf, SAPONARETIN Leaf,
      VITERINE Leaf

from http://www.serendipity.li/dmt/hoasca.html
According to this, what parts of the plant should I use in my preparations?  Can anyone reference any resources for more information?  I know the mimosa hostilis root bark is what's traditionally used, does anyone have any info on the other chemicals listed in this information?

Also, what other interesting extractions or preparations could I do with this plant?

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: ayahuasca - using lespedeza bicolor [Re: kablamo]
    #10150944 - 04/12/09 10:05 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Based upon the information you provided, and, as an experiment, I'd try the fruit first using a straight to base tech, since it would give you an indication as to percentage spice content with a minimum of wasted money and time.

It is a near certainty that the timing of the picking of the fruit will have a bearing on the alkaloid content , and therefore, the yield.

Experiment, and write it up!!!

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Offlinekablamo
the Brave

Re: ayahuasca - using lespedeza bicolor [Re: Nature Boy]
    #10156345 - 04/13/09 07:10 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

unfortunately I don't know enough about plants to know how to find them, or even what season they fruit in.  I found out they bloom july~september, what's the relationship of blooming to the fruiting cycle? Or does it differ from plant to plant?

Offlinekablamo
the Brave

#10156357 - 04/13/09 07:17 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

http://plants.usda.gov/java/charProfile?symbol=LEBI2

Quote:

Bloom Period.......Early Summer
Commercial Availability.........Routinely Available
Fruit/Seed Abundance.......High
Fruit/Seed Period Begin........Summer
Fruit/Seed Period End........Fall
Fruit/Seed Persistence..........No

I think that took care of it.  It looks like I have a few months to find some specimens before i need to worry about harvest!

Offlinekablamo
the Brave

#10156368 - 04/13/09 07:33 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

actually I'm finding several sources online that claim 5meo-dmt and dmt are in the leaves and the root bark, which seems like I could get some now if I were to find it.
Could someone point me to a reliable faq of how to deal with a source of both of these chemicals?  I've found a few but I can't really tell what to trust as yet.

Offlineasagao
Stranger
    #10159631 - 04/13/09 07:17 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

its an ingredient in japanese herbal medicine.  you should be able to order large bags of it online, or pick it up at your local herbal medicine shop.

Offlinekablamo
the Brave

Re: ayahuasca - using lespedeza bicolor [Re: asagao]
    #10159778 - 04/13/09 07:45 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

asagao said:
its an ingredient in japanese herbal medicine.  you should be able to order large bags of it online, or pick it up at your local herbal medicine shop.

So does that mean that Japanese herbal medicine uses DMT?  Do you happen to know what they would use it for?  By the way, nice username!  I actually turned on a whole bunch of Japanese dudes to asagao seeds recently. (asagao is Japanese for morning glory for the uninitiated)

Offlineasagao
Stranger
    #10160014 - 04/13/09 08:36 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i actually sent you a personal message yesterday with more information about dmt containing plants in japan.  maybe you didnt see it?

japanese herbal medicine doesnt use dmt, but it does use some plants that are suspected to contain dmt (for reasons other than that they contain dmt).  there are also some weak MAOIs in japanese herbal medicine too, but there is no history of using either for psychoactive effect. 

off the top of my head the following are found in japanese herbal medicine:

senso (toad venom)- contains bufotenine, no 5meo for the asian bufo toads
--used EXTERNALLY for sore/injured muscles

yamahagi (lespedeza bicolor)
-- "Lespedeza bicolor and some other species are used for treating lung infections, for diuresis, or for stopping bleeding"

goshuyu (evodia fruit) - 5meo-DMT
-- all sorts of uses, gained in popularity only in recent years.  raises normal body temperature and increases metabolism.  popular with body builders for building muscle in the west.  recognized as being slightly toxic and causing hallucinations at higher doses (but whether thats from the 5meo or something else toxic in the plant.....)

and arundo donax and phallaris grass while not used in medicine grow all over the place.

your best bet is probably not the lespedeza. 
if it were me (and its not cause my wife would kill me), id do an extraction on evodia.

or if youre brave, smoke the senso.

p.s. - yeah its amazing that japan is like the morning glory capital of the world and NOBODY knows that you can use them to expand your mind.

Edited by asagao (04/13/09 09:04 PM)

Offlinekablamo
the Brave

Re: ayahuasca - using lespedeza bicolor [Re: asagao]
    #10161532 - 04/14/09 01:23 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Oh, inbox is still empty.  On this site, I always end up sending dud messages and topics because of the way the preview post function works on this bbs, I suspect that's what happened.

Wow, you know a lot about this topic asagao, i'm glad to find you here.  The political climate here is indeed unfortunate... All of the university students being kicked out for cannabis and the witch hunts going on is really terrible these days, hence my aspiration to produce my own product!

Anyway, send me that PM again cause my box is empty.

Offlineasagao
Stranger
    #10161896 - 04/14/09 02:36 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

well, if you do create your own product try to keep it discreet.  dunno if you know but a few months ago some crazy guy burned down some kind of manga kissa or something and a bunch of people died.  the authorities found out he had drunk ayahuasca with the santo daime people a day before and they started to crack down on anything DMT related.  thanks to that dickhead my trip to fuji to drink aya got cancelled and my source of andenanthera seeds has dried up.  if he could have only waited a week longer to go postal.

ill pm you again, although most of what i wrote i just rewrote in my posts here.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies