Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

depressing revelation
    #1010836 - 10/31/02 04:32 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

last night while thinkin bout random shit i came to the conclusion that we dont play a role in who we are. i mean while growing up who we are is influenced by friends, parents, society as a whole, tv, etc. we dont really play a role in deciding who we are. by the time we realize this and want to make ourselves who we want us to be its to late because we were already created.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

Re: depressing revelation [Re: spud]
    #1010858 - 10/31/02 04:41 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

thats what weed is for, and drugs are for, beacause as a teen you start to see it, and try to alter your consciousness.

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #1010906 - 10/31/02 05:00 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

we always can choose to play a role in deciding what we are... sadly most people leave this to society and never take control themselves... they think its the way it should be, but its not...

i'd like to share these lyrics from Incubus with you

"Drive"

Sometimes I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear
And I cant help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer
It's driven me before, it seems to have a vague
Haunting mass appeal
Lately I'm beginning to find that I should be the one behind the wheel
Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there
With open arms and open eyes yeah
Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there, I'll be there
So if I decide to waiver my chance to be one of the hive
Will I choose water over wine and hold my own and drive, oh oh
It's driven me before, it seems to be the way
That everyone else get around
Lately, I'm beginning to find that when I drive myself, my light is found
Would you choose water over wine
Hold the wheel and drive

--------------------

Offlinepostanaldrip
human alien
Male
Loc: Earth
Re: depressing revelation [Re: In(di)go]
    #1010968 - 10/31/02 05:28 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

good post, thats a great song!

--------------------
"It's not until we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything." TDFC

InvisibleSmack31
Stranger

#1011073 - 10/31/02 06:11 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

recognizing your self from yourself is the first step in becoming yourself...

(or something like that, i've been drinking) :grin: 

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Re: depressing revelation [Re: postanaldrip]
    #1011119 - 10/31/02 06:42 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

thank you, kind sir!  :grin:

--------------------

OfflineShroomalicious
You may say I'ma dreamer...

Loc: The Shire
    #1012146 - 11/01/02 02:10 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

IMO, you always have the opportunity to change.

I think that because I believe I did. A complete reversal too.

I think outside forces have a mighty effect on you, but I believe those can be reversed.

--------------------
Shroomalicious - :smile: I love you and in doing so I love myself, because we ARE all one :smile: - "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth leaves the whole world blind and toothless". - Mahatma Ghandi

Offlinemachineelf368
self-transforming

Loc: in the mountains, awaitin...
    #1014204 - 11/01/02 08:05 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

You're absolutely right. We are entirely molded by others for a significant part of our lives, and after we begin to realize this (if we begin to realize this) it's incredibly difficult to do anything about it. Others are accustomed to controlling others because they cannot control themselves, so if you try to control yourself they will object. But something Sarte said a long time ago comes to mind. "Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." You change as long as you remain aware that you can change. If you know you can't change, then you can't.
-m

--------------------
(the above was deciphered from phi (~1.62) using an advanced alphanumeric conversion algorhythm and should not be perceived as meaningful.)

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: depressing revelation [Re: machineelf368]
    #1014263 - 11/01/02 08:30 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I think most people are created that way, and all of us are conditioned at least a little. I've noticed I gain my firends' manerisms after hanging around with them for a while. I think that's kinda wierd.

Mushrooms take apart all those connectors to those 'conditioned' parts of you and allow you to be who you really are.

Think for yourself, question authority.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
    #1014686 - 11/01/02 11:30 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I know I soak up bits and pieces of the people I hang around more than I have a personality of my own. I'm the editor of my personality more than the author.
But at least we all edit. You've been exposed to *so* much stuff in your life, and most of it you just let go. The stuff that interests you, that you keep and incorporate into yourself, is always going to be different from somebody else.

OfflineKillerClown
From Outer Space

Loc: in a dark corner
    #1015193 - 11/02/02 05:40 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

You choose who you become friends with, you choose what TV channels you watch. Your logic is flawed. If anyone molds you into anything it's your parents.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #1015640 - 11/02/02 11:08 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

So, you must be made of some quick-harden compound, 'cause you're certainly not a human being if what you're saying is true. You've stopped growing, so you must be dead already. Either that, or you're so clinically depressed that death has probably already been considered by you to be a real option.

You must be quite young, because you have yet to become a self-determining person. You still experience yourself as a bunch of predetermined forces that have all clustered together to form 'you.' 'You,' however, only see yourself as a cluster of social selves - a 'layer' of the 'onion-like' self that is beneath the physical layer, but which decides what your 'clothing layer' will look like. You haven't even begun to plumb the several psychological layers deeper down, and the spiritual core is completely out of sight. No wonder you're depressed.

The Worst part of it though, is that you think you're 'done.' Stick a fork in your butt, and WAKE UP!

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Invisiblexganon
polydrug abuser
Loc: here
    #1015703 - 11/02/02 11:41 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

> last night while thinkin bout random shit i came to the conclusion that we
> dont play a role in who we are.

'You' are Void. All else is ego-illusion and deserves no less than ruthless murder from the rampaging 'Higher Self'. Amazing how much Enlightenment resembles the scarier sorts of psychosis. Anyone truly Enlightened will accelerate as fast as they can going in the wrong lane on the way to work tomorrow. Nothing means anything and all is Joy, so the physical avatar becomes meaningless. Allow yourself to have a dark trip or you'll have a bad one.

--------------------
Please remove all dollar signs from my listed contact information

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
EXTREME TIMES CALL FOR EXTREME MEAUSRES [Re: xganon]
    #1015718 - 11/02/02 11:48 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

"All else is ego-illusion and deserves no less than ruthless murder from the rampaging 'Higher Self'. "

Wow, that really sums up how I've felt for the last 2 years since my worst(while it was happening) acid trip ever.
That trip set me on the path I am currently on and I'm eternally greatful for it.

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Re: EXTREME TIMES CALL FOR EXTREME MEAUSRES [Re: dee_N_ae]
    #1016561 - 11/02/02 07:19 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

like the 5 day dxm trip i had put me on this path...

Quote:

'You' are Void. All else is ego-illusion and deserves no less than ruthless murder from the rampaging 'Higher Self'. Amazing how much Enlightenment resembles the scarier sorts of psychosis. Anyone truly Enlightened will accelerate as fast as they can going in the wrong lane on the way to work tomorrow. Nothing means anything and all is Joy, so the physical avatar becomes meaningless. Allow yourself to have a dark trip or you'll have a bad one.

thats right... the physical avatar becomes meaningless, because you realize that you dont need it... in fact you realize that you dont need anything at all, because you ARE bliss and you ARE all... never the less if i was enlightened i would not take the wrong lane... i would maybe loose my identity and just sit in a park for years enjoying my bliss... but at some time i would start wanting to help people realize how easy and simple things are... if i had the gift i would want to share it...

someone i know once said this: "enlightment is joyful boredom"  :grin: and i find it to be true hehehe...

--------------------

Edited by Lozt Soul (11/02/02 07:23 PM)

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
Re: EXTREME TIMES CALL FOR EXTREME MEAUSRES [Re: In(di)go]
    #1016581 - 11/02/02 07:27 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

5 shrooms for you for that quote  :grin: 

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1017881 - 11/03/02 08:00 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I think a couple 'bad' shroom trips i had sort of set me straight too

it pretty much told me to wake up and accept reality and stop looking for answers in drugs, which is all my life revolved around for like the past 3 years.. me and my spiritual arrogance..

withering my intuition missing oppor-tunities...

i feel i was rejected by society (high school) when i was 14 or so.. and that caused me to always have this nasty outlook on people in general because of my own insecurity. now i feel like i will always be a little different from most people because of that, but i hold no grudges, and im actually pretty big on meeting new people now. one of my greatest joys is seeing people in pure good moods and joining in on that mood.

i find that alot of people sort of revolve their social lives around some sort of class system of money/personal appearance/etc. thats probably grown with them since grade school, and i am thankful not to be a part of.

the ability to look at who a person really is inside is a privilege

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

#1018137 - 11/03/02 10:27 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

thank you, sir! i wanted to give you 5, too... but it turns out i already did...  :grin:
my rating popped to 4 just yesterday, and now it dropped down again...

--------------------

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
Re: EXTREME TIMES CALL FOR EXTREME MEAUSRES [Re: Grav]
    #1018186 - 11/03/02 10:53 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

the ability to look at who a person really is inside is a privilege

I definately have to agree with you on this.  I myself have gone through a hefty bout with addiction, and after recovering I find myself somewhat seperated from the rest of society.  I'm not as big on meeting new people as I COULD be, but most of that is based out of choice.  I find that most of the people my age are going through phases in their life that I have been through already, more specifically drug use (abuse) and alchoholism.  I have a very addictive personallity, and I feel it's better to just seperate myself from these people rather than risk being pulled into a hellish downward spiral again.  I've learned lots in the past couple years, mostly about myself, and every day I still learn something new.  I know what my priorities are (even though I don't put as much effort into them as I should), and that's something I feel it's finally time to work on.  I'm 20 years old, haven't graduated high school, and (I feel) I have seen lots more than most people my age.  Granted I don't know everyone's story, and to each their own, but most people my age I meet are people I can't seem to "vibe" with due to the things I've been through.  It makes it a real bitch trying to find a decent girlfriend. :smile:

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: depressing revelation [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1018884 - 11/03/02 03:31 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

i think your statement about a user being a quick hardened like compound is kind of ironic, i mean its on the shroomery forum right... i was on shrooms i felt as if i had a huge dose of paint thinner added to my supposed beliefs it destroyed the stupid glues i held things together as, my attachments on the world. and being young i can admit but some people and myself i think find it hard to determine ones own life by being bombarded by so much stupid shit at an early age, going to school going to college making sure you arent a bum and not to mention all the other stupid shit previous generations deam so important on imposing on the young of the world. this is hard if you dont value certain thigns in your life and you want to attain. and being a dreamer i can tell you its hard not to hold on to certain things that come up to me in my dreams and even when i have soaked down to the level of understanding my subconcious and breating it underwater and feeling it for what it is there are thousands of layers which one with time must break. and not just in reply to you, but because i saw that statement about a hard compound i thought i could relate and bring some other light to the situation. but last night i learned yes you do have to be a self determining person but not that i hadnt thought of this before, but i have been pulled in many directions from people, dreams, hopes, fears, and just by the day to day life. i mean if you can devote your whole day to meditation and free yourself from the restraints of society people fears and dreams i mean good for you but in this world its not like that. for all we know the millions of people lazy who dont take action and who dont take on the fetters of existence let this world fuck it self into the world it is today. but with time maybe we can all learn to balance these thigns and grow up stear ourselves into and away from one another when it is appropriate. Island is a really good book i would recommend written by Aldous Huxely, its about shrooms and island nation built on some really great principles but there detachment from the world will bring them there end. i recommend reading it. i mean after all shrooms grow off of decomposing matter right? :smile: i think this is quite a funny observation in my opinion. they eat dead things, they are the reapers of the biological world.

--------------------
What?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract