Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Devil's Hollow: a Halloween Tale
    #1013950 - 11/01/02 05:23 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I apologize in advance for the somewhat unsatisfactory ending, but real-life is not a Stephen King story, but read on...

While serving in the USN in Damneck, VA (hi shroomism!), three buddies and I decided to take a day trip to the famous Luray Caverns in northwestern Virginia on Halloween. It was a fun and full day. As we were heading back, we mimicked the humorous cave tour guide in his radio announcer's booming voice, "Coming up, Fried Eggs; now leaving Turkish Towel!"

As we travelled down some a lonesome country road we passed a dilapidated old church/school that probably hadn't been used in 50 years. A while later we passed a sign that read "Devil's Hollow 50 miles". I looked at the map. "Hey check this out, that doesn't make sense." I exclaimed.

Suddenly a large dark form noiselessy encompassed the entire windshield for a fraction of a second and was gone. "What the hell was that?" Ronnie shouted nervously. We pulled over. Suggestions ranged from a bat (too small), a raven (no sound of impact nor a body) to a towel or most logical, a piece of paper, but there was absolutely no wind and we could find no body nor object.

We started the car up and continued east. Only a few miles from the previous sign and a few minutes later a sign read "Entering Devil's Hollow". "Ooh, how spooky," Robert whispered. "Yeah, where is Rod Serling?" Dave added. It is important to note that the sign demarked nothing visible. There were no homes, no town, gas stations; not even side streets nor a rest area.

Once again we passed an old dilapidated church. "Hey!" Robert shouted, isn't that the same church we passed a while back?" It certainly looked like it. A half hour down the road, we approached a sign that read (and corresponded with our map)," Entering Devil's Hollow." "This is too freaky!" Dave noted. Once again there was no sign of civilization.

A lone hitchhiker appeared in the headlights. We passed a short, rigid, dark-skinned (non-Negroid) man leaning over sideways with his thumb out and wearing a watch cap. "Holy shit! If that wasn't the devil himself," I shouted. Ronnie and Dave who were having a separate conversation in the back seat and did not see him said in unison, "Yeah, right!" They were all-too-familiar with my sense of humor. "No, no!" Robert backed me up. "You had to see the guy." After more teasing from the back-seat boys, I stopped the car and said, "If you guys don't believe me, I will go back and pick him up if you have the balls." "You're on, they agreed."

Now what was weird was how the hitchhiker got there. There were no cross roads and no apparent houses from which to have walked. Merely forest and meadow.

As we backed up on the gravel shoulder, the hitchiker was still bent over with his thumb out though no other cars were coming. His posture was rigid. Now most anyone waiting for a ride would have heard us backing up and have run to meet the car being grateful for a ride. Our "devil" never moved an inch. We stopped a few feet in front of him, but he never turned around. Robert started moaning, "Let's get the fuck out of here!" "Wait a minute, it is up to Dave and Ronnie. You guys thought we were bullshitting, should we pick him up?" By now they too, were spooked. "No way!"

"Maybe someone put a statue there just to scare us", Robert offered. "No, you can see him breathing, " I corrected.

"Well do you guys want to at least look at his face close up?" Now remember we were four strong young guys in a locked car who had recently gone through boot camp and thought we were pretty tough. "Nah, it's not THAT important," Ronnie side-stepped. "We only to have to backup 10 feet." I encouraged. "No, let's get the hell out of here." Dave whispered. All during this time, the hitchiker remained basically motionless, ignoring our presence.

We drove on and let the mystery stand.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Swami (11/01/02 05:41 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
Re: Devil's Hollow: a Halloween Tale [Re: Swami]
    #1013956 - 11/01/02 05:27 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

*assuming this story is true*
Maybe he knew you weren't going to pick him up so he didn't bother moving....

Edited by dee_N_ae (11/01/02 05:28 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Devil's Hollow: a Halloween Tale [Re: dee_N_ae]
    #1013965 - 11/01/02 05:31 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

If the story were fictitious, you know that I am imaginative enough to come up with a much, much better ending.

Why then was he still thumbing to no audience?

--------------------

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #1013969 - 11/01/02 05:34 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

That's quite spooky.

--------------------

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #1013972 - 11/01/02 05:36 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

heh, that was a cheesy ending. you should of at least tried to talk to the guy from the inside of your car. asked him if he's ok or something.

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
    #1014005 - 11/01/02 05:58 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

It would mess up his Chi if he moved.  :smirk:
He was waiting for the just the right car, no doubt.

Unless he was starving, on the verge of death, too weak to move from his current position yet still strong enough to be on his feet in which case he may have decided it was best to leave his thumb out until he just died. 

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: Devil's Hollow: a Halloween Tale [Re: dee_N_ae]
    #1014091 - 11/01/02 06:49 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

the reason i didnt move was cause i was trying to scare u fuckers. seems like it worked since u came on shroomery to tell them our story

jk

uhh...how about adding more to the story to make it sound cool, u dont have ot lie, just exxagerate, like say his eyes were glowing red and shit

Offlinejahfeelirie
meatwad

Re: Devil's Hollow: a Halloween Tale [Re: tekramrepus]
    #1014101 - 11/01/02 06:59 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

but.... wouldnt that be lying?  assuming that he did not have glowing red eyes?

sinner

:wink:
jfi

--------------------
my signature is too long

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Devil's Hollow: a Halloween Tale [Re: tekramrepus]
    #1014291 - 11/01/02 08:40 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

No, but his skin was a deep red, bordering on black, his eyes were mostly pupil, and he had the prerequisite goatee...

--------------------

Edited by Swami (11/01/02 08:41 PM)

Anonymous

#1014728 - 11/01/02 11:56 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

He was thumbing because he didnt see Them?
-OoD

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom