Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Right or Wrong idea?
    #1013508 - 11/01/02 02:15 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Well I've read the forums and the faq's and just asking here to make sure about my info. Got some cakes colonizing and was going to spawn some pasteurized poo with about 2 1/2 pints just to test it out. Do i need a casing layer or can i fruit right off the poo? Just cold shock for 12 hours and let it start fruitin also didnt want to do a casing layer since strain is PR and i heard its bad and gives overlay do to mass colonization.

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineItsAllGood
London Shroomer

Loc: London UK
Re: Right or Wrong idea? [Re: socratesmind]
    #1013532 - 11/01/02 02:31 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

You can fruit off the poo - but your gonna lose all the benefits of a casing layer (which most people know and I'm to tired to expound). If your experimenting go for it otherwise case.

Also their are certain strains that definitely require a casing layer so I guess it depends what your growing

--------------------
What a terrible thing to lay on somebody with a head full of acid

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Re: Right or Wrong idea? [Re: ItsAllGood]
    #1013559 - 11/01/02 02:45 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Well strain is PR. Got a new idea about determining saturability for bulk substr8s. If i had some nice poo dried all the way out i could saturate say 100% of it and then add 20% of volume to the soaked poo and mix? this would give me my saturability of around 70-80%???

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

OfflineItsAllGood
London Shroomer

Loc: London UK
    #1013631 - 11/01/02 03:10 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Yep - that idea is'nt new though I read somewhere about using that tek to get a certain saturation. In fact i'm use it's in the Mushroom Cultivator.

You concerned about overlay problems with PR on a casing?

Also I think your more likely to suffer from contams without the casing layer.

Shit (or poo even) go for it and let me know how it goes!

--------------------
What a terrible thing to lay on somebody with a head full of acid

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #1013918 - 11/01/02 05:01 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I know everyone around here is getting tired of hearing this from me, but if you are gonna spawn with PF cakes, look into grating you cakes with a cheese grater or blend the cakes up in a blender, either way, you get a whole lot more inoculation points than you would if you broke it up by hand.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineProfessional
Stranger ThanYou
Male User Gallery

Re: Right or Wrong idea? [Re: Skikid16]
    #5832316 - 07/07/06 03:44 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I am going to use the blender idea for sure.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract