Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineemstik5
+1
Male

Yet another "is this mold or weak mycelium" thread.
    #10133300 - 04/08/09 10:13 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Being new to this, I could be worrying for no reason. The growth does look very wispy/fluffy around the edges. (coir/coffee/verm/gypsum uncased).
Smells fine as well.
7 days from 1:4 WBS spawn.

Thanks in advance.

By the way, is vermiculite really as shit as some people say as a casing layer.
The only peat moss I can find had coco coir/fibres in it, as well as composted pine bark! That does not sound right...

Could I just build a PMP or shotgun FC and treat it like one big cake?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGreen2whitethumb
Lumberjack
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Over the Rainbo...
Re: Yet another "is this mold or weak mycelium" thread. [Re: emstik5]
    #10133329 - 04/08/09 10:21 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Its all good.

--------------------
Welcome to Costco.....I love you.

***All communications from this avatar are fictitious and should be treated as such.

OfflineBoris
Viking Warrior, of Valour
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: TX. Flag
    #10133360 - 04/08/09 10:26 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I see rhizomorphic growth. That's not a characteristic of mold. In my experience with coir, its not airy enough for my likings. its hard for the myc to tunnel through it. It seems like it will poke its way out the top of the sub with rhizomorphic growth, then stem off from that point with lighter ground cover over the top of the sub. As what it looks like in your pic.

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:
"We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world."

Offlineemstik5
+1
Male

Re: Yet another "is this mold or weak mycelium" thread. [Re: Green2whitethumb]
    #10133371 - 04/08/09 10:27 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks,
I have red/green deficient color vision, so I think I would have a hard time spotting contaminants until I get used to the differences in growth patterns and macroscopic features.

Offlineozzysmygod
Late Night PC'ing Enthusiast
 User Gallery

#10133548 - 04/08/09 10:58 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

emstik5 said:
Thanks,
I have red/green deficient color vision, so I think I would have a hard time spotting contaminants until I get used to the differences in growth patterns and macroscopic features.

I dont think your colour blindness will be a problem. Am I correct in thinking you see colours as different shades of grey? You will notice the difference between healthy mycelium and contaminates, if there different shades of grey. Id recommend sniffing your jars though before you spawn/g2g just to check there not funky...

If all else fails just keep taking pictures and asking on the forum, im sure people will be only to happy to help you.

a quick question, when you trip do you see colours? or black and white... im very curious

Offlineemstik5
+1
Male

Re: Yet another "is this mold or weak mycelium" thread. [Re: ozzysmygod]
    #10133843 - 04/09/09 12:19 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Its actually a little different to just seeing grey, its more like you think you see everything fine and wonder why other people can see things you can't. Or wonder why people look at you strange when you say "I see no difference between these samples" or something.
If you think something is green it CAN look green.
Your mind plays tricks sometimes... (well it does for me, everyone is different)

Anyway I knew my jars were good as soon as that "fresh mushroom" smell hit me in the face when I was crumbling them up.

I have 2 more trays I spawned yesterday, should prob start a grow log or something :smile:.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #10134575 - 04/09/09 06:17 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Looks fine, coir doesnt always go fully white like with poo. Sometimes you can still see patches of substrate under the myc

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate