Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMastamike1118
Male

Re: Is it possible for men and woman to just be friends? [Re: Chronic7]
    #10141072 - 04/10/09 08:09 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

i dont know about that^^^^^^^^ just cuz you wanna get something doesnt mean you cant be yourself around a girl... and it doesnt mean you are gonna necessarily be out of control over your sexual urges... say you want to be friends with a girl but you also want to sleep with her two distinct feelings/thoughts just depends on if you have control... its not like you cant say aright fuck it this girl doesnt want to fuck me but i know there are plenty other girls out there that do... this girl has a good personality too so maybe we could be good friends regardless of me wanting to sleep with her... lol control yourself man!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleChronic7
Re: Is it possible for men and woman to just be friends? [Re: Mastamike1118]
    #10141111 - 04/10/09 08:22 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

whather you agree or not desire is the main factor in the level of deepness in a relationship

im speaking generally when i say people act fake when they are attracted to someone, because people generally do actup to try & impress

the truth is when you meet someone who wants nothing from you, someone who has no desire to take something from you then that relationship will be excellent

:peace:

--------------------

Offlinesandman_130
Neo-Classical Spiritualist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Is it possible for men and woman to just be friends? [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #10141679 - 04/10/09 11:00 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
I was talking about a PAST situation, in which, since it was IN THE PAST, they were doing great. Absolutely nothing from what I have said could have rationally lead you to thinking that this means they are not doing great anymore. :shrug:
The fact that I didn't refer to their present situation is because I didn't see them in a while. However, this doesn't mean that they're not together anymore, or that, even if they are not, it is because they didn't have love for each other because they were in an open relationship.
If you want to keep talking about open relationships, please present real arguments in the future.

Maybe you should call them and find out.:rolleyes:

I don't believe I need to present a detailed argument as to why open relationships cannot be true love, as it would be common sense.

Call me old fashioned, but I believe true love is between 2 people. Not 3,4,5, or 6. That is simply sexual perversion, not true love. Yes the 2 in the center may love each other, but no true love would allow each other to go around like animals.

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

:sunny::mushroom2:Maria Sabina:mushroom2::sunny:

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: Is it possible for men and woman to just be friends? [Re: Chronic7]
    #10141694 - 04/10/09 11:02 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

nice posts Chronic777, i agree :smile:

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: Is it possible for men and woman to just be friends? [Re: sandman_130]
    #10141741 - 04/10/09 11:15 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

sandman_130 said:
Maybe you should call them and find out.:rolleyes:

I don't believe I need to present a detailed argument as to why open relationships cannot be true love, as it would be common sense.

Call me old fashioned, but I believe true love is between 2 people. Not 3,4,5, or 6. That is simply sexual perversion, not true love. Yes the 2 in the center may love each other, but no true love would allow each other to go around like animals.

Maybe this is not the point, since even if they broke up, this doesn't mean that they didn't have love for each other while they were together, and it most definitely doesn't speak for all open relationships.

And yes, you SHOULD present a detailed argument, since you are the one that said that people who are in open relationships don't love each other, and failed to present any actual, real, and logical piece of evidence. Saying that you can't believe this would be possible, and that you can't see how "true love" may allow something like this to happen DOES NOT constitute as evidence, it only reflects you personal perception which doesn't encompass the entire reality. :lol:
"Sexual perversion"? :rofl2: According to whom? You again? :dielaughing: Please... :smirk:
Also, are you somehow under the impression that we are something else than animals, since you make that distinction? :strokebeard:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #10141749 - 04/10/09 11:19 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

as nice of a concept as true love is... it shouldn't be forced onto the experience (what's true about that)

love is selfless devotion, and the aim (ideally) is to love everyone

the benefits that come from mutual commitment in a relationship is the ability to cultivate that love for one another and slowly work at breaking down walls

having two minds and one body can make life more interesting

but to 'own sex' of the other... that's the beginning of the downfall of 'love'... in my opinion

i think love as a concept has been tainted by romance, which should be a natural expression, and not a yearning for control or cementing the relationship into your own hopes

acceptance is love :smile:

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: Is it possible for men and woman to just be friends? [Re: deff]
    #10141763 - 04/10/09 11:23 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

:super:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Offlinesandman_130
Male User Gallery

#10141903 - 04/10/09 11:53 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I said they can experience love in open-relationships, but it's not true love.

Open relationships are for people who are not satisfied with just one partner.

When you truly LOVE someone, it means that you only want to be with them.

Pure common sense and logic is the evidence... :kingtard:

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#10141938 - 04/10/09 11:57 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

sandman_130 said:

Only?  I don't think possessiveness or jealousy necessarily come with true love; what's wrong with truly loving two people at the same time?

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlinesandman_130
Male User Gallery

Re: Is it possible for men and woman to just be friends? [Re: deCypher]
    #10141962 - 04/10/09 12:01 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

deCypher said:
Quote:

sandman_130 said:

Only?  I don't think possessiveness or jealousy necessarily come with true love; what's wrong with truly loving two people at the same time?

Can this be sustained for 50 years?

Do you believe that Mormons with 3 wives is true love? Have you seen the interviews with these women?

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#10141963 - 04/10/09 12:01 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

sandman_130 said:
I said they can experience love in open-relationships, but it's not true love.

What's the difference between love and true love? :sherlock:

Quote:

Prove this.

Quote:

Do you realize what a stupid statement this is? Just because this is how YOU see things, and this is how YOU feel about love, it doesn't mean that the same thing works for ALL the humans.

Quote:

Pure common sense and logic is the evidence... :kingtard:

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Define common sense, and explain why everyone's common sense differs from the other's.
These are TOOLS used in thinking, they can't be evidence on their own. :imslow:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#10141974 - 04/10/09 12:03 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

sandman_130 said:
Quote:

deCypher said:
Quote:

sandman_130 said:

Do you believe that Mormons with 3 wives is true love? Have you seen the interviews with these women?

That's a good question.  I think a relationship with multiple people would certainly be harder to sustain than one with just a single person, but I don't believe this implies that true polyamorous love is impossible.

As for the Mormons, I was under the impression that most of the time the male is the dominant force in the relationship and the women don't have much say in the matter.  I wouldn't consider this a good example of a true, loving open relationship.

--------------------

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10141985 - 04/10/09 12:04 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

The three enemies of the people hegemony, monogamy, and monotony.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Offlinesandman_130
Male User Gallery

#10142004 - 04/10/09 12:06 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Prove this???

It proves itself, why would someone need more than one partner if they were not satisfied? Open relationships are for people who want more, they want to party, they want to fuck anything that walks.

That is not love.

Why can't 5 women get married to one man???

hmmm....maybe because it's wrong.

Is that so hard to see? Your telling me that you would get married and have still love your partner the same if he said he wants an open relationship for the rest of your lives.

Meanwhile he spends more time having sex with them, instead of you??

Ya, a match made in heaven....

--------------------

Offlinesandman_130
Male User Gallery

#10142037 - 04/10/09 12:10 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

deCypher said:
Quote:

sandman_130 said:
Quote:

deCypher said:
Quote:

sandman_130 said:

That's a good question.  I think a relationship with multiple people would certainly be harder to sustain than one with just a single person, but I don't believe this implies that true polyamorous love is impossible.

As for the Mormons, I was under the impression that most of the time the male is the dominant force in the relationship and the women don't have much say in the matter.  I wouldn't consider this a good example of a true, loving open relationship.

I agree that love can exist with multiple partners. I just don't believe that true love, the highest and most pure form of love can exist with more than 2 people.

Love can exist in anything. Love is used more often than it's felt.

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#10142044 - 04/10/09 12:13 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

sandman_130 said: I just don't believe that true love, the highest and most pure form of love can exist with more than 2 people.

Perhaps not for you; but I don't think you can decree that other people will never find true love in a caring threesome for instance.

--------------------

Offlinesandman_130
Male User Gallery

#10142123 - 04/10/09 12:25 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

True enough, I cannot account for anyone's feelings but my own. From a logical point of view it just seems unattainable to sustain something like that for an entire lifetime.

Call me old-fashioned I guess.:shrug:

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#10142128 - 04/10/09 12:26 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, personally I can't see myself truly loving more than one person.  Another mind is already a tough enough nut to crack; two would be mind-blowing.  :lol:

--------------------

Offlinesandman_130
Male User Gallery

#10142175 - 04/10/09 12:34 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

lol yea, the one I have right now takes me to the limits, I couldn't imagine being outnumbered. :rabble:  :boxing:

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#10142473 - 04/10/09 01:31 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Prove this???

It proves itself, why would someone need more than one partner if they were not satisfied? Open relationships are for people who want more, they want to party, they want to fuck anything that walks.

Because they want more variation in their lives, and because it is a matter of TASTE. This doesn't imply that they don't truly loe their partner, but that they need other sexual partners, too. It is stupid to think that all they want to do is fuck everything that walks, and it honestly sounds like too much emotional negativity is behind this reasoning.

Quote:

Why can't 5 women get married to one man???

hmmm....maybe because it's wrong.

Five women CAN and ARE married to a man, if they're islamic. :wink:
Saying that is wrong doesn't magically make it so. :fairy:

Quote:

Is that so hard to see? Your telling me that you would get married and have still love your partner the same if he said he wants an open relationship for the rest of your lives.

I am not telling you what I would do, I am telling you what other people do, and this doesn't mean that an open relationship is appealing to me, just because I can understand how other people can still feel love for their partner in an open relationship.

Listen, you already admitted that this is what you think, and that these thoughts you have regarding this matter reflect only your personal feelings. What about admitting that, even though this sounds wrong to you, it doesn't mean that it is universally wrong, hence you can't state for everybody else that if they have an open relationship they don't love their partner?

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags