Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Is hemp a big part of the conspiracy against MJ?
    #787774 - 07/31/02 06:31 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Does anyone else here feel that hemp is one of the biggest parts in the conspiracy against marijuana?

Many of the companies that hold major influence over the US government would lose money if hemp were legal. Now, I really don't know if all of these companies hold influence, but here is a small list of some of the industries in which hemp would at the very least, be a major competitor.

1) Lumber
2) Oil
3) Textiles

Anyone have anymore?

Is hemp's threat to industry powerhouses one of the biggest reasons why cannibus is illegal??

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Edited by Learyfan (07/31/02 08:11 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: Is hemp a big part of the conspiracy against MJ? [Re: Learyfan]
    #787777 - 07/31/02 06:38 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I think that's the ONLY reason it is out-lawed...Big-Business running the show again...

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Is hemp a big part of the conspiracy against MJ? [Re: Rono]
    #787928 - 07/31/02 08:10 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I don't think it's the only reason. Marijuana is a big part of it as well. They don't want people expanding their minds like people did in the sixties, because that would cause people to challege the government. Not only that, but the alcohol and pharmaceutical companies would lose major business.

I do think that hemp is a big part of the reason why cannibus is still illegal.

Does anyone else agree with me, or do you think the marijuana part of it is the biggest reason?

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #787969 - 07/31/02 08:38 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know about you, but smoking weed doesn't expand my mind all that much...it just gets me high and if by chance I did happen to have a world changing thought while I was stoned, it would be forgotten about 10 minutes later..

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
Loc: cave
    #787974 - 07/31/02 08:42 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

No its not. In many countries where mj is outlawed, you can grow hemp and there is a strong hemp industry.

Though, you gotta report your field, and hemp has to be industrial. That means that alcaloid content has to be low.

In the US, hemp is maybe illegal cause of those lobies, but mj owuld still be illegal in no matter of that.

InvisibleFrog31337
Stranger

Loc: Midwest, US
    #788088 - 07/31/02 09:39 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

4) Cotton Industry
5) Tobacco

Weird thing is some tobacco companies have already patented names for MJ sticks if they get legalized.

Offlinemr freedom
enthusiast
    #788179 - 07/31/02 10:15 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Please go here and read Jack's book for the truth you seek.

http://www.jackherer.com/

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #788463 - 07/31/02 12:21 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Their are better crops better suited for oil, food, textiles and lumber. Its just like the mighty petroleum industry, plastics can be made from renewable plant cellulose but we dont do it.

Big business has put a stop to progress for too long for us to see anything better.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #791353 - 08/01/02 06:25 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

RE: "weed doesn't expand my mind all that much..."

Thats a touchy subject for me. There was a time in my life when I honestly seen weed as saving my life. I fealt that it helped my see the most obvious things that I could not understand while straight- here lays the non weed smoker's problem: They invision stoned teenagers doing things crazy things like driving to an intersection and then stoping 50 yards before a red light to admire it's pretty colors! (Like Wow maan!! I never noticed that light looked that way before... oh shit a cop)

For me personaly weed was a tool for me to help "find myself". Many years ago I had a lot of tension, I wasnt happy with anything in my life and was borderline suicidal. When I started smoking I started realizing many off my own faults... in fact I realized that I was a punk-ass dick! - I feel that it resulted in many reality attacks that helped me see a side off myself that before only my family/friends could see. (same could be said off 'shrooms)

The coolest thing about weed for me was that I discoverd that I have an inner need to play music... at least every once in awhile or I get very stressed out. I dont know if I would off ever consider myself an amature musician before. - I have good jamms and bad.. but the good ones make me feel like a million bucks and if I had never tried weed I doubt that I would of ever started praticing regulary.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (08/01/02 06:27 PM)

OfflineShroomyMcPot
Male

Loc: TX
    #792916 - 08/02/02 03:15 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I dont think it has anything to with hemp or expanding your mind. I think its because they gov't feels that a society of drug users are unproductive and umabitious.

Offlinedickdeadly
rælity

Loc: in my mind
Re: Is hemp a big part of the conspiracy against MJ? [Re: ShroomyMcPot]
    #793952 - 08/03/02 07:45 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

a VERY VERY VERY VERY informative spoken word session is by a guy named Jello Biafra, and it is called "Grow More Pot"... i forget which album it is on, but you can download it off of a file sharing program... he has some VERY interesting things to say about the politics of pot. the guy ran for mayor of san fran in the 70's or 80's and lost in third place. he was also the singer for the DEAD KENNEDYS. so find that spoken word thing, he has some good things to say

--------------------

Character is how you act when you think no one is watching

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: Is hemp a big part of the conspiracy against MJ? [Re: ShroomyMcPot]
    #794816 - 08/03/02 07:17 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

RE: "I dont think it has anything to with hemp or expanding your mind. I think its because they gov't feels that a society of drug users are unproductive and umabitious. "

As far as why pot is ileagle in America- I 100% agree with you. As far as: Is hemp a big part of the conspiracy against MJ?.. - I see it the other way around. I agree much with the hemp brothers/sisters, however I firmly believe that TRUE attention towards hemp is the fact that it looks so much like Sativa. The legalizers would love to see thousands off acers of hemp farms.... (guess why?)

So there you have an honest's legalizer's point off view.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (08/03/02 08:47 PM)

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Is hemp a big part of the conspiracy against MJ? [Re: dickdeadly]
    #802038 - 08/07/02 08:53 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

"Grow More Pot" is from "I Blow Minds for a Living". That's a GREAT 13 min spoken word piece by Jello who is a non-smoker.

However, if you really want the whole lowdown, get The Emperor Of Hemp from www.emperorofhemp.com.

--------------------

Offlinebluesky
mushroom cowboy

Re: Is hemp a big part of the conspiracy against M [Re: Learyfan]
    #1005681 - 10/30/02 09:46 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I think that MJ and hemp cancel each other out in the US. People are aginst hemp because they are fuckin stupid and think it is pot. Industries like Oil and Cotton keep hemp illegal because it is huge compitition and promote it as being the same as pot. They are afraid that after pot is made legal, we will finally find the uses for hemp. Hemp oil can run in any conventional diesel engine and the exaust is carbon dioxide (actually good for the environment). I just dont see why these oil companies dont obtain this new fuel scource and make profit off of it. I guess they just LIKE killing our earth.  :frown: 

--------------------
You're my blue sky, you're my sunny day,
Lord you know it makes me high when you turn your love my way. Turn your love my waaaaaay, Yea.
-Richard (Dickey) Betts

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1005739 - 10/30/02 10:06 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

****if by chance I did happen to have a world changing thought while I was stoned, it would be forgotten about 10 minutes later.. ****

10 min? it's usually about 45 sec for me......

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Is hemp a big part of the conspiracy against MJ? [Re: dickdeadly]
    #1005877 - 10/30/02 10:41 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Jello is cool... but I was pissed off to learn about the fact that he's been lying in his spoken word tour about his lawsuit with the other Kennedy's.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Re: Is hemp a big part of the conspiracy against MJ? [Re: Phluck]
    #1008634 - 10/31/02 12:13 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

If the government legalized pot (or any major drugs for that matter) our stock market would crash. The Stock Market is a huge resource for laundering money. It is likely the CIA still had major stock in the Drug Market.

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: Is hemp a big part of the conspiracy against MJ? [Re: Remy]
    #1012931 - 11/01/02 10:35 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Another reason is that marijuana opens the 3rd eye (god organ/6th sense) alittle. When the 3rd eye opened people automatically, people don't think small anymore but they begin to think BIG!

Thats why they say it represents free minds, or free spirit.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Edited by johnnyfive (11/01/02 10:40 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order