Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Coir, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineabshroomery
Stranger

what to do with my tub...
    #10127833 - 04/08/09 04:16 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I have a question about an almost fully colonized tub (pic). Tomorrow night ill be out for 4 days, and im not shure what to do with the tub. Could it hurt that it would stand there for some time - fully colonized? I can put it in the fridge too but right now it's not really fully colonized. It's not 'reaching out' and stuff..
thanks

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblevirus1824
Mr Mushroom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: what to do with my tub... [Re: abshroomery]
    #10127851 - 04/08/09 04:28 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

cold shocking cubensis has no added value. so dont bother. anymore details on temp and air exchanges? will give others more info to reply on.

--------------------
A weekend wasted is never a wasted weekend

Offlineabshroomery
Stranger

Re: what to do with my tub... [Re: virus1824]
    #10127864 - 04/08/09 04:37 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

yea shure I forgot that. It's a rye to coir/verm/coffee bulk, ratio 1:3, I spawned it at april 2nd so it's been only a week yet. Air exchange is by to 1 inch holes in the lid, stuffed with polyfill. I'm not shure about the temp but Im guessing it's somewhere around 77 F. I didn't mean coldshocking btw, it would be more like storing the thing till i can use it. Cause I'm afraid the substrate would dry out, or overlay or things that happen that stand too long, if I let it stay in the incubation room till next tuesday

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

#10127969 - 04/08/09 05:29 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

If properly constructed as a mono/double tub the idea is to be able to "Set and forget" and maintain humidity and providing the air is not completely stagnant(Leave a fan on)its good to go,from the looks of that pic even if you did want to fan or mist or just look at it every 10 min it should be able to be just fine without you for the next four days,go do what ya gotta do and it will be waiting for you when you get back.

What do yo mean its not reaching out,some mycelium will fruit even if its not very rhizomorphic looking so that's not really all that reliable but I don't see any actual knots but than again when I enlarge the pic it does get a bit blurry,and more importantly what do you mean by incubation room,you said its 77 deg or so right,just leave it be,no need to put it in the fridge,its not going to fruit so fast in four days that you need to stall it in the fridge or your going to come home to a spore covered mess,I mean there are not even pins on it yet.Don't worry....O and don't aim the fan directly at the thing or it will dry it out,just leave it on in the room so the air is circulating

Offlineabshroomery
Stranger

Re: what to do with my tub... [Re: Blutjager]
    #10127986 - 04/08/09 05:34 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for your answer, that comforts me alot:)
I don't have a fan, is that a problem? The tub is in a carton box covered with 3 blankets standing against the radioator. Provides just enought warmth:) But the air is standing perfectly still as you can imagine.. I'm getting an airpump this weekend tho, so the air exchange in the fruiting chamber will be allright..

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #10128151 - 04/08/09 06:42 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Dont heat your fruiting chamber directly, it will dry out your substrate and will rob you of humidity.

Your monotub should be fine left alone for 4 days. As previosuly stated they are usually a set it and forget it system. I would try and get a fan so that air is being circulated around it, as polyfill doesnt quite allow FAE, the circulating air will help.

When you get back, it wouldnt hurt to open it up a few times per day to mist and fan :-) some people do that with monotubs to improve performance, since fresh air exchange is a very important pinning trigger. Get that moisture evaporating from the substrate and replace it by misting.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: what to do with my tub... [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10129977 - 04/08/09 02:58 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

A fan is certainly a good thing in this case but I honestly thing it can last without it although should it pin in the meantime without fresh air circulation I'm not sure if this will adversely effect the pinset and I agree,quit heating it,you were going to cool it down to slow it till you get back.I still wouldn't put it in he fridge but I would take it away from a heat source,as mentioned you are probably robbing it of humidity and you will not be there to mist and replace it

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Coir, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation