Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >
Offlinegotcha420haha
Not Available
Male User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Re: a word of caution to those attending summer festivals [Re: AnonymousRabbit]
    #10119872 - 04/06/09 09:40 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

supernovasky said:
Nitrous Mafia is ruining the scene.

Most of the violence at festivals seem to center around them.

I agree, its crazy!

Its like some sort of epidemic or something, the problem is that there is such an
immense market for it, there is a ton of money to be made.

I find it sad, all my friends do it, everyone does it (it seems). I am yet to suck
down a balloon.

--------------------

"Sometimes I wonder, If I know where I am going. I go for a walk and it seems like I have been walking for years and years and I don't know where I'm going. I hear the sound leading me on."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePhish_Dude
steppin' into yesterday
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: secret tweeker pad Flag
Re: a word of caution to those attending summer festivals [Re: moe.phan]
    #10121053 - 04/07/09 01:30 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Great advise man, I have run into a few shady motherfuckers in my day, but I'm always packing my glock so I dont have to worry.:crazy2: (not really)
Wtf is this Nitrous Mafia you speak of?

--------------------

Offlineelectrics
wave rider
Male User Gallery

Loc: In front of my Computer
Re: a word of caution to those attending summer festivals [Re: Phish_Dude]
    #10121778 - 04/07/09 07:38 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Anyone making mad profit of a tank or nitrous!!! In my state it's easy to get a med gas liscence So I could fill tanks super cheap and make about 500% profit!!! I would never do this cause getting caught to me always seems so easy even with a silencer on you're tank the sound can be heard from a ways away!! Also 24HR. Hospitals have to keep their Med Gas tanks outside in a storage cage with a pair of wire clippers and a coat hanger free tanks are easily had from hospitals.....I believe I've paid back my bad Karma from doing this already!!! So I wouldn't try it specially Now!! They are prolly a little wiser to the scene...anyway even though a couple of baloons are tempting just think of the after affects Hippie Crack!!!,.......^$E

--------------------
"Listen now I'm talking I've been here for weeks, waiting in this growing crowd staring at my feet, The world around me is Turning I'm just standing still, The time has come for changes do something or I will" Phish

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: a word of caution to those attending summer festivals [Re: electrics]
    #10121935 - 04/07/09 08:49 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

if you do this (at a show) anywhere east of the mississippi and aren't hooked up with philly mafia you will get jacked.

i don't want to sound "hard" or like a jackass, but it is simple fact.

these guys pay cops, security, etc big money to be able to run tanks. if you attempt to sell gas without paying them a tax and/or working for them, they will smash you over the head with your own tank, take your money, and take your gas. i know a small girl (maybe 5'2") who did this in camden (stupid move on her part) and got clocked with a tank that was probably three-quarters her size.

--------------------

Edited by Krishna (04/07/09 08:50 AM)

OfflineGanjaPlaneRider
Light Up The Chalwah

Loc: Circlin de Clouds
Re: a word of caution to those attending summer festivals [Re: Krishna]
    #10123962 - 04/07/09 03:29 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Hold on hold on hold on. Lets talk about this for a second. Is the nitrous going around mugging people and acting sketchy? No, it's the people wielding the tanks. So before we bash the gas, lets examine the whole situation.

Sucking down a balloon doesn't make you a bad or sketchy person. (Though it may make you a broke person at ten dollars a ballon in some places...) I mean there are plenty of goons out taking fatty whippets and causing some strange occurrences through campgrounds, but thats their personal problem (not to mention it only lasts a minute or two).

It's these greaseball gas slingers we should be concerned with. You know, the ones filling up Penske trucks with tanks in Philly and opening up shop with their paisans at your favorite shows? Listen, these guys can be a little rough around the edges, but have they ever killed anyone? Not that we know of. (and I'm sure that we would have heard SOMETHING).

I realize nobody wants to get beat up or robbed at a show, but hey, carry a knife with you. Or hey, walk in groups of three or four. They aren't superheroes for christ sake, they're people like you and me. Nobody with a good heart goes to shows to get violent, but hey, is it really the end of the world? Have you really never gotten hit before? Think of it this way: Most (more or less) people don't ever get involved in a single violent situation at a festival/show in their life. Thus, if it happens to you, the odds are on your side that it will never happen again.

OfflineGanjaPlaneRider
Light Up The Chalwah

Re: a word of caution to those attending summer festivals [Re: GanjaPlaneRider]
    #10123990 - 04/07/09 03:33 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

So what I really mean to get across to you guys is, be aware, and travel safely, but don't let the "Nitrous Mafia" scare you out of going to a festival. Please, make the decision based upon the music, not based upon hearsay about the campgrounds.

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Re: a word of caution to those attending summer festivals [Re: GanjaPlaneRider]
    #10124066 - 04/07/09 03:44 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

oh you won't get fucked with by any of those kids if you aren't trying some shit (rip them off or run gas yourself). for whatever people might think about them (personally, i think they are a huge drain on the scene and none of that money goes back into it) they are businessmen first and foremost - they won't start shit unless you start it first (which, in their minds, includes selling gas when they are selling gas)

--------------------

OfflineGanjaPlaneRider
Light Up The Chalwah

#10124118 - 04/07/09 03:51 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

:thumbup: agreed. just saying this doesnt need to be such a big deal

Offlinebd17
Stranger
Re: a word of caution to those attending summer festivals [Re: Cubie]
    #10124313 - 04/07/09 04:25 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

it's sad that you have to be that careful at festivals, some people are like vultures, they'll go after anything

OfflineAnonymousRabbit
Comrade
 User Gallery

. [Re: GanjaPlaneRider]
    #10125010 - 04/07/09 05:59 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------

Edited by AnonymousRabbit (05/18/22 03:24 PM)

OfflineJeffedelic
Fucked Up On Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Freedomland
Re: a word of caution to those attending summer festivals [Re: bd17]
    #10125045 - 04/07/09 06:05 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

bd17 said:
it's sad that you have to be that careful at festivals, some people are like vultures, they'll go after anything

The thing is you don't have to be that careful at festivals. I think a lot of these people are making way too big of a deal out of a couple isolated incidents.

Sure some people may have been robbed or hit with a gas tank at a festival before, but honestly, do you think your chances of being robbed are better at Bonnaroo or walking around the streets of your home town? Shit there are drivebys, muggings, robberies and murders within 2m from my house all the time. Just because its an event people get so scared and nervous.

Its like driving in a car vs a plane. People get all batshit scared about riding in planes because its not as common as the car even though cars are infinitely more dangerous.

--------------------

"It's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world." -Lester Burnham

OfflineCubie
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Down the rabbit hole...
Re: a word of caution to those attending summer festivals [Re: Jeffedelic]
    #10125053 - 04/07/09 06:06 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

id say just listen to your vibes man, if you feel like something is wrong.... go back to your tent and chill out for awhile

OfflineAnonymousRabbit
Comrade
 User Gallery

. [Re: Jeffedelic]
    #10125071 - 04/07/09 06:09 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------

Edited by AnonymousRabbit (05/18/22 06:28 PM)

OfflineCubie
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Down the rabbit hole...
    #10125087 - 04/07/09 06:11 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

i never heard of the nitrous mafia, the main thing i was always worried about was the loners that just wanna rip the dealers off

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

#10125106 - 04/07/09 06:14 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Jeffedelic said:
Quote:

bd17 said:

The thing is you don't have to be that careful at festivals. I think a lot of these people are making way too big of a deal out of a couple isolated incidents.

Sure some people may have been robbed or hit with a gas tank at a festival before, but honestly, do you think your chances of being robbed are better at Bonnaroo or walking around the streets of your home town? Shit there are drivebys, muggings, robberies and murders within 2m from my house all the time. Just because its an event people get so scared and nervous.

Its like driving in a car vs a plane. People get all batshit scared about riding in planes because its not as common as the car even though cars are infinitely more dangerous.

your point is well taken - however i think a lot of people, esp if it is one of their first festivals, get into a super hippie-dippie mindset when they see how much people are partying and having fun around them, and ignore basic precautions. e.g., don't leave $2000 in your tent. don't leave your stereo sitting out at your campsite when nobody is there. don't pull out a fistful of cash when on tons of acid to buy some nitrous. basic things that you wouldn't normally do, but when the festival mindset takes over, you might forget that they aren't necessarily smart.

--------------------

OfflineAnonymousRabbit
Comrade
 User Gallery

. [Re: Krishna]
    #10125129 - 04/07/09 06:17 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------

Edited by AnonymousRabbit (05/18/22 06:28 PM)

OfflineJeffedelic
Fucked Up On Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Freedomland
    #10125159 - 04/07/09 06:21 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Krishna said:
Quote:

Jeffedelic said:
Quote:

bd17 said:

your point is well taken - however i think a lot of people, esp if it is one of their first festivals, get into a super hippie-dippie mindset when they see how much people are partying and having fun around them, and ignore basic precautions. e.g., don't leave $2000 in your tent. don't leave your stereo sitting out at your campsite when nobody is there. don't pull out a fistful of cash when on tons of acid to buy some nitrous. basic things that you wouldn't normally do, but when the festival mindset takes over, you might forget that they aren't necessarily smart.

Definitely good advice. You do have to keep your head on straight and take basic precautions, especially for the first fest. I just don't want people who are preparing for their first fest to think that they have to be afraid. Something may get stolen, but the chances of you being beaten up and robbed is slim to none.

Just be smart!

--------------------

"It's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world." -Lester Burnham

OfflineGanjaPlaneRider
Light Up The Chalwah

#10125660 - 04/07/09 07:18 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I was just trying to state to the people who apparently didn't know, that nitrous itself isnt the cause of this bullshit.

OfflineAnonymousRabbit
Comrade
 User Gallery

. [Re: GanjaPlaneRider]
    #10125715 - 04/07/09 07:24 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------

Edited by AnonymousRabbit (05/19/22 12:20 AM)

Offlineelectrics
wave rider
Male User Gallery

Loc: In front of my Computer
    #10125823 - 04/07/09 07:36 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

WoW I never even heard of the mafia anyway I just paid $270 for my ashville Tix so I'm stoked even thought Ticket gouging Sux..Prolly find some little seven pounders to fill for me and my buds!!!! thanks for the info again This thread has been eye opening for shure.........e

--------------------
"Listen now I'm talking I've been here for weeks, waiting in this growing crowd staring at my feet, The world around me is Turning I'm just standing still, The time has come for changes do something or I will" Phish

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next >