Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecelestialtripper
Test Pilot
Male User Gallery

why wont they grow any bigger?!?
    #1010334 - 10/31/02 01:40 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

ok i just got thru my very first flush of GT's using PF tek. and i dunked all my cakes...ive seen some really nice pics of cakes that have been dunked and the shrooms on them are pretty big...but i have some mature shrooms on my dunked cakes and their still only around 4-5inch's tall and not too thick, but thicker than before i dunked them...my rh and temp. are always fine but the shrooms just dont seem to want to grow any bigger...any suggestions in getting bigger growth or is that as good as its gettin?
thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: why wont they grow any bigger?!? [Re: celestialtripper]
    #1010387 - 10/31/02 01:58 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

First of all, pictures can be decieving.

If you want bigger fruits, move on to spawning with poo. Thats the problem with cakes, you get smaller yeilds, both in fruit size and abundency (sp?)

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Offlinebluefoot
journeyman

Loc: Mother Earth
    #1011547 - 10/31/02 09:31 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Often times cakes are made with other substrates than brown rice. A lot of the cakes that you'll see with huge shrooms are due to the fact that the cakes contain certain types of seeds and grains that are more nutrient rich.

--------------------
peace
bluefoot

"There is more in us than we know. If we can be made to see it, perhaps, for the rest of our lives, we will be unwilling to settle for less." - Kurt Hahn

OfflineLSAuser
Full figuredwomen rule!
Loc: Florida
Re: why wont they grow any bigger?!? [Re: bluefoot]
    #1011576 - 10/31/02 09:40 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I thought brf had plenty of nutritions? also will combining cakes, say 10 cakes yield bigger shrooms?

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: why wont they grow any bigger?!? [Re: LSAuser]
    #1011590 - 10/31/02 09:50 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

What do you mean by "combining cakes"?

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Invisiblebrowho4d
The Brody Who?What?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Incoherent
Re: why wont they grow any bigger?!? [Re: Skikid16]
    #1011662 - 10/31/02 10:18 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

That sounds coo you mean like making a bunch of cakes then laying them tight together in a casing.

I say I don't know
I also say grain n poo

--------------------
THIS PROCEDURE HAS NOT BEEN VALIDATED FOR STERILITY HOWEVER THOUGH IT HAS BEEN SPRAYED WITH DUSTER.

OfflineExtravagantDream
Beacon in theDarkness
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in the Local Su...
Re: why wont they grow any bigger?!? [Re: LSAuser]
    #1011813 - 10/31/02 11:09 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

well if you want to get bigger flushes, you can always crumble ur cakes and make a casing of it. that way you have more surface area to absorb water and gow off of. Grains have better nutrients and alot more of them. After all in BRF jars most of ur substrate is just vermiculite. So if you want better fruits in general start growing off of grain or millet. Just combining cakes wont yeild bigger shrooms, you'll just get more of them

Offlinecelestialtripper
Test Pilot
Male User Gallery

#1012427 - 11/01/02 06:05 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

thanx for the replies ppl...i ordered an EQ syringe a couple days ago so maybe ill try a casing this time seeing as the cakes worked fine, but i just didnt get big mushies...also the problem wasnt getting enough mushies it was getting nice big ones so...could you make cakes with grain or millet and then crumble them up and case them?
thanks.

Offlineeternal
Greasy Granny'sGopher GravyTaste Tester

Loc: Here? Is there any where ...
    #1012532 - 11/01/02 07:38 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Hello,

When you use grain/millet you usually do not have cakes - Due to the fact you shake grain/millet -

If you use Aliens Substrate tek that has a lot of nutrients and I have grown some good sized mushies off that -

Good luck!!

--------------------
No matter where you go. There you are!

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: why wont they grow any bigger?!? [Re: eternal]
    #1012537 - 11/01/02 07:43 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

yes, i was going to recommend Alien. here's the latest recipe:

Alien Substrate Formula

This is a unique substrate that has the most highly and balanced nutritional content ever composed in a spawn substrate. This formula produces a very airy, spongy and evenly wet substrate which colonizes very quickly and is very easy to work with when casing. I have found through tests done with several of the more popular substrates that this substrate produces a slightly more potent mushroom, averaging 10-15% more in potency.

Important Note: Do not substitute for anything in this recipe. The 2 grains (Quinoa and Brown Rice) must be whole and not ground or powdered. The formula presented below will produce this awesome substrate, but if its altered it may be a disaster. Please follow the instructions very closely.

Alien Substrate Formula

3/4 cup of quinoa (health food store)
3/4 cup long grain brown rice (grocery store)
3 cups spring water
1 1/2 cups vermiculite (Wal-Mart)
1/8 cup flax seed (measured before grinding)
1/8 cup finch seed (measured before grinding)
1/8 cup rye berries (measured before grinding)

1. Cook the quinoa and rice (use the whole grains, not ground) by bringing it to a boil with 3 cups of spring water, then turn the heat down to a simmer, cover the pot with lid and set a timer for 20 minutes.

2. Important!! -- Be sure to cover the pot with the lid, otherwise water will be lost from evaporation.

3. While this is cooking, measure out your flax and finch seed and rye berries, then grind them up in a coffee grinder or similar.

4. Mix the ground flax, rye, and finch seed with the other dry ingredients, stir the cooking grains occasionally so as no to burn them.

5. When the grains are all done, turn off the heat and allow them to cool for a minute or so.

6. Now dump them and the water that is still in the pot (do not strain) all in with the dry mix previously prepared.

7. Mix this carefully with a fork (no hands) so it remains light and fluffy.

8. Cover and let it cool for about 15 minutes before spooning into jars. I use the vermiculite topping like PF and this has helped a lot to eliminate contaminants.

9. Don't pack the substrate when loading; try to keep it fluffy and pressure cook at 15 p.s.i. for 30 minutes.

10. If you use the PF style jars with holes in the lids, then cap the jars with aluminum foil. The substrate is very airy and makes any good cubensis grow very rizomorphic.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

OfflineDribblesmeer
explorer
Male
Loc: Uranus
Re: why wont they grow any bigger?!? [Re: Bilge]
    #5271579 - 02/06/06 10:03 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

sounds nice ill have to try it

--------------------
Shroomites often have to refrain from the temptation to dose their straight friends, since dosing anyone without their permission is just not considered ethical behavior among psychonauts.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale