Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   NordVPN NordVPN   PureVPN PureVPN   Amazon Peat

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTonyMontana
Montana RealtyCompany

ID Please
    #1012243 - 11/01/02 05:18 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

a. Habitat - Vancouver area, BC; it was dark out, appeared to be in something like peat moss in a deocrative flower bed which was encased in cement, only there weren't any flowers in it, just bushes (hope that made sense :smile:); grew individually a few inches away from each other, or in pairs
b. Characteristics of the gills - the gills are chestnut brown at the bottom edge, but if I flip the cap inside out I can see that they're mostly light brown; not sure if they're attached/not because I don't know what that means, please help me out on that one
c. Measurements of cap and stem - caps ranged from 1cm to 3.5cm, stems ranged from 1cm - 5cm; there are some measurments in the pics below
d. Characteristics of the stem - white stem, solid, thickest stem was 0.5cm, when split in two, the inside is stringy and is the color color of cedar bark; pics of it ripped below
e. Characteristics of the cap - dark chestnut brown in the center, very light whitish-brown for the majority of it, and black on the edges, concave
f. Spore print color - printing right now, pics tomorrow
g. bruises black
h. more distinct smell than store bought mushrooms

ps. I'm wasn't planning on eating these at all, I know black bruising is bad news.
Just interested in knowing what they are :smile:

--------------------
"GULF COAST TEXAS SYRINGE! EVERYTHING IS BIG IN TEXAS! Dear Keeper, I send you these pictures and spores so you may pass on this wonderful strain to the world! My cat accidentally ate a spore print and washed it down with 'Keepers Brew' when I wasn't looking. He took a 'DUMP' in your Kit A and before I new what had happened I found these monsters! WHAT THE HELL IS IN THAT BREW!?!? $35.00 + S/H " - SporeTradingPost's 'Keeper': douchebag of the century! [a not so cleverly fabricated testimonial for his website that is only effective in making even his pretend customers look like morons]

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: ID Please [Re: TonyMontana]
    #1012581 - 11/01/02 10:02 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Those look alot like baeos I've found in the past...

The print will tell you if they are or not.

DH

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #1012766 - 11/01/02 11:25 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Positively Psilocybe baeocystis

--------------------

OfflineTonyMontana
Montana RealtyCompany

Re: ID Please [Re: Lizard King]
    #1013819 - 11/01/02 06:18 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Last night I put four caps onto a white index card and placed a glass overtop. When I checked them this morning they hadn't printed. What are the odds that they will?

--------------------
"GULF COAST TEXAS SYRINGE! EVERYTHING IS BIG IN TEXAS! Dear Keeper, I send you these pictures and spores so you may pass on this wonderful strain to the world! My cat accidentally ate a spore print and washed it down with 'Keepers Brew' when I wasn't looking. He took a 'DUMP' in your Kit A and before I new what had happened I found these monsters! WHAT THE HELL IS IN THAT BREW!?!? $35.00 + S/H " - SporeTradingPost's 'Keeper': douchebag of the century! [a not so cleverly fabricated testimonial for his website that is only effective in making even his pretend customers look like morons]

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #1013831 - 11/01/02 06:23 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

realy look like baeos. when they bruised did they start blue then darken to black?

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #1013832 - 11/01/02 06:24 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

what's the humidity in your house? are they exessively dry themselves? if the RH is too low or the specimens are dry then they won't print.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Edited by concretefeet (11/01/02 06:24 PM)

OfflineJovialLeprechaun
reasonableperson
    #1014094 - 11/01/02 08:52 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

They look like the baeo's I've found.. ahah you were talking about going up to SFU last night weren't you !! Ahaha hope you didnt find my patch :smile:

Can I ask wherebouts in Vancouver you found them?

--------------------
I am a reasonable person.

OfflineTonyMontana
Montana RealtyCompany

Re: ID Please [Re: JovialLeprechaun]
    #1015033 - 11/02/02 04:37 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Okay... :smile:
I figured a bunch of stuff out :smile:
First off, concretefeet, the bruising "black" was a combination of some of the mushrooms being really wet and on their way to rotting, along with me being a newbie and pinching the living heck out of the good ones to see if they would bruise.
One of the caps that was already drying up really resembled some of the mushrooms I had eaten in the past. But I played with it so much it started to black too, and I was unsure. The ones that were still wet I couldn't recognize from the past at all.
So... I went back there today a grabbed a whole bunch more. They looked a whole lot fresher and looked and smelled exactly like the ones I had the last time I tripped. I completely recognized them. The cold weather had preserved them nicely, and I was a lot easier on them when I picked them. So this time I could actually clearly see the bluing. Sooo cool :smile:

Also, I got one to drop its spores by getting one of those cheap 'dixie-cups,' filling it up, dumping it out, and placing it over the caps while it still had water droplettes in it. Then I put a shoebox over the whole thing.

After I got home from the hunt and checked it, it was purplish-brown.
I ate a few caps and watched The Naked Gun 2 1/2 and it was great :smile: I didn't have enough to get get any visuals, but I was cracking up over the stupidest jokes even when I knew they were coming. And then The Juiceman infomercial came on after, so that was deja vous from another trip. *shakes head* What is it about me doing shrooms and seeing the stupid Juiceman commercial? lol

Anyway, thanks guys. :smile:

Jovial, I'm gonna send you a PM right now. 

--------------------

OfflineUnity333
addict
 User Gallery

#1015610 - 11/02/02 12:50 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Those are great looking mushrooms you have there!!!

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #1016020 - 11/02/02 04:30 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

coould you give me a detailed description of the stipes of the fresher specimens?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   NordVPN NordVPN   PureVPN PureVPN   Amazon Peat

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification