Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOttoGenerated
Stranger

Re: Custom Built FC Closet [Re: potatonet]
    #10042743 - 03/25/09 11:15 PM (15 years, 6 days ago)

If something less expensive works better, why not go with that?

Although, I have a tendency to over-mechanize in the name of automation, myself.

Your chamber looks beautiful. I hope, one day, to build something as impressive :smile:. Good luck with your technical difficulties!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineballeman3
Consumed
Male User Gallery

Re: Custom Built FC Closet [Re: OttoGenerated]
    #10043538 - 03/26/09 02:25 AM (15 years, 6 days ago)

I don't think that sticking a humidifier in FC chamber and punching some holes in it would work better than precisely controlling and mixing everything but yes I tend to get carried away.

I bought two 40$ 110v ultrasonics I was going to use the parts out of them, but as it turns out the Dollar Mart's garden mister's actually outperform them...

FC is finished with auto fill water system...

Edited by balleman3 (04/02/09 04:44 AM)

Offlineballeman3
Consumed
Male User Gallery

Re: Custom Built FC Closet [Re: balleman3]
    #10092188 - 04/02/09 03:27 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I just put a few of the tubs in the FC. The one on the top right (in FC) was already starting to pin when I removed the top and it looks the best to me. I have five more tubs that look about like the one pictured on the bottom, should I go ahead and put them in the FC, or wait for a bit more colonization like the one that pinned on the top right?
My RH humidity is staying at 95-99% with massive FAE will this be OK as long as my casing don't become waterlogged?

The tub that's pinning was compacted at spawn and weighs 20% more, I started it a week early it obviously had no problems colonizing and should yield more...

Edited by balleman3 (04/02/09 04:51 AM)

Invisibleshroomiin
unprofound

Loc: Zone 6 Flag
Re: Custom Built FC Closet [Re: SillyBilly]
    #10092333 - 04/02/09 04:51 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

sweet

OfflineDigital Reality
Strangers in the dark
Male

Re: Custom Built FC Closet [Re: shroomiin]
    #10092676 - 04/02/09 07:22 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Man not trying to bust your balls cuz your setup seems to be working but there is just a lot of shit you could have eliminated and made into one unit. The biggest thing i see is your auto feed bucked with that homemade box crap. I understand that the foggers need to stay like an inch below water to work correctly, but try and picture this

Instead of all of that, just have your 5 gallon bucket. Then use a fogger like you have with one of the floats from here

http://www.mainlandmart.com/foggers.html

There at the bottom. Basically they keep the fogger at proper water level no matter how much water you have in the bucket. So now you have a bucket full of fog.

Now you take some type of squirrel cage blower or whatever you can find to move enough air for your setup and either put that directly on the lid of your bucket so its pushing air into the bucket, or pipe the air into the bucket from wherever you setup your blower.

So now you have a bucket with plenty of fog/humidity with air going in. So finally you pipe in a few exhaust tubes on the bucket that go to your chamber, so all the air that the blower pumps in is now saturated and goes directly into your chamber but only eliminating all of the other things you have setup that can go wrong. Then the only thing you have to do is dial in your chamber with a timer on the fogger to turn on and off enough to keep your rh where it needs to be.

Hopefully you understand what im trying to say but if now i can post some pics when i get home. Its what i use for my setup and ive never had a single problem out of it. Simple and compact and does the same job all of stuff you have does.

Nice job though on your setup, hope it continues to work out for you

Digital

Offlineballeman3
Consumed
Male User Gallery

Re: Custom Built FC Closet [Re: Digital Reality]
    #10095288 - 04/02/09 03:46 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Yes that would be easier and I am familiar with that type of set up but I did it this way for a few different reasons. What about my colonization question should I put the rest in the FC now???

Offlineballeman3
Consumed
Male User Gallery

#10096792 - 04/02/09 07:53 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I just put a few of the tubs in the FC. The one on the top right (in FC) was already starting to pin when I removed the top and it looks the best to me. I have five more tubs that look about like the one pictured on the bottom, should I go ahead and put them in the FC, or wait for a bit more colonization like the one that pinned on the top right?

The tub that's pinning was compacted at spawn and weighs 20% more, I started it a week early it obviously had no problems colonizing and should yield more...

Well I guess I will put the other tubs in the FC tonight if I don't get a response...

Offlinekoopa_troopa
the fun guy
Male User Gallery

#10097264 - 04/02/09 09:02 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I really like the streamline looks of the FC.. its the george clooney of fruiting chambers lol.. only prob is that its a little difficult to make out whats what and what not :smile: maybe ms paint some labels on their for us? would love to get a more inlightened view of the thing..

Im actually putting together a new fruiting chamber as well.. possibly going to retire tho ol greenhouse.. Going to use a 4x4ft Hydrohut like the one seen here
http://www.hydroponicgarden.net/content-product_info/product_id-1241/hydrohut_original.html
copped one off of ebay a couple weeks ago for a lil over $100, decking it out with shelves, hepa and such as we speak, hopefully have pics up sometime this month! :smile:

--------------------

Koopa Out
OfThisWorld,SmilingDownOnOurs: BirsdEyeView,NeverNewLife,PastsFastAsCars

Offlineballeman3
Consumed
Male User Gallery

Re: Custom Built FC Closet [Re: koopa_troopa]
    #10097459 - 04/02/09 09:26 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Thats the same type I was looking to put in my closet before I started building but I couldn't find one the right size for my space requirements. I will post some more things about my set up when I finish, right now its still evolving.
What about my casing colonization??? Opinions Please!!!

Offlinepotatonet
Quantum Scientist
I'm a teapot

Loc: Far side of the moon
    #10097621 - 04/02/09 09:44 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

needs some more colonization
:thumbup:

--------------------
In the Quechua language of Peru there are over 1000 words for "potato"

Offlinekoopa_troopa
the fun guy
Male User Gallery

Re: Custom Built FC Closet [Re: potatonet]
    #10098406 - 04/03/09 12:13 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

actually the greenhouse with slits in it and the humidifier sitting inside works great.. just set the humidifier on a timer and you can get everything down to exact conditions.. its not like the number of holes etc are changing! Ive used that set up for years! works like a charm

--------------------

Koopa Out
OfThisWorld,SmilingDownOnOurs: BirsdEyeView,NeverNewLife,PastsFastAsCars

Offlineballeman3
Consumed
Male User Gallery

Re: Custom Built FC Closet [Re: koopa_troopa]
    #10098635 - 04/03/09 01:52 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

OK I guess I will let the rest of the tubs colonize a bit more before I put them in the FC, I was just worried about them overlaying. Do I still have potential for a good pinset with the ones I put in the FC already?

Offlineballeman3
Consumed
Male User Gallery

#10114544 - 04/06/09 02:42 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I'm getting some fat pins!!!  This one is Malabar.

I have one ultrasonic running 24-7 and just adjust my fresh air supply to get my desired RH. I'm going thru about two gallons of distilled water and 1/2 a bottle of H2O2 per day. I would use filtered water but I'm not sure about the quality of my tap water?

Offlinepotatonet
Quantum Scientist
I'm a teapot

Loc: Far side of the moon
    #10116637 - 04/06/09 12:35 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

dont use tap water, it has a LOT of crap in it that you dont want, try running the ultrasonic a little less those things look REALLY moist.

I think you triggered pinning, just a little less water and you should be ok.

dont blow so much air into there that it drops your RH when you have an ultrasonic blowing all the time.

just got to work out the kinks and everything will be fine.

--------------------
In the Quechua language of Peru there are over 1000 words for "potato"

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder