Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepotatonet
Quantum Scientist
I'm a teapot

Loc: Far side of the moon
Re: ! [Re: NineInchNails]
    #10157568 - 04/13/09 12:13 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

yes but not 3000 watts

--------------------
In the Quechua language of Peru there are over 1000 words for "potato"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejohnwayne
Stranger

Loc: 8200 ft
Re: ! [Re: potatonet]
    #10157621 - 04/13/09 12:22 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

potatonet said:
dont know bout you guys but here they have these things called IR detectors on helicopters that they use at night to see which houses light up like the sun from the heat of the lamps or the exhaust from the circulation fans.

its called a patio bitches!

they cant see through your walls homie, just the heat your exhaust leaks to the outside......

Invisiblenovicemycology
dabbeler
 User Gallery

Re: ! [Re: johnwayne]
    #10232847 - 04/25/09 07:08 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

In regard to the original topic of this post before it was hijacked here's the update I promised.

Colonization of the sub went avg/slow, pin set was avg, fruits were amazingly above avg.
Alittle background on my current MS strain performance.  Normal conditions in substrate created thousands upon thousands of of pins with very high, abort to mature fruit ratio with medium sized fruits. Now with the added Nitro I had no aborts and a full canopy of above avg sized fruits!!  I'm completely amazed and curious so I'm going for round 2!

Offlinepotatonet
Quantum Scientist
I'm a teapot

Re: ! [Re: novicemycology]
    #10232994 - 04/25/09 07:32 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

pics!

--------------------

Invisiblenovicemycology
dabbeler
 User Gallery

#10238355 - 04/26/09 06:52 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Fruits above the bill are average from the nitro recipe fruit on the bill was about average without the added nitro.  Grown in a 10 gal tub (not mono) same MS WBS spawned to coir/coffee, nitro recipe coir/coffee/blood meal ratio to be disclosed once I repeat results.
  I double the dry yield from 2oz to 4oz.  I'm used to getting a 4oz 1st flush with other strains, this strain just had massive abort/mature fruit ratio with small fruits to boot and these results proved true time and time again.  They acted totally different with the added blood meal once fruiting began!!!

I will update in about a month on repeated results!!

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: ! [Re: novicemycology]
    #10246402 - 04/27/09 10:43 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Perhaps it's the N, perhaps something else in the meal.  I've also noticed and reported growing monsters when chicken manure is added to substrates, and it's also high in N, but also other things.  I don't worry about nutrients so much, but make sure the mushrooms get a proper substrate.  It's common for commercial growers to add chicken manure to straw for oysters and to compost for button mushrooms for increased yield.  Coffee also is high in N and gives a boost.  However, it must be remembered, it's the total substrate that grows the fruits, not any single ingredient.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: ! [Re: johnwayne]
    #10246449 - 04/27/09 10:51 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

johnwayne said:

they cant see through your walls homie, just the heat your exhaust leaks to the outside......

Not trying to continue the thread jack, but yes they can see through walls. A good IR scanner/camera can see the perfect outline of a man through over a foot of solid concrete from his heat sig.  When I worked at microsoft, we had an IR camera for checking electrical connections, and it could read the label on our baseball hats from through two walls.  They can see FAR more shit than they release in those pictures showing red around windows and chimneys and blue elsewhere. 

Just a fyi in case you're growing and think they can't see your lights if they have reason to look.  I know better.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinepotatonet
Quantum Scientist
I'm a teapot

Re: ! [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #10246967 - 04/28/09 12:16 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Quote:

johnwayne said:

Not trying to continue the thread jack, but yes they can see through walls. A good IR scanner/camera can see the perfect outline of a man through over a foot of solid concrete from his heat sig.  When I worked at microsoft, we had an IR camera for checking electrical connections, and it could read the label on our baseball hats from through two walls.  They can see FAR more shit than they release in those pictures showing red around windows and chimneys and blue elsewhere. 

Just a fyi in case you're growing and think they can't see your lights if they have reason to look.  I know better.
RR

THANK YOU!

The way they do it in canada is they only investigate your house if you consume more than 4 kw on average per day. then they bust out the IR.

--------------------

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
    #10246989 - 04/28/09 12:21 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

IR cameras are used to do sweeps around here (in Canada). I have no idea how accurate they are from the distance they fly at or how much of the area they actually do cover, but I'm sure they can check you out even if you are not on their watch list.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Offlinepotatonet
Quantum Scientist
I'm a teapot

Re: ! [Re: ScavengerType]
    #10246996 - 04/28/09 12:24 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

no doubt, they dont just go out to a house and hover...

hahaha

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract