Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd, The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
All Souls - All Saints
    #1011382 - 10/31/02 10:30 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

On Halloween 1989, I began a journal that I am still writng in. It is almost 3'' thick, and modeled after Jung's autobiogaphy (Memories, Dreams, Reflections), but titled 'Visions, Dreams and Epiphanies.' OK, not very original, but I was in Jungian analysis, and was later to apply for training to become an analyst, so I was a 'Jungian' groupie then. Beginning with the first entry, and then every Halloween since '89, I have made a Halloween entry which included a colored drawing of a Jack-O-Lantern. One can see in each pumpkin where I was at psychologically: impersonal, depressed, in shock, frantic; then I began to get healthier (following my divorce in '92 and four year recovery from marriage to a psychic vampyr).

My Jack-O-Lanterns got happier and more radiant, and this is the first Halloween that I have not made an entry - yet. This weekend I will, til the journal is exhausted. As I left the Jung trip behind, the dream entries and synchronicities no longer needed to be recorded, just lived through. Something else occurred as well. The 'soulful' holiday of Halloween, or All Hallows Eve, or All Souls Day (soul, being psyche in Greek), gave way to more 'spiritual' holidays - not calendar holidays, even though there are days of the year in which these holidays are commemorated, but 'interior holidays.' What I mean is, inner experiences shifted more and more from the psyche, to the spirit. My inner life became less and less magical, and more and more mystical. Just as All Saints Day rises with the dawn that follows All Souls, my inner life became brighter and brighter. Now I recognized this shift a good ten years before '89, but perhaps some of you have realized (at certain very heightened moments) that we repeat cyclical processes in life, but not entirely closed circles - more like spirals - circular, but upward so that we can see that we've had this realization before, but we see it more clearly now (I hope that makes sense), like 'we've been here before, but keep forgetting til we're back in that heightened space again).

The first time someone handed me a copy of BE HERE NOW in a friend's college dorm, during a troubled acid trip around 1973, the shift was 'Initiated,' and a movement began from 'me' (my identity, my ego) living no higher than my Manipura Chakra at the stomach - the seat of the Earthly soul, and navel of the microcosm of our body, to the Hridayam - the Heart Cave, the Sacred Heart (not merely the Anahata Chakra). Love over Will - the righting of the perversion of the Crowleyan formula. Prayer over Force, Light over Darkness. The path upward gets brighter and brighter until the encounter with Constant C - Infinite Light, at which point the Light makes it descent back to finitude, to Enlighten the darkness that we formerly inhabited and called 'myself.'

Well, I got carried away (sorry about that), but something 'magical' still happens to me on All Hallows Eve: I relive the shift from 'dusk til dawn' in my inner life. Pink Floyd's 'Echoes' ends, and there begins a Grateful Dead's 'sunshine daydream.'

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: All Souls - All Saints [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1011943 - 11/01/02 02:04 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineShroomalicious
You may say I'ma dreamer...

Loc: The Shire
    #1012127 - 11/01/02 04:02 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Love over Will - the righting of the perversion of the Crowleyan formula. Prayer over Force, Light over Darkness. The path upward gets brighter and brighter until the encounter with Constant C - Infinite Light, at which point the Light makes it descent back to finitude, to Enlighten the darkness that we formerly inhabited and called 'myself.'

Worth repeating in my opinion.

NICE POST! :smile:

--------------------
Shroomalicious - :smile: I love you and in doing so I love myself, because we ARE all one :smile: - "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth leaves the whole world blind and toothless". - Mahatma Ghandi

Invisiblemr crisper

#1012226 - 11/01/02 04:59 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

but perhaps some of you have realized (at certain very heightened moments) that we repeat cyclical processes in life, but not entirely closed circles - more like spirals - circular, but upward so that we can see that we've had this realization before, but we see it more clearly now

life is spinning.
methinks if one doesn't learn the lesson being given - it's spirals compressed to look like circles until the information sinks in. as one learns life's lessons at a faster pace, the spirals become more 3 dimensional, further work stretches the spirals as the wavelength changes and the flow of knowledge increases. one can accelerate until the flow is in a straight line. stretch out your day-glo slinky to see what i mean.
the point where it flows in a straight line......

OfflineNewbie2000
Idiot:www.soby.us

Re: All Souls - All Saints [Re: mr crisper]
    #1012739 - 11/01/02 11:09 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Wow. This is an intersting thread. I don't even know where to begin. I am a fan of Jung myself. I guess that's all I can say. I really wish I had some deep commentary to make, but I'm new here. Give me some time.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #1013315 - 11/01/02 03:03 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

thank ye, sir.

ah, days around here are more of a pink floyd 'wish you were here' since a very sad break up. a sugar magnolia->sunshine daydream w/ donna godcheaux wailing away on my soul day would be a very nice day indeed.

glad you're well.

blessings, cj

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

OfflineIni
daughter of theyew- tree

Loc: Switzerland
    #1013953 - 11/01/02 07:26 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

@marko

just some footnote words...

all saints and all souls are the christian (catholic) interpretation of the ancient celtic new year called ?samhain? the beginning of the dark half of the year. The Celts believe(d), that in this night (celtic hollydays begin at sunset, as every new day beginns at sunset) the doors to the ?opposite world? are open, so the souls of the death and the unborn can come to this world. The christian missionarys wanted to eradicate the old religion, so they set the dates of the new christian hollydays simmilar to the old ?heathenish? hollydays. But the populace celebrated the same feasts with other names. Halloween means ?all hallows eve?, the nigt before all saints. This rite was brought to America by the Irish immigrants.

The eight celitc main hollydays are:

1: Nov. 1. Samhain
2: About Dec. 21. winter solstice
3: Feb. 1. Imbolc
4: About March 21. invernal equinox
5: May 1. Beltene
6: About June 21. summer solstice
7: August 1. Lugnasad
8: About Sept. 21. autumnal equinox

Their catholic equivalents

1: all saints
2: Christmas