Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: I found some psilocybes, but not sure which ones.. [Re: viscid]
    #1011242 - 10/31/02 07:37 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Viscid, I have wavy fotos of in vitro grow P. mexicana, P. caerulescens and even P. cubensis. It is a characteristic of the genus psilocybe. I even have some wavy P. baeocystis osted at my site which will be up here again at the shroomery.

P. stuntzii,s also get wavy caps, as do four of the australian species related to P. subaeruginosa.

Looka t my post in shroom pictures and also at Roadkills shrooming with MJ images posted two days ago at the mushroom hunting forum to see wavy caped stuntziiz.

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblethescientist
Loc: Dade County
Re: I found some psilocybes, but not sure which ones.. [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1011274 - 10/31/02 07:51 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

mj, its easy for you to say two mush dont look alike, but how many mushrooms can you identify?
how many subtle characteristics are obvious to you?
for an amateur identifying any mushroom is decent
thankfully Ps stain blue
how easy would it be for most to identify them w/o blue staining?
peace all
mj you do great things

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: I found some psilocybes, but not sure which ones.. [Re: thescientist]
    #1011315 - 10/31/02 08:07 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Actually not all Psilocybe mushrooms stain blue. Most liberty caps have hardly any bluing in them whatsoever and neither do Psilocyben pelliculosa or P. silvatica. Concocybe cyanopus only have a light bue color at the bulboues watery based stem. Not all P. cubensis stain blue for that matter.

Bluing is onlan indication that their might be psilocine or psilocybine in them and not an indication of potency as originally suggested int he early and middle q950s my mycologists Rolf Singer and ALexander H.. SMith. Not all inocybe mushrooms stain blue, nor do allof the Gymnopilus stain blue.

In fact many people here post images of mushrooms which they say are staining blue when in fact they are looking at cateria of a blue nature or rotting shrooms which appear black.

Also many people post messages that the shrooms turn purpple. Purple is only part of the color of the spore deposit which is generally chocolate to purple-brown in Psilocybe species and there are more than 87 other Psilocybe species chich contain no psilocybine at all so not all Psilocybe mushropoms stain blue.

Not all blue rigers stain blue. IT depends on weather conditions and also on human handling.

and sometimes on sun condiitions after light rain.

There are more than 2200 images of 57 psilocybiaN SPECIES OUT OF A TOTAL OF MORE THAN 190 NOW KNOWN AND IDENTIFIED SPECIES POSTED AT MY AWEBSITE. yOU C SHOULD GO LOOK AND MAKE SOME COMPARISONS. i WILL BE ADING MANY NEW IMAGES OF BOTH INVITRO AND IN SITU IMAGES TO SHOW HOW DIFFENRENT A PARTICULAR SPECIES CAN LOOK WHEN GRROWN INFDOORS AS TO WHATIUIT LOOKS WHEN IT IS GROWN OUTDOORS.

p. CYANESCENS GROWS 7-9 INCHES TALL IN VITRO AND ONLY FOUR TO SIX IN A NATURAL HABITAT. p. MEXICANA RESEMBLE LIBERTY CAPS INTHE WILD AND THEN WHEN GROWN INDOORS THE CAPS TURN UP ON THE LEFT AND RIGHT OF EACH CAP. tHERE ARE IMAGES POSTED HERE AT THE SHROOMERY TO SHOW COMPARISONS, INCLUDING p. CUBES WITH WAVY CAPS AND p. CAERULWSCENS AND EVEN DIFERENCES AND SIMILARITIES OF p. CAERULESCENS WITH p. WEILII.

SEE THE FOLLOWING url IF IT HASN'T BEEN DELETED BY YAGE.NET HERE AT THIS POST:

There are three pages to this post which started out as a complaint about Mr. G, who apparently did not know that pineapples are from Paraguay and Brazil, not Hawaii. And neither were the cattle which came to Florida were frpom Europe and Africa and not fromthe far east.

here is the URL for comparison photos of some of the characteristics and similarieties of the genus psilocybe.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Vendor&Number=606649&page=&view=&sb=&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

mj

Invisiblethescientist
Loc: Dade County
    #1011327 - 10/31/02 08:10 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

my mistake:P

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #1011420 - 10/31/02 08:50 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

MJ, i wish i could find a 7-9 in. cyan. in nature!

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineTonyMontana
Montana RealtyCompany

Re: I found some psilocybes, but not sure which ones.. [Re: canid]
    #1011745 - 10/31/02 10:54 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I'm bored. I think I'll go up to SFU right now :wink: 

--------------------
"GULF COAST TEXAS SYRINGE! EVERYTHING IS BIG IN TEXAS! Dear Keeper, I send you these pictures and spores so you may pass on this wonderful strain to the world! My cat accidentally ate a spore print and washed it down with 'Keepers Brew' when I wasn't looking. He took a 'DUMP' in your Kit A and before I new what had happened I found these monsters! WHAT THE HELL IS IN THAT BREW!?!? $35.00 + S/H " - SporeTradingPost's 'Keeper': douchebag of the century! [a not so cleverly fabricated testimonial for his website that is only effective in making even his pretend customers look like morons]

OfflineJovialLeprechaun
reasonableperson
Re: I found some psilocybes, but not sure which ones.. [Re: TonyMontana]
    #1012402 - 11/01/02 05:49 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

good luck, my patch has stopped fruiting till the next rain, hope ya had fun up there though, i sure did!!!!

--------------------
I am a reasonable person.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order