Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
Funky Buffalo
    #1011195 - 10/31/02 09:19 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I've got a casing of Thai Pink Buffalo in the fruiting chamber, producing some strange looking pins/fruits, the likes of which I have never seen. This may be due to the fact that all of my work so far has been with EQ's.

I inoculated a pint jar of the standard BRF about a month ago with a P.B. syringe that I received in a trade over the summer (I got the syringe in with the following strains....T.C., Pes Haw., Plantasia Mystery, and B+). Mycelial growth was weak, yet productuve enough to colonize the entire jar within a month. I spawned the cake into a generic brand 3n1, and supprisigly growth was a lot better, and after a week of incubation the casing was ready for birth. Two days later I have pins and friutbodies forming. The pins look like antlers, relatively tall, very pointy. Caps are starting to form on top of them, but they are very flat, and from what I can see a veil seems to be absent. The fruit-bodies, and caps alike are light grey to grey-blue in color. Temps are low 70's. The RH is probably on the high side as I've also got an experimental cake in the chamber as well. The substrate is only about 1.5" thick, which is a bit thinner than I usually like, but I ran out (in hindsight I should have stretched it out with some Verm. D'oh!).

I've dug around here at the shroomery and there really seems to be a lack of information concerning this strain, both in cult. and photos. I wish I had a digi-cam to take some pics. Anyway, after my speil.....does anybody have any idea what the deal is?

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLSAuser
Full figuredwomen rule!
Loc: Florida
Re: Funky Buffalo [Re: I_Fart_Blue]
    #1011206 - 10/31/02 09:25 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Are you sure they are even buffalo strain and not some toxic mushrooms? make sure they bruise blue, otherwise they arent magic mushrooms!

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #1011209 - 10/31/02 09:27 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Weird man, can't help you, I've never worked with them, sorry.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

#1012502 - 11/01/02 09:18 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

*bump*

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

Offlinevatoloco
Puppet Hunter -DBK
Post deleted by MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST [Re: I_Fart_Blue]
    #1013141 - 11/01/02 01:45 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Re: Funky Buffalo [Re: vatoloco]
    #1014880 - 11/02/02 03:38 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I agree there Vato. The prognosis does not look good, and I am at a complete loss for words on these. The fruitbodies just do not look like any P.Cubensis that I have seen in photos, or in my limited personal experience. I also just crushed a more mature mushroom of the bunch in my hand. There is no bluing whatsoever present. I am not sure what I have here, but I am nearly 100% sure that they are not any strain of P.Cubensis. The colors are wrong, the shape of the fruits is wrong. The complete lack of a veil has me scratching my head. I really do not think they are active either. The good news, if any can be taken out of this, is that whatever I have growing is going to produce a very prolific flush. I am going to ride it out for the journey, but the concern of toxicity is way too great and I highly doubt edibility of these fruits.

Mods....perhaps this would be better suited for the Mushroom Hunting forum where somebody could potentially make some sort of guess there? :confused: :confused: 

--------------------

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#1015178 - 11/02/02 06:51 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Is there any way you can show us some pics?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation