Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]
Invisibleblkjkrabbit

Re: Quitting my job tomorrow without notice [Re: Kumara]
    #10108884 - 04/05/09 03:23 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
Quote:

brainsOplenty said:
quitting without giving notice is A ROYAL DICK-MOVE! we can only hope you work for the shroomery

How is it a dick move?

People get fired on the spot all the time.

Quitting w/out giving notice is nothing more than firing your employer.

Nothing wrong with that

hallelujah fucking amen
Quote:

Kumara said:
Quote:

This is the worst advice I have ever heard ,from the stand point of a business owner/manager  .......
We hang out with all the other people who do the same things we do {other business owners},when we had our weekly meeting ,it might go a little something like this...........

OWNER 1:
Yeah ,I had some guy walk out on me today ,he just up and quit and was pretty rude ,he did not even exsplain why he left......:shrug:
OWNER 2 :
Well that was not nice ,who did you say that was..........
OWNER1:
His name was so and so........
OWNER2 I will have to remember that,that seems really odd with todays job markett...:shrug:

What a load.
As a business owner, and generally intelligent person, if I were talking to another business owner and was told someone just up and left, particularly in this job market, I would start asking a lot of questions, instead of just assuming the guy who quit was a dick.  Who the hell just walks off a perfectly good job where the work environment is awesome and supportive for no reason?  They don't.  It's either, the job is SHIT, or the guy has internal/personal stuff to work out, and anyone who isn't brainwashed to believe that their job is EVERYTHING knows that getting your life straight is way more important than and doesn't necessarily include showing up for a stupid job.

I've had employees who have been with me since day one, who have stuck it out even when things were thin a few years ago and they weren't getting paid, because it rocks to work with me, and I'm straight up and respectful to them, and we're all family. 

I've never had anyone quit on me without notice, but I've quit on several people without notice and it's never affected my career, at any age.  I've also been stuck covering for someone else quitting without notice, and it really never bothered me, unless I was wishing I could have quit myself.

If something is killing your spirit, then just go.  GO.  Other people are judging you because they've been conditioned to believe certain things are "right" and "wrong".  You know what's best for you and ONLY you, but you'll probably feel a LOT better about yourself if you at least tell whoever, face to face, when you pick up your check, that you won't be back.  You don't need to explain yourself, in fact, it's probably better if you don't so you don't get sucked into defending your position.

Just tell them, that you've put a lot of thought into it, and you apologize for not giving notice, but you will not be returning to work.  You can say you have personal reasons that you don't wish to discuss, and let it stand at that.

You'll be fine.  What matters most, is that you are doing the right thing for yourself.

best advice/post in the thread IMO :thumbup:

Edited by blkjkrabbit (04/05/09 03:24 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom