Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibled3dbdym4n
Loc: California
Breaking up colonized rye before spawning to bulk...
    #10102215 - 04/03/09 07:18 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I didn't break up my rye into little bits like when I did grain to grain transfers, it's actually more or less large clumps of colonized rye between two layers of bulk substrate, will this be okay?

Edited by d3dbdym4n (04/03/09 07:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGetHyphae
Stranger

Re: Breaking up colonized rye before spawning to bulk... [Re: d3dbdym4n]
    #10102349 - 04/03/09 07:43 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

there will be less inoculation points and it is probably a little uneven, which may effect the pattern of colonization, but if you let it sit properly and it doesn't contam I am sure it will colonize...maybe a bit slower.

But I may be wrong.

OfflineOttoGenerated
Stranger

Re: Breaking up colonized rye before spawning to bulk... [Re: GetHyphae]
    #10102613 - 04/03/09 08:53 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Couldn't you just shake it now and break up the clumps? I'm a noob, so I really don't know. It just seems like it should make sense.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Breaking up colonized rye before spawning to bulk... [Re: OttoGenerated]
    #10102624 - 04/03/09 08:56 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

It should be fine, younr gonna shake your jars anyway around 20-30% to spread the myc around.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineFrequency
Elemental

Re: Breaking up colonized rye before spawning to bulk... [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10102734 - 04/03/09 09:31 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Much like casing a fully colonized BRF cake, simply use sterile technique to break up the colonized rye-mass: Shake the mass out of the jar into a new plastic zip-lock bag. Gently massage the myc mass inside the bag into smaller chunks in order to case or for G2G. Pour from the pag and enjoy! Cheers!

--------------------
McKenna: I think that I am always, from the very first psychedelic experience, had the uncanny intuition that "Yes this has been around for 50,000 years" but it somehow going to be critically important in our lifetime. That we will need it for something. Maybe just to think our way out of the mess that we're getting into.
Shulgin: If it's needed, we have it. That's the beauty. The tool is there. For the time when the need is obvious. And this may be our lifetime...

Invisibleshroomzey
Humble Student
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Breaking up colonized rye before spawning to bulk... [Re: Frequency]
    #10108022 - 04/04/09 11:30 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Frequency said:
Much like casing a fully colonized BRF cake, simply use sterile technique to break up the colonized rye-mass: Shake the mass out of the jar into a new plastic zip-lock bag. Gently massage the myc mass inside the bag into smaller chunks in order to case or for G2G. Pour from the pag and enjoy! Cheers!

Or, you simply bang the 100% colonized jar against a bike tire or a really thick phone book.  You'll separate each kernel from one another, which makes it cake for doing G2G.  Once you pour those kernels into a another jar, make sure you shake that puppy up real good and get the colonized kernels distributed as evenly as possible.  This will lead to faster colonization.

There are only 2 times that you should shake a jar for speed up colonization.  At 30% after a MS inoculation of grains.  And right after a G2G transfer into a fresh jar.

Anything more or in between that and you're tearing up the mycelium too much and/or slowing down full colonization.

--------------------

200 years from now, we will look back and laugh at ourselves for how stupid we were.
My Glovebox
Find a respected member of the community and study them.  I give thanks to: RogerRabbit, agar, hyphae, Nibin, fahtster, The shroomy 1, monstermitch, FooMan, HippieChick, Blue Helix, eatyualive, mycofile, and many, many more.
Never accept mediocrity, always return the love that is given to you.

OfflineDaWzzrd
Stranger
Re: Breaking up colonized rye before spawning to bulk... [Re: shroomzey]
    #27443357 - 08/26/21 05:59 AM (2 years, 6 months ago)

Hey guys,

Fairly new to this, but not horticulture in general.

I have broken up/disturbed/evened out my colonised mycelia 3 times.

My question is have I F!*cked it?

I guess only time will tell but for those of you that are more experts in this field is it likely to recolonise to bare fruit but just take more time now. Or should I start gain?

Peace and Love

OfflineChickamauga
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Breaking up colonized rye before spawning to bulk... [Re: veda_sticks]
    #27444066 - 08/26/21 04:09 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

I just colonized 5 lb of rye in one bag and I never shook it up and I broke it up when I put it in my substrate and two days later it's taken off great

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order