Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesilver
Stranger
Help
    #1010787 - 10/31/02 06:09 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I went shroom hunting today, and saw many many shrooms on dung, I only managed to pick one mushroom off of dung, to see if I should go back tonight and grab the mother load that was there.

I am in texas, it was horse manure at an equestrian farm (I know the back way :wink: ). It has black gills with a bell shape, the cap is pretty small in diameter, the stem is watery and stringy, but I tore it in half and see no bluing, just water coming out.

Im not going to eat it or try it like a dumb ass, but with no pictures, I have a hard time thinking anyone can ID it. I dont know how to spore print.

I also found a bunch of little shrooms that were on and around some really really old and decayed, (still wet wood.) They resemble liberty caps, but what the fuck do I know? 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineviscid
dikaryon

Loc: the mycological center of...
Re: Help [Re: silver]
    #1010819 - 10/31/02 06:25 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

no libbs on wood.
horse dung, any panaeolus will do.
need info.
read this,  will help:
Before you post an identification request in this forum, it?s important you know which features are needed so the mushroom can be identified.

A good picture of the mushrooms is invaluable.
Along with the pictures, and even more so if you don? have pictures please give an accurate description including

a. Habitat (where and what does it grow on)
b. Characteristics of the gills (color, attached/not, gills/pores, etc)
c. Measurements of cap and stem.
d. Characteristics of the stem (color, texture, hollow/solid, thin/thick, etc)
e. Characteristics of the cap (color, texture, concical/spherical, convex/concave, etc)
f. Spore print color (very important!)
g. Color that the mushroom briuses
h. Scent of mushroom

For more detailed recomendations please visit this thread.

For the explanation of mycological terms please refer to www.shroomery.org/glossary2/ .

Visit the Shroomery Bookstore !
Read the Shroomery FAQ !
First, do not eat any mushroom without identifying it first! You could die of mushroom poisoning. And do not give out or ask for specific locations. It is against the rules of this forum

Take a spore print by cutting the cap from the stem and placing a cap on a sheet of aluminum foil. The spores should drop in an hour or two. The color of the spores is a great help in identifying the mushroom.

Post a picture of the mushroom from above and beneath with a picture of the spore print.

Tell us what state, province, or area it was found in plus what was it growing on; wood, the ground, dung, or what.

Without the above information we cannot help you very much.

DO NOT PLACE A BUNCH OF MUSHROOMS IN A PILE, TAKE A PICTURE AND EXPECT US TO IDENTIFY THEM!

For further information read the next post and read THIS LINK, if you haven't done so already!

word!!!!! :shocked:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification