Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, HEPA Filter, Magnetic Stirrer, Microscope, Paul Stamets

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelaguendo
Serotoninja

Loc: Here and there and up nor...
Bulk LGM production.
    #1010669 - 10/31/02 05:36 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I've had plenty of success growing mycelium in LGM's of various kinds but have
as of yet only had casings with tricho or PH8+. This is the reason I'm considering
this, bulk LGM production.

It seems as if the research on psilocybine presence in mycelium is contradictory
as far as I've been able to find out. Some people say there are plenty some say
the opposite. Anyway...
Giant jars filled with honeywater LGM that are left to constantly grow. Perhaps
some kind of mechanical rotation device inside to split it up. And whenever you run
low on honey/water you just refill it. Would this setup provide ample amount of
psilocybine mycelium? What do you all think?

I've read somewhere that at one point the mycelium can no longer replicate itself
due to the genetic material having copied too many times. Is there any truth to this
and how early/late do you people think the effect would kick in?

I think it'd be neat to have a 50L jar from which I could just tap some psilocybine
mycelium... And the effort to produce this would be so much smaller than actually
growing the fruitbody of the mushroom.

Any suggestions on what strain colonizes quickly in water or perhaps there is not
much difference when compared to cultivation in solid substrates?

Of course I realize the imperative of hygiene and sterility since LGM is prone to
contamination. An additional issue is that contams are not as easily detectable as
in solid substrates.

Give me your thoughts...

--------------------
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAlkaloids
3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine
Male

Loc: pubis mons
Re: Bulk LGM production. [Re: laguendo]
    #1010943 - 10/31/02 07:15 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

since I am procrastinating... *lol*
Stamets discusses bulk mycelial production in GGMM and MC. If you don't have that you should get them.
I wouldn't even begin to hypothesize on when mycelial growth will stop. Not my area of expertise.

As to just growing lots of mycelium in LGM. You will need something to keep it oxgenated (so HEPA filtered air with a high pressure pump), a strong stirring device (magnetic stirrers ain't gonna cut it for 50L or more) and a means of assuring that you are only growing what you want in there. (microscope, additional agar for purity/vigor testing, etc)
So keeping all of this in constant working order, restocking the mycelium every so often, and then purity testing constantly ... hmmm.... seems like more work for the most part. That and ingesting huge amounts of dried mycelial mass (to make up for the % difference) just seems less than enjoyable.
them's my 02
good luck

--------------------

OfflineShaw
hick

Loc: midwest, usa
Re: Bulk LGM production. [Re: laguendo]
    #1011933 - 11/01/02 01:57 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

You will fail. Good luck though. sterility of liquid cultures, especially the size you are going for, is very difficult. I have never heard of anyone having any affects from mycelium. I've heard from alot of dumbasses who ate it anyways though. I've saw a study that said mycelium had 1/10th the chemical content of fruit bodies, so even if that was true, that means about 30 dry grams, which i would assume would equil 300 wet grams.

--------------------

Edited by Shaw (11/01/02 02:00 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, HEPA Filter, Magnetic Stirrer, Microscope, Paul Stamets

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology