Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleEmbracingShadows
Deaf
 User Gallery
Home made Dumplings.
    #10100674 - 04/03/09 02:24 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

This recipe is very simple. It takes awhile to make them but they are amazing.

I'm gunna break this down into a boring monolouge but it will make it much more simple.

Bust out a mixing bowl. and add these contents.
1 egg.
1/2 cup of milk.
2 tablespoons of minced chives. (Optional, I've never used them)
3/4 teaspoon of salt.
1/4 table spoon of ground black pepper.
//Feel Free to add your own blend of herbs and spices. I personally love to add ground and crushed red pepper.

Now your going to use 4 pieces of day old hearty white bread (Home made bread is the best for these.) Your going to want to cut all the bread up into little cubes.

Fineley chop up about a 1/4 of a cup of onion. (You can use more than this. I'd say that 1/4 cup is the minimum. If you have no onions these dumlings are just as good without them.

Bring out your skillet. Turn your stove top to medium or your prefered saute' temperature.

to the skillet add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. (or however much you feel nessecary. I've never made it with vegetable oil bit i'm sure it's good as a substitute if you don't have olive)

Throw in the onions and cook them to your desired level in the olive oil. (I've never made it with vegetable oil bit i'm sure it's good as a substitute if you don't have olive)

Once the onions are done cooking take the cubed bread and drop it into the skillet and let them lighty toast. (4 to 5 minutes usually)

Once this step is done your going to want to pour the mixture you made when you started on top of the bread and mix it in gently to make sure all the bread has soaked up the fluids.
Let stand for 10 minutes.

After ten minutes has passed add 1/2 a cup of all purpose flour to your bread and mix it in by hand. After you have mixed it in, set in the fridge for 30 minutes.

While your dumpling mix is setting and becoming more malleable in the cold of the fridge you can start up your water. Your just going to want enough water so your dumplings have room to move around and be submerged. You can add any boullion to this water to help add flavor.
(I personally don't bother being I make the dumplings flavorful)

Your going to want to bring the water to a boil and then to a low simmer.

Once the 30 minutes has passed your going to want to take the dumpling mix (wet your hands, it will make this a million times easier.) and make them into little golf ball sized dumplings.

If you want you can cut up little cubes of cheese and add them into the middle of these, if you do this make sure to mold the dumplings completley shut. (I tryed this yesterday and it was awesome...)

Now your going to want to cook the dumplings in your water for about 20 minutes or until done.

Now at this step you can eat them as is but I like to take the  skillet and add a bit of butter and fry them up a little bit and brown them.

Enjoy your dumplings!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejomama
Loc: pasadena, ca
Re: Home made Dumplings. [Re: EmbracingShadows]
    #10318777 - 05/10/09 07:46 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

ooOOooh..this looks great!  I've have a little chive plant in the kitchen, and have been looking for more ways to incorporate them into my cooking.

Quick question though...What do you eat dumplings with?  Anything special?

--------------------

InvisibleEmbracingShadows
Deaf
 User Gallery
Re: Home made Dumplings. [Re: jomama]
    #10319161 - 05/10/09 08:52 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Honestly.. When I make and eat these dumplings... There so awesome I eat them alone. But I'm sure they can be eaten with things :smile:.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Home made Dumplings. [Re: EmbracingShadows]
    #10319920 - 05/10/09 10:55 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i made amazing turkey ones in home ect once

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Jump to top Pages: 1