Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineeuphoric
Stranger

Mushroom statistics?
    #10098273 - 04/02/09 11:32 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

First off I would like to know what are the chances of dieing after ingesting Mushrooms? Especially Cubies?
I heard one story where a man Ingested a decent amount, I think somewhere around a quarter ounce of Mushrooms, and died from his acidic vomit, because he had ulcers.
Another question is what is the chance of having a bad trip?
I know setting, mindset, past experience, etc. all has to do with how your trip will lay out, but I just want to know the overall chance of you having a bad trip all those variables aside?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCoaster
BaĘżal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: Mushroom statistics? [Re: euphoric]
    #10098306 - 04/02/09 11:41 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

the chances of dieing is .0000001%

--------------------

OfflinePeppy
Stranger

Loc: TX
Re: Mushroom statistics? [Re: Coaster]
    #10098315 - 04/02/09 11:44 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

there's no percentage or odds of getting a bad trip. I think it relies completely on your set and setting, state of mind, obligations, etc. Maybe if you took some poisonous kind of shroom you'd have a bad "trip".

--------------------
yo!

Offlinetwboss
Sceptic
Male User Gallery

Loc: 321 Flag
    #10098322 - 04/02/09 11:46 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

euphoric said:
First off I would like to know what are the chances of dieing after ingesting Mushrooms? Especially Cubies?
I heard one story where a man Ingested a decent amount, I think somewhere around a quarter ounce of Mushrooms, and died from his acidic vomit, because he had ulcers.
I know setting, mindset, past experience, etc. all has to do with how your trip will lay out, but I just want to know the overall chance of you having a bad trip all those variables aside?

The chances of you overdosing is 0. The chance of the mushrooms leading to your death are still very low, statistically speaking. However there are a few cases where people have died while under their influence.

We've all heard these stories. There mostly just fairy tales, though some are true. I know a few tourists went to Amsterdam and killed them selves under the influence of shrooms. One jumped off a bridge if I remember correctly. But most of that can be avoided by finding your tolerance level. Some people can handle intense highs and massive amounts of visual and audio distortion, while some loose their marbles, thats where the bad trip comes from. And no it won't last forever, it will be over in a few hours (though when your time traveling minutes feel like days). No one has any statistics of bad trips, though there have been a few polls posted on here. The number was relatively low.

Basically don't eat a large amount the first time is your best bet. And if your worrying about dieing now, chances are you will start to think about it when you do take them.

Your much more likely to die from drinking alcohol but no one ever asks if they'll die from drinking. Funny huh?

--------------------
I would turn on the tv, but its so embarrassing
to see all the other people, i dont know what they mean
it was magic at first, when they spoke without sound
but now this world is gonna hurt, you better turn that thing down
turn it around

you cant blame me, sure the killer was my son
but i didnt teach him to pull the trigger of the gun
its the killing on his tv screen
you cant blame me, its those images he seen

OfflineedDRO
legalize it
Male User Gallery

Loc: TN
Re: Mushroom statistics? [Re: Coaster]
    #10098332 - 04/02/09 11:48 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

if you and a buddy trip, in my experiance it is almost impossible to have a bad trip.thats if you eat an eighth or under though. you and your buddy will probably end up laughing alot, and just having the greatest time of your life..

--------------------
NIGGA IM THE SHIT GET THE FUCK UP OUT MY TOILET!!

OfflineSalviNate
Misnomer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dablands Flag
Re: Mushroom statistics? [Re: edDRO]
    #10098460 - 04/03/09 12:31 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

no one's died directly from shrooms

--------------------

OfflineTds
WHERES MY WATCH?!
 User Gallery

Loc: England Flag
Re: Mushroom statistics? [Re: SalviNate]
    #10098927 - 04/03/09 04:57 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

You're more likely to die from thinking you can fly and trying to do so.

--------------------
Colonisation complete.

Offlinecokane
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Mushroom statistics? [Re: Tds]
    #10099036 - 04/03/09 06:52 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

you should be fine dont trip alone is the best advice maybee one person not trip just to be safe. just be safe and plan out your trip before u start tripping.

Offlineeuphoric
Stranger

Re: Mushroom statistics? [Re: twboss]
    #10100474 - 04/03/09 01:40 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

twboss said:
Quote:

euphoric said:

The chances of you overdosing is 0. The chance of the mushrooms leading to your death are still very low, statistically speaking. However there are a few cases where people have died while under their influence.

We've all heard these stories. There mostly just fairy tales, though some are true. I know a few tourists went to Amsterdam and killed them selves under the influence of shrooms. One jumped off a bridge if I remember correctly. But most of that can be avoided by finding your tolerance level. Some people can handle intense highs and massive amounts of visual and audio distortion, while some loose their marbles, thats where the bad trip comes from. And no it won't last forever, it will be over in a few hours (though when your time traveling minutes feel like days). No one has any statistics of bad trips, though there have been a few polls posted on here. The number was relatively low.

Basically don't eat a large amount the first time is your best bet. And if your worrying about dieing now, chances are you will start to think about it when you do take them.

Your much more likely to die from drinking alcohol but no one ever asks if they'll die from drinking. Funny huh?

I've tried mushrooms before and know a decent amount about it, I just wanted to know the stats, but I pretty much got it now.

Offlinesandman_130
Neo-Classical Spiritualist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #10100536 - 04/03/09 01:57 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

euphoric said:

You will never die from mushrooms. You would have to take pure psilocybin to kill yourself and you would have to extract that from a shitload of mushrooms. More than you will probably eat in your lifetime.

If you think you can die, you will probably think you are dying during the experience.
Which will result in a very bad night. I had a friend who thought he ate bad mushrooms and was dying. He called his dad and made him take him to the hospital....lol.

But hey, at least your asking ahead of time.:thumbup:

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

:sunny::mushroom2:Maria Sabina:mushroom2::sunny:

Edited by sandman_130 (04/03/09 01:59 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract