Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshrooming4fun
mushroom eater
Loc: mitten
FILTERS
    #1009977 - 10/31/02 11:42 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i have heard to use a polyfil filter or somthing on top of the jars, do these work good, and also how do you fit them under the lid? i just want to know how to use them and where to obtain the filter. thanks

--------------------
You thought you brought your best lines but they couldn't touch mine
I rocked you in your knot hope you have better luck next time

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilosShaman
Strange Famous

Loc: Arkansas...man I love thi...
Re: FILTERS [Re: shrooming4fun]
    #1009995 - 10/31/02 11:50 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

To start off you need to make a hole in the top of your lid. If you choose to go with polyfil you can find it at any fabric store or even walmart. It is a synthetic material used to stuff pillows, quilts, dolls etc. If you would rather use a filter they can be found at various online vendors. If you do use polyfil you simply place a small ball of it in the hole that you created in your jar lid. If you use a filter the filter goes on then the lid is placed over it and then you screw the band on the jar. So when you are looking at the lid you see a hole with a filter where the hole is. They all work great for what they are intended to be used for which is gas exchange with protection from contams.

Edited by PsilosShaman (10/31/02 11:52 AM)

Offlineeternal
Greasy Granny'sGopher GravyTaste Tester

Loc: Here? Is there any where ...
Re: FILTERS [Re: shrooming4fun]
    #1010009 - 10/31/02 11:58 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hello,

Filters are not really needed as long as you are using Vermiculite as you buffer between the substate and the lid.

I would use plastic lids with holes punched in for innoculation. Then add substrate and a layer of vermeculite -

This usually enough to stop contams - If you continue to have contam issues then go ahead and try poly fill or filter disks --

Good luck!!

Peace out!

--------------------
No matter where you go. There you are!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate