Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSerdal
Stranger
Male

Changing your life around: Psychedelics
    #10088999 - 04/01/09 06:08 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Recently I had my first mushroom trip, at the time it was very insightful, and while I was on it I assured myself that my life would change. I reached a high lv 2 /low lv 3 trip off of 1.75g's of blue cubensis. However, once I returned back to normal, I didn't have the same motivation, and seemed to have lost the majority of the insights I had while on them. And now, almost one week later, I am back to normal with almost no change in who I am, not what I was expecting. The same thing pretty much goes with the low dose salvia trips I've done.

Is this how all psychedelics are? Or do I need to be patient and wait for a "true" experience? I always figured applying a trip to your life would be difficult, but I really don't seem to be learning much off of these psychedelics.

--------------------
*insert signature here*

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFreedomForAll
One Step Ahead
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Changing your life around: Psychedelics [Re: Serdal]
    #10089038 - 04/01/09 06:12 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Well ego death is level 5, maybe thats what you need?

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#10089057 - 04/01/09 06:14 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Changing your life requires dedication and motivation.  Psychedelics can show you a brief glimpse of what needs to be changed, but it's up to you in the long run to make those insights stick.  Lilly's Programming and Metaprogramming the Human Biocomputer has some good information on how to do this if you're interested.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#10089089 - 04/01/09 06:19 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I don't think your first mushrooms trip is going to completely change your life, not saying it hasn't happened before...

But the way i look at it, mushrooms and other psychedelics open up the door and show you things but they're not going to change shit for you. They allow you to see certain issue's or problems from a different angle, but it is ultimately up to you to take the initiative to change your self now that you have seen things in a new light....

:2cents:

--------------------

OfflineRedrawing
Psychonaut

#10089264 - 04/01/09 06:45 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Serdal said:
Recently I had my first mushroom trip, at the time it was very insightful, and while I was on it I assured myself that my life would change. I reached a high lv 2 /low lv 3 trip off of 1.75g's of blue cubensis. However, once I returned back to normal, I didn't have the same motivation, and seemed to have lost the majority of the insights I had while on them. And now, almost one week later, I am back to normal with almost no change in who I am, not what I was expecting. The same thing pretty much goes with the low dose salvia trips I've done.

Is this how all psychedelics are? Or do I need to be patient and wait for a "true" experience? I always figured applying a trip to your life would be difficult, but I really don't seem to be learning much off of these psychedelics.

These aren't insta-enlightenment pills. You've got to be a curious, motivated and inquisitive person to begin with. You've got to start learning yourself beyond the cultural conditioning that you normally identify with. You have to read, experience, and reflect.

Psychedelics aren't going to change you--they're going to reveal new ways for the  you that has always been there to think about things. If you don't have the capacity to latch onto the insights and apply them in practical and philosophical ways, then mushrooms aren't going to give you that capacity.

--------------------

I'm an insect who dreamt he was a man and loved it, but now that dream is over and the insect is awake

OfflineSerdal
Stranger
Male

Re: Changing your life around: Psychedelics [Re: Redrawing]
    #10089508 - 04/01/09 07:20 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Okay, thanks for the info. I suppose my expectation were a little off. I shall continue to indulge my curiosity into the field of psychedelics, and hopefully  I'll start gaining some experiences.

--------------------
*insert signature here*

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#10089607 - 04/01/09 07:33 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Serdal said:
Okay, thanks for the info. I suppose my expectation were a little off. I shall continue to indulge my curiosity into the field of psychedelics, and hopefully  I'll start gaining some experiences.

I would consider my self relatively new to psychedelics, as far as mushrooms go i have 7 trips over a 2 year span under my belt so far.

One thing i have noticed is that i seem to be able to bring more back from the trip as my experience with mushrooms goes on. And i can go deeper while using a smaller dose.

I'm also experiencing this with LSA and Salvia....

--------------------

OfflineElixier
Awesome

Re: Changing your life around: Psychedelics [Re: deCypher]
    #10089617 - 04/01/09 07:35 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

deCypher said:
Changing your life requires dedication and motivation.  Psychedelics can show you a brief glimpse of what needs to be changed, but it's up to you in the long run to make those insights stick.

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

Loc: Alpha Canis Majoris
    #10089687 - 04/01/09 07:43 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Serdal said:

Think of psychedelics as a hammer. One guy takes a hammer in his hand and says "wtf do I do with this, Im no carpenter" and tosses it aside. Another guy may bash his brains in with it. And another may take it and build the Taj Mahal.

They are merely tools. The way they interact with us, and the way we interact with them varies from person to person. Much can be learned through them, or one can simply have a good time.
Sometimes you will feel as if you are instantaneously transfigured into an enlightened state of awareness, yet are unable to retain that state for an extended period of time afterward. Then again, some are able to hold on to this awakened state and remain in touch with the higher states of awareness. 
The world we live in keeps us in a hypnotic trance; sometimes we break the sleeping spell from time to time through psychedelics, meditation, and even traumatic experience, but without completely devoting oneself to remaining aware, its easy to be lulled back into that trance state.

--------------------
Looking for Astrophytum asterias specimens; have cacti for trade :pm:

Offlineretrospect
Re: Changing your life around: Psychedelics [Re: satyr]
    #10092095 - 04/02/09 02:46 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I think too many people think psychedelics are going to do all this great change for them, without them having to actually put any effort in, and get all dissapointed when nothing happens.

It's not really any different to practicing a religion, the same way christians use Jesus' teachings, the same way buddhists use Buddha's teachings. Psychedelics will teach/show you things, but it's up to you to put the effort in and incorporate what you learn into your life.

Offlinecsrpj
no one's a stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: bay area, california
Re: Changing your life around: Psychedelics [Re: retrospect]
    #10092140 - 04/02/09 03:05 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

retrospect said:
I think too many people think psychedelics are going to do all this great change for them, without them having to actually put any effort in, and get all dissapointed when nothing happens.

It's not really any different to practicing a religion, the same way christians use Jesus' teachings, the same way buddhists use Buddha's teachings. Psychedelics will teach/show you things, but it's up to you to put the effort in and incorporate what you learn into your life.

yes yes! i have found this quite true for me.

i have like 20 real strong trips over the summer, a lot of them bad. anyway, i feel into this trap, and only now (w/ aid of cannabis) i'm thinking back in detail at those trips and use them as tools for rapid personal growth! speaking of cannibis i'm stoned out of my mind on MJ....actually feels like a very small dose acid trip in many ways.

OfflineDioxyde
Stranger

#10092415 - 04/02/09 05:24 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Serdal said:

Go deeper into the experience and gradually increase your doses, strangely to understand the full glory of the reality around us we first have to abandon it completely (usually "ego-loss") which gets easier the higher you dose plain and simple.  Besides I feel that real enlightenment is the knowledge that you in fact possess very little knowledge at all, which in turn will drive you to take interest in all things and never stop learning, just pay attention to what it means and where it goes, and if it's unimportant or it leads into something you don't want (oscillations included) then don't let it get in the way of new knowledge, learn to navigate.

Hopefully somewhere along your way you'll acquire some DMT, as far as enlightening experiences goes it's undeniable by most (all?) people who take it, well worth the time of anyone with question marks in their eyes.

--------------------
"...and only when you forget you are human, will you remember you are a God."

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: New York Flag
Re: Changing your life around: Psychedelics [Re: satyr]
    #10092719 - 04/02/09 07:41 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I like that hammer comparison. I have a little comparison of my own.

Think of your brain as clay. It starts off soft and moldable. As you grow older it starts to dry and harden as you become more solidified in your ways. Psychedelics take that dry and hardened mind and makes it soft and moldable again. Whether you chose to let it sit and harden the same way it was before is up to you. But you can take it, and remold it to however you wish. It's not easy, but the choice is there, and the choice is yours.

Offline5HTSynaptrip
Dopamine Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
    #10092744 - 04/02/09 07:51 AM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Shrooms don't change your personality or govern your actions.  The type of change you're talking about comes from mental discipline.  If you decide to live a certain, you need to practice it for it to really happen.

Otherwise it's just an idea.

--------------------

Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge. - My hero, who will be forever remembered, Carl Sagan.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies