Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: Canada
contamination or water damage?
    #1008386 - 10/31/02 01:02 AM (14 years, 1 day ago)

hello, this is my first time posting as well as growing;

i started 6 PF jars of the B+ strain and 6 jars of Gulf Coast nearly 3 weeks ago. the GC is a little slower than B+, but the B+ jars are almost fully colonized now. my problem is that the fungus doesn't look a bright white color like the pics i've seen. could this be because i can see the grey colored substrate through the mycelium?

i lost only one jar early on to obvious contamination. the rest of the jars seem fine, i've been checking them thoroughly every couple of days.

there are some light grey/yellowish areas and i'm not sure if this is water damage or conatmination. there's a little bit of water on the inside of the jars, but not enough to drip down the side or anything like that.

the areas of discoloration are not separate from the actual mycelium. it has started to change color after it has already spread out quite a bit.

i wish i could describe it better. any help would be greatly appriciated, because this is my first time cultivating mushrooms. since i have no experience, i'm having a hard time identifying the different contaminants.

ps. i might be able to take some pics of my jars within the next couple of days, if anyone is willing to help. thanks.

- flawed

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
 User Gallery

Loc: Western Cordillera(Inverm...
Re: contamination or water damage? [Re: flawed]
    #1008425 - 10/31/02 01:13 AM (14 years, 1 day ago)

Sounds like its nothing to worry about. You will know if its contaminated. Wait and see. I'f you are really worried ,quarintine(sp) the jar from the others.

addicted to reason
a hollow understanding trapped me
I cannot see outside but its calling

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation