Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Joe Biden's (Author of Rave Act, ONDCP, and Drug Czar legislation) daughter filmed snorting cocaine
    #10071732 - 03/30/09 01:24 AM (15 years, 2 days ago)

Joe's Resume, skip if you're familiar with the man to My Question listed below and the story.

Biden's Curriculum Vitae:

• Authored the Rave Act that allows property owners to be prosecuted and have their property seized for law enforcement to play around with if drug use occurs on premises that could have been forseen, like at a concert, among other things.  Joe said glow sticks were drug paraphernalia in the introduction of the law.  Has been used to shut down concerts, marijuana advocacy group meetings, medical marijuana dispensaries, and to seize property from the landlords and threaten the same for groups the DEA or police don't like (marijuana advocacy groups for example).

• Came up with the Drug Czar office and successfully passed the legislation and funding. 

• Responsible for the mandatory minimum drug sentences for victimless crimes in the Comprehensive Crime Control Act of 1984. 

• Pushed for harsh penalties on crack, giving rise the the 500:1 disparity between the cocaine salts and cocaine base.

• Pushed for the Office of National Drug Control Policy creation and funding (thank them for much of the bullshit misleading marijuana ads you see and other unscientific propaganda hurled at teens ).

• Led the charge on criminalizing steroid use, favoring even higher prison terms for mere possession by adults.

• Would ban smoking nationwide in public places by federal, rather than state or local, law.

• Wants to keep it a crime for twenty year olds to drink alcohol, opposes lowering the age from 21.

• Supported the "Drug Free School Zone" laws that treat you like you were selling to six year olds if you have drugs within 1,000 feet of a school, even if in your own home behind closed doors or at a concert with other adults.

And finally.....

• Saved us all from submarine drug smugglers by closing the "submarine exception" that long plagued us.

My question:

How much you want to bet if this is true that it will be a "private family matter" rather than leading to the seizure of the place she was snorting coke and prosecution of her and the owners of the building as the rave act calls for?

How much you want to bet this will be a "private family matter" that Biden asks for "our understanding" and privacy on rather than a relentless criminal prosecution leading to mandatory minimum incarceration terms?

I'm constantly struck by the discord between people who support and even promote (as Biden does, one of the largest drug war crusaders) the war on drugs and the public criminal prosecution of victimless criminals and the way in which they deal with personal matters affecting their friends and relatives.

Is he going to support the relentless prosecution and jailing of his daughter, in the public courts, for a private act that harmed nobody?  Or is he going to be a hypocrite and say when its his daughter its not a criminal matter, and requires love and private reflection rather than public indictment, incarceration and asset forfeiture as his laws provide for?

Quote:

A video purporting to show Ashley Biden -- daughter of Vice President Joe Biden -- snorting cocaine reportedly is being offered for sale.

The New York Post reported that it was shown a 90-second clip of a 42-minute video by a lawyer claiming to represent an anonymous "friend" of the vice president's daughter. The lawyer, Thomas Dunlap, and another man say the video shows Biden's daughter using the drug at a house party this month in Delaware.

Dunlap reportedly told the Post that the video was legally obtained, and that Ashley Biden was aware that she was being filmed. The Post reported that it refused to pay for the video, though Dunlap told the newspaper that one news organization had offered $250,000 for the rights to the tape.

On Sunday, Radaronline.com reported that Dunlap, an attorney for the Washington, D.C. firm Dunlap, Grubb and Weaver, dropped the seller of the tape as a client after learning the scene was recorded on a hidden camera.

The Web site said Dunlap said he did not want to be involved in the sale because of the publicity around the story.

The Post reported that the video shows a 20-something woman with light skin and long brown hair taking a red straw from her mouth and bending over a desk, inserting the straw into her nostril and snorting from lines of white powder.

The woman appears to resemble the 27-year-old Biden, a social worker who was a visible presence during her father's campaign for the White House.

Dunlap refused to name the person who shot the video, but told the Post that he knew Ashley Biden well and had attended other parties with her at which there were illegal drugs. The lawyers said the person who shot the video used a camera with a hard-drive that he later destroyed, drilling into the device and tossing it into a lake.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/03/28/video-offered-sale-purports-bidens-daughter-snorting-cocaine/
Will Biden accept public investigation and prosecution of his daughter and those involved, or will he claim it is a "private family matter"- seemingly contrary to his long history of drug war crusading?
You may choose 2

Votes accepted from (03/30/09 01:22 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

Edited by johnm214 (03/30/09 11:40 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Author of the Rave Act, Drug Czar Legislation, et cet (Biden)'s Daughter caught snorting coke. [Re: johnm214]
    #10071998 - 03/30/09 03:04 AM (15 years, 2 days ago)

You're forgetting the obvious: he'll deny the video show his daughter snorting coke. Then he'll say it's a personal family matter.

--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Author of the Rave Act, Drug Czar Legislation, et cet (Biden)'s Daughter caught snorting coke. [Re: zouden]
    #10072197 - 03/30/09 04:49 AM (15 years, 2 days ago)

Maybe she just wants to run for president some day.  Being a hypocrite seems to be a prerequisite these days.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleLakefingers
Re: Author of the Rave Act, Drug Czar Legislation, et cet (Biden)'s Daughter caught snorting coke. [Re: Seuss]
    #10072268 - 03/30/09 05:18 AM (15 years, 2 days ago)

These days? Brush on your history.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Joe Biden's, author of the Rave Act and Drug Czar legislation, daughter filmed snorting coke. [Re: johnm214]
    #10072773 - 03/30/09 09:06 AM (15 years, 2 days ago)

It might not even be his daughter. I have seen no evidence yet that it is his daughter, merely allegations that the girl on video is her. Is it or isn't it? Who knows?

Phred

--------------------

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Joe Biden's, authored Rave Act, ONDCP, and Drug Czar legislation, daughter filmed snorting cocaine [Re: johnm214]
    #10072801 - 03/30/09 09:14 AM (15 years, 2 days ago)

Is her last name Palin?

No?

then there is nothing to see here.......

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Joe Biden's, authored Rave Act, ONDCP, and Drug Czar legislation, daughter filmed snorting cocaine [Re: lonestar2004]
    #10072806 - 03/30/09 09:16 AM (15 years, 2 days ago)

Don't be ridiculous.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Joe Biden's, authored Rave Act, ONDCP, and Drug Czar legislation, daughter filmed snorting cocaine [Re: Redstorm]
    #10072810 - 03/30/09 09:17 AM (15 years, 2 days ago)

Also, let's not forget this isn't the first time she's been in legal trouble. She also like to get drunk and mess with police officers, too.

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Joe Biden's, author of the Rave Act and Drug Czar legislation, daughter filmed snorting coke. [Re: Phred]
    #10072855 - 03/30/09 09:28 AM (15 years, 2 days ago)

There is no evidence other than the parroted allegations echoing around the newspapers that Dunlap says its her (he claims to know her in the above story) and testimonials, which is why I prefaced my remarks by asking how much you want to bet if it turns out to be true....

What i want to know is WTF was the deal with the lawyer drilling a hole through the tape and then desecrating a wetland with the likely toxic contents?

Can someone explain how a lawyer you retain to represent you gets away with destroying your property like that?  Even if he decided the tape was illegaly obtained, how can he destroy the evidence of at least one and possibly more crimes?  I'm guessing it was meerly a copy from teh way the stories are written, but still... weird

The whole thing sounds weird.  The lawyer who was shopping the tape knew biden's daughter well and still represented the owner of the tape?

I'm willing to bet the allegations are true given the lawyer's testimonials, but the news will parrot a lie for days after its demonstrably false, so I'm certainly not sure of anything (except that biden will be a hypocrite and ask for privacy rather than accepting the fate of his daughter and the property owners under the laws he authored).

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Joe Biden's, authored Rave Act, ONDCP, and Drug Czar legislation, daughter filmed snorting cocaine [Re: Redstorm]
    #10073196 - 03/30/09 10:48 AM (15 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
Don't be ridiculous.

:rolleyes:

i know you dont believe in media bias but just do a google news search on the daughter of Sarah Palin......(Bristol)

TODAYS NEWS!

Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston split

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-palin_family-tabmar13,0,1061701.story

Palin's Ex Has No Regrets, May Reconcile With Bristol
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Politics/story?id=7089090&page=1

Sarah Palin Blows Another Teachable Moment: Margaret Carlson

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601039&sid=aUoRTqRtwOPE&refer=home

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Loc: athens Flag
Re: Joe Biden's, author of the Rave Act and Drug Czar legislation, daughter filmed snorting coke. [Re: johnm214]
    #10073203 - 03/30/09 10:50 AM (15 years, 2 days ago)

i am sure there is still a copy of the video around. the lawyer is probably trying to save his ass by saying he destroyed it. holding a tape of the vice presiden't daughter snorting coke is kind of dangerous.

i doubt there will be any kind of serious prosecution either john. if concrete evidence does surface, he will claim it is a family matter, and until then he will just deny it.

InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Joe Biden's, author of the Rave Act and Drug Czar legislation, daughter filmed snorting coke. [Re: JT]
    #10073942 - 03/30/09 01:29 PM (15 years, 1 day ago)

I would love to see her rot in prison for laws her father supports.

Someone needs to go on record and say she needs to be made an example out of and prosecuted to the FULLEST extent of the law.

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Joe Biden's, author of the Rave Act and Drug Czar legislation, daughter filmed snorting coke. [Re: Green_T]
    #10074248 - 03/30/09 02:30 PM (15 years, 1 day ago)

I'm torn here.

On one hand, I don't like seeing anyone go to jail for non-violent drug crimes.

On the other hand, the law should be equally applied to all people, no matter who they are.

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Joe Biden's, author of the Rave Act and Drug Czar legislation, daughter filmed snorting coke. [Re: Redstorm]
    #10074293 - 03/30/09 02:41 PM (15 years, 1 day ago)

Yeah, injustice is injustice.

I've always felt prosecutorial discretion is largely bullshit, the laws should be enforced as written or not at all. 

I do think she should be prosecuted, however; if that would be the normal course for this evidence.  While I don't like to see high profile people treated worse, I do wonder how this can be ignored by the local or federal authorities in good conscious given how clear the evidence is.  And biden's own law would allow the house to be seized and the owners prosecuted if they were aware of any illegal drug usage.  Or do we only use those strong measures on people we don't like?  Only if you really piss off the folks in charge do they use the full range of laws available?  Their was drug dealing in that video under the definitions used by the state and federal laws- how could that be ignored?  And there was also surely crack, with its illogicaly higher penalties, involved under the ridiculous definition of that (which defies chemistry).

Of course this is bullshit and of no harm to anyone, but how is that any different then any other drug crime?  It isn't.

Mostly I want to see the public recognize the inherent contradiction between biden's relentless criminalization of victimless crimes and the continual upping of the (mandatory) penalties and his inevitable statements (through spokesmen) that this is a private family matter rather than the serious felony him and his ilk have turned it into.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #10074399 - 03/30/09 02:57 PM (15 years, 1 day ago)

I agree with you 100% as usual.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Joe Biden's, author of the Rave Act and Drug Czar legislation, daughter filmed snorting coke. [Re: Green_T]
    #10074850 - 03/30/09 04:18 PM (15 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

green_titan said:
I would love to see her rot in prison for laws her father supports.

Someone needs to go on record and say she needs to be made an example out of and prosecuted to the FULLEST extent of the law.

I think Tim Leary got eight years for a small amount of pot. I don't think it was even his. He took responsibility for his daughter who got busted. I think the amount was one joint.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisiblemr.bixby
Routine waxes cold
Male

Loc: The West is the Best
Re: Joe Biden's, author of the Rave Act and Drug Czar legislation, daughter filmed snorting coke. [Re: Icelander]
    #10077625 - 03/30/09 11:07 PM (15 years, 1 day ago)

It's elite privilage and of course they won't go after her if it does turn out to be her.  I like your post, it's well organized and provides many good points but I think many on this forum are aware of much of this allready. 
What I did learn that I wasn't aware of was that Biden was behind the drug free school zones law that I fell under awhile back, which just adds to the disdain I feel for the man.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Joe Biden's (Author of Rave Act, ONDCP, and Drug Czar legislation) daughter filmed snorting cocaine [Re: johnm214]
    #10079631 - 03/31/09 11:00 AM (15 years, 1 day ago)

I feel bad for his daughter, because she didn't do anything wrong, but I'm also glad that this happened.  Because this asshole Biden is responsible for ruining the lives of THOUSANDS of people.  Of course his daughter will skate because why should she be subject to Biden's draconian drug laws like everyone else? 

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Joe Biden's (Author of Rave Act, ONDCP, and Drug Czar legislation) daughter filmed snorting cocaine [Re: Learyfan]
    #10080288 - 03/31/09 01:15 PM (15 years, 21 hours ago)

Just another dipshit politician.:shrug:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Joe Biden's (Author of Rave Act, ONDCP, and Drug Czar legislation) daughter filmed snorting cocaine [Re: Icelander]
    #10080461 - 03/31/09 01:44 PM (15 years, 21 hours ago)

I don't give two shits about this dumb bint's coke habit.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale